Are Federal Employees becoming Targets?

Well I'll say this. I've never owned a gun before but now I'm going to invest in getting one and also I'm going to get my concealed hang gun license as well. I'll be damn if some nutbag decides that he or she needs to make an example of the government by targeting me or my family simply because I work for the FEDS. Its like I tell my coworkers I shoot back and I won't shoot to maim or injure but to kill....I'll claim self defense in the process and these people feel this way then why don't they target Military personal? I mean are they afraid of getting a backlash from those who they claim support their cause in the military?

It would be ironic if the killing of a fed increased gun support among feds.

Guns should be used for self defense. If you plan to kill a person that stops being self defense. You stance is indefensible. Then to lie about what you did would make it worse. It might not matter because if your crime were caught on video you lie might not stand up in court.

Werbung:
the left break windows, maybe spraypaint crap, throw things at cops in riot gear..

the Right Assinates Dr's , blows up Federal Buildings....

the ones on the left, often young hight school and college students..

the Right Grown men

guess what one I fear more

I doubt that generalization would stand up to scrutiny. But it does demonstrate your bias.

It would be ironic if the killing of a fed increased gun support among feds.

Guns should be used for self defense. If you plan to kill a person that stops being self defense. You stance is indefensible. Then to lie about what you did would make it worse. It might not matter because if your crime were caught on video you lie might not stand up in court.

I'll put it too you like this Dr. Who...If you one of those people who are so pissed off at the government and I see you coming at me with a gun in your hand and extreme hate in your eyes i'll let you get the first shot off since god forbid I shoot first. Then if I live after you shoot me and I manage to get a shot off myself and wound you I won't wait to call the cops. Instead I'll walk up to you and blow your head off. I mean I'll still plead self defense in which it will be guarantee you that, then when the police ask me why I felt it necessary to blow your head off I'll tell them I was afraid for my life. I mean it's all up to a jury to decide right? I mean after your terrorist attack against a federal employee what kind of sympathy would you expect to get anyways from your death? Let me know alright. By the way...You are right about one thing. If attacks against federal employees start to get out of control then I can see your point about them supporting more gun rights. Just do me a favor don't start complaining next time you see one with a gun strapped to their hip(you probably will and make it sound like the FEDs are arming their employees to intimidate the citizens) at least that's the way those on the extreme right will spin it. So yeah as a federal employee if I die on the job because your pissed off at the government then oh well it sucks to be me right?

It is pointless to "... give them an ear full...", inasmuch as they are employees with no power to change anything, or the mechanism to report popular protests to the people who have the power to effect a change. Therefore, it is irrational to vent anger at those people who are just doing a job. An adult would know this; not having to be told. Do you not have some homework to do?

Perhaps a non acorn census worker should hear and be able to report back to their supervisor that some citizens are very unhappy with a number of the questions this particular census is asking. If I just say nothing, how will they know to report to their supervisors a citizens dislike for some of the questions.

I am not one who is very good at shutting up and taking it.

If its an acorn worker, they will have well deserved what I plan to say to them.

ACORN mostly work in minority neighborhoods and if that scares you people then why don't protest in said neighborhoods? I mean let the good citizens know that your concerned that such a group is looking out for their best interests and that all you want to do is support them in making sure their voice is heard. Am I right. Volunteer go into the ghetto's and varrio's of the inner cities and show your disdain for ACORN and tell the people who live there to trust who you support. Since most of you like to show up at Town Hall meetings and let these politicians know how you feel do the same in the inner cities. What you guys scared or something?

ACORN mostly work in minority neighborhoods and if that scares you people then why don't protest in said neighborhoods? I mean let the good citizens know that your concerned that such a group is looking out for their best interests and that all you want to do is support them in making sure their voice is heard. Am I right. Volunteer go into the ghetto's and varrio's of the inner cities and show your disdain for ACORN and tell the people who live there to trust who you support. Since most of you like to show up at Town Hall meetings and let these politicians know how you feel do the same in the inner cities. What you guys scared or something?

We really dont have bad neighborhoods here, I dont even know if we have acorn here. I doubt it. The worst neighborhood we have in this town I would walk through at 3 am without concern. Its a different sort of town.

poor people do not scare me, neither does acorn and I dont see any reason to protest acorn in a poor area, my problem is with acorn not with poor people.

