Anyone see me on CNN?

top gun

I thought I started a thread on this just as I was walking out the door last Wed. night but I can't find it. I might of forgot to enter it... I was rushing.

That doesn't matter but I thought it was interesting us all being HOP members and such.

For the President's State of the Union speech CNN used Columbus, Ohio as their only live streaming focus group. You know that Democrat, Republican, Independent fluctuating line graph at the bottom of the screen.

Well there were 30 registered voters picked, 10 of each affiliation out of hundreds & hundreds that they did a preliminary telephone interview with... I was one that was asked to participate.

I didn't know at the time the group was going to be set up in a studio at OSU I thought it was to be a closed session with possibly a couple interviews at the end. It ended up we were set up to be on the national news feed as we did our focus group work rating the President's speech while it was ongoing.

Due to time constraints only 3 or 4 people of of our 30 were asked questions live but the group was the background in every shot. If it's still on CNN.com for last Wed. night you could look it up and guess... now which one is topgun... lol!

Hint: I'm not wearing a Billy Jack hat.:D

Werbung:
Originally Posted by top gun I'm leaving right now to meet with CNN to participate in tonight's State of the Union address as a live streaming focus group member.

Watch the approval graph move back & forth at the bottom of tonights telecast.

I'll talk about the experience more late tonight or tomorrow.

Tapping my foot...looking at my watch...falling asleep while waiting for your post :)

I was wondering if you forgot to come tell us what you thought...I had a tough time trying to stay awake for that part...but I finally gave up and fell asleep.

Tapping my foot...looking at my watch...falling asleep while waiting for your post :)

I was wondering if you forgot to come tell us what you thought...I had a tough time trying to stay awake for that part...but I finally gave up and fell asleep.

I'm sorry my friend. It dragged on forever.

It was a looong night. I had no idea it would be this big of a production. When I got there and found out the format I called home and the wife started calling everyone telling them the projected times they'd be cutting to us... but that didn't do you any good huh?:D

It went like this. Had to leave home about 6:00 to be at the OSU campus studio before 7:00. They fed us. Then they asked us each the same 5 or 6 questions to gauge our positions going in. Then they had us sit in a room (a 3 camera set) that was like 100 degrees with all the studio lights and watch the whole address on a special feed that showed no commentary or even our own graph lines so we wouldn't be tainted by any particular coverage. That's a lot of sitting still in the glare of the lights not always knowing if they might be filming us just as background. Of course we knew when they were going to cut to us for comments.

Then asked to stay as a group form after the speech until after 11:30 to do exit interviews for CNN and for the research group. Home after midnight.

It was a good experience though. They feed us a big spread, paid for parking and gave us a lot of CNN swag at the end as we were leaving... CNN ball caps, T-Shirts those sorts of things.

I can tell you this. We looked a whole lot more peaceful on camera than off. It was one of those group gatherings where just a couple of the 10 Republicans in our group discussions would try and bash our President using Glenn Beck as a credible source and the room would erupt in let's say rather noisy conversation.:D Over half of the Dems (including yours truly) would speak to that notion quickly. The Independents dismissed him as completely nonproductive (to be fair when asked they didn't particularly like any of the not straight news commentators Olbermann etc.) and the Republicans for the most part just didn't comment when things got out there in Beck land.

Good but long and tiring night. But I felt it was important. I mean 30 people chosen to give the pulse of the nation on a national event... had to do it.

I'm sorry my friend. It dragged on forever.
Just can't help pointing this out... you seem to use terms like that a lot, but only when commenting on certain other folks' posts. I never see you do it that I don't think the most appropriate thing to drop in there would be "tovarisch" (Russian for "Comrade").

Just can't help pointing this out... you seem to use terms like that a lot, but only when commenting on certain other folks' posts. I never see you do it that I don't think the most appropriate thing to drop in there would be "tovarisch" (Russian for "Comrade").
GEEE WHIZ...Pidgey, do you ever stop:confused:

I was trying to guess right before I dropped off...that you might have been on the far left side of the room, blue shirt {but not navy}...that person seemed to be in every shot that I saw until I dropped off to sleep!

I have no idea what that paragraph meant. Maybe you should retype it.

GEEE WHIZ...Pidgey, do you ever stop:confused:

I was trying to guess right before I dropped off...that you might have been on the far left side of the room, blue shirt {but not navy}...that person seemed to be in every shot that I saw until I dropped off to sleep!

I think I do remember an older gentalman with like a light blue Levis type shirt on... not me though. I was going to wear a suit but it's so darn cold here I would have had to still wear an overcoat... so I went with a black dress shirt and tan suit pants... with the full length wool overcoat.

Werbung:
I thought I started a thread on this just as I was walking out the door last Wed. night but I can't find it. I might of forgot to enter it... I was rushing.

That doesn't matter but I thought it was interesting us all being HOP members and such.

For the President's State of the Union speech CNN used Columbus, Ohio as their only live streaming focus group. You know that Democrat, Republican, Independent fluctuating line graph at the bottom of the screen.

Well there were 30 registered voters picked, 10 of each affiliation out of hundreds & hundreds that they did a preliminary telephone interview with... I was one that was asked to participate.

I didn't know at the time the group was going to be set up in a studio at OSU I thought it was to be a closed session with possibly a couple interviews at the end. It ended up we were set up to be on the national news feed as we did our focus group work rating the President's speech while it was ongoing.

Due to time constraints only 3 or 4 people of of our 30 were asked questions live but the group was the background in every shot. If it's still on CNN.com for last Wed. night you could look it up and guess... now which one is topgun... lol!

Hint: I'm not wearing a Billy Jack hat.:D

You are great at finding youtubes, can you find and post it?

Back