I'll put it too you like this Dr. Who...If you one of those people who are so pissed off at the government and I see you coming at me with a gun in your hand and extreme hate in your eyes i'll let you get the first shot off since god forbid I shoot first. Then if I live after you shoot me and I manage to get a shot off myself and wound you I won't wait to call the cops. Instead I'll walk up to you and blow your head off. I mean I'll still plead self defense in which it will be guarantee you that, then when the police ask me why I felt it necessary to blow your head off I'll tell them I was afraid for my life. I mean it's all up to a jury to decide right? I mean after your terrorist attack against a federal employee what kind of sympathy would you expect to get anyways from your death? Let me know alright. By the way...You are right about one thing. If attacks against federal employees start to get out of control then I can see your point about them supporting more gun rights. Just do me a favor don't start complaining next time you see one with a gun strapped to their hip(you probably will and make it sound like the FEDs are arming their employees to intimidate the citizens) at least that's the way those on the extreme right will spin it. So yeah as a federal employee if I die on the job because your pissed off at the government then oh well it sucks to be me right?

a more reasonable response would still save you the trouble of needing to prove a lie that it was self defense:

Just shoot when the threat becomes apparent without waiting for the other guy to fire first. As soon as the other guy is disabled or dead and cannot harm you anymore then call the police. But there is no need to kill a person who tries to kill you after they no longer pose a threat. We have courts to dispense justice.

Dahermit said in response to a real childish post from a 'supposedly public educated adult', LMAO: It is pointless to "... give them an ear full...", inasmuch as they are employees with no power to change anything, or the mechanism to report popular protests to the people who have the power to effect a change. Therefore, it is irrational to vent anger at those people who are just doing a job. An adult would know this; not having to be told. Do you not have some homework to do?

If we turn that 'mindset around' and told the 'right-winged nut jobs' that anything and everything that they do & say is reflected directly back upon the GOP/Republican party, do you think that they might 'GET A CLUE'/have a adult mental moment/give this over blown knee jerk reaction to a entire corporation a little latitude and understanding:confused:
Who works in a company/corporation/agency that you have complete and utter control over each and every finite thing that they say & do...that you can't control all of the people all of the time that work for your corporation is as old as the biblical days and before!!! Humans are free thinkers {well except for those with the simmering racists views that just HATE without a good basis for their deep-seated feelings that they can't explain} and those of that ILK just hate and wait for a cause to join the 'lynch mob mentality' ;)

a more reasonable response would still save you the trouble of needing to prove a lie that it was self defense:

Just shoot when the threat becomes apparent without waiting for the other guy to fire first. As soon as the other guy is disabled or dead and cannot harm you anymore then call the police. But there is no need to kill a person who tries to kill you after they no longer pose a threat. We have courts to dispense justice.

I'm so happy to know you have actual faith in the Justice system in this country. I mean it's a little naive but ok? Let me say this. I won't wait for the justice system because some million dollar hack job of an attorney probably hired on by some extreme right-wing nut bag with hush hush backing from political and talk show figures. Will do everything in their power to make me look like the bad guy who egged on the violence to begin with. Let me ask Dr. Who do you believe the individual(s) who murdered that census worker deserve to get arrested or do you see them as PATRIOTS and REVOLUTIONARY'S who are only doing what they feel is right? God forbid I deserve to put food on my table and clothes on my family back simply because I work for the Federal Government. You don't get it and honestly if you came across a federal employee who just got shot you would probably be the type of person to just walk on by and as you do so kick them in the head and tell them "You got what you deserved". I'll say this to all those TEA parties activist your no different from ACORN both of your groups are ruining this country and feeding into this hate and discontent and I put both of these groups right in there with the Militias and the Gang bangers as the scourge of America. All of you are terrorist and deserve to be put in GITMO along with Al QUIDA as well. There I said and I don't regret it!

I'm so happy to know you have actual faith in the Justice system in this country. I mean it's a little naive but ok? Let me say this. I won't wait for the justice system because some million dollar hack job of an attorney probably hired on by some extreme right-wing nut bag with hush hush backing from political and talk show figures. Will do everything in their power to make me look like the bad guy who egged on the violence to begin with. Let me ask Dr. Who do you believe the individual(s) who murdered that census worker deserve to get arrested or do you see them as PATRIOTS and REVOLUTIONARY'S who are only doing what they feel is right? God forbid I deserve to put food on my table and clothes on my family back simply because I work for the Federal Government. You don't get it and honestly if you came across a federal employee who just got shot you would probably be the type of person to just walk on by and as you do so kick them in the head and tell them "You got what you deserved". I'll say this to all those TEA parties activist your no different from ACORN both of your groups are ruining this country and feeding into this hate and discontent and I put both of these groups right in there with the Militias and the Gang bangers as the scourge of America. All of you are terrorist and deserve to be put in GITMO along with Al QUIDA as well. There I said and I don't regret it!

Dang, you seem to be one angry violent person. After reading this post and the other where you described shooting Dr. Who in the face. Its almost like you are looking and hoping to find someone to beat up or kill. Are you by chance a postal worker?

Dang, you seem to be one angry violent person. After reading this post and the other where you described shooting Dr. Who in the face. Its almost like you are looking and hoping to find someone to beat up or kill. Are you by chance a postal worker?[/QUOTE

Does it bother you that a Federal employee would actually defend them selves?
I'm not going to be victim although some on the extreme right and the left would love for us to be one. I'm not going to stand by and be a victim especially since I work for the Federal Government. What if I was a Postal Employee? Whats the matter you don't like your PUBLIC OPTION with your mail??? Did you know that it was a PUBLIC OPTION besides UPS and FEDEX???

Dang, you seem to be one angry violent person. After reading this post and the other where you described shooting Dr. Who in the face. Its almost like you are looking and hoping to find someone to beat up or kill. Are you by chance a postal worker?[/QUOTE

Does it bother you that a Federal employee would actually defend them selves?
I'm not going to be victim although some on the extreme right and the left would love for us to be one. I'm not going to stand by and be a victim especially since I work for the Federal Government. What if I was a Postal Employee? Whats the matter you don't like your PUBLIC OPTION with your mail??? Did you know that it was a PUBLIC OPTION besides UPS and FEDEX???

I am not bothered at all if you want to defend yourself. All Americans should defend themselves, not just federal employees.

I asked about the postal worker job because you seem so angry and upset and many postal workers get that way.

One census worker was killed. That was terrible but really I highly doubt your life is in danger. People are sick of government workers of all types. I work for the school district. The state has passed a new tax on the people of Oregon to pay for school workers raises. The people of our state have taken pay cuts, hours cut and lost jobs all together but now are asked to pony up more money so that government workers wont go without pay raises. I dont blame the people for being sick and tired of paying taxes so I can get the day after Thanksgiving off paid. But I dont think people are going to go around shooting or stabbing us over it.

The one census worker is the only case I know of and though its a terrible case I just dont see your life in danger because of your job. But dang you seem so mad and bitter at anyone who is sick of paying taxes that you might get punched in the nose by someone who is tired of being over taxed so you can have a job. but I really wouldnt worry about getting shot and for sure not by Dr. Who !!

I'm just going to put this out there to those of you who are Liberals and Conservatives. Your ideology is whats destroying this County. You along with the Democrats and Republicans have screwed up time and time again and constantly lie to the American people and act like your their friends. Well your not and this American is tired of all of you. I'm independent, moderate and proud. I work hard everyday and go to school. I served this country for 11 years in the military and every time theirs an election I hold my breath from the stench of it and cast a vote for the same bureaucrats time and time again. This murder of this census worker really hits home especially if you work for the feds. It's like the American people could really give a damn about one of us getting killed and some of you on these boards hold a real hatred with your government and yet some of you act like it's not big deal if a Government employee gets killed. Some of you make lite of putting polls on social networking sites about assassinating the President of the United States like it is some kind of game. Let me all remind you about something that Thomas Jefferson once said "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine" If he was alive today, this great man would be called a Communist or a Fascist depending on which side you take. Even he would be a target of some terrorist whether they be here or abroad. I have said what I have said on these boards and I don't regret saying it. Never have and never will. I consider myself a True Patriot fighting against a two party system that has a choke hold on this country. I'm also fighting the lunatic's on the left and right who do nothing more then divide us each and everyday. Rush Limbaugh, Kieth Olberman, Sean Hannity, Micheal Moore etc etc all feed into your hate and you let them. I refuse too. I'm calling all of you out on the left and the right. Those Americans who really love this country are getting tired of if and they are getting tired of your ideologies getting in the way of moving America forward into the new century. As for our military men and woman overseas they see what is happening here in this country and it just amazes me that they have put up with it for this long. I know when I was in we often talked about what it would be like if the military ran it. But just that thought right scares the bejezus out of a lot of you. But you know whats funny none of you have a problem supporting them just as long as they don't come into your home because then they would just be another government entity that was trying to tell you what to do with your life. You can love your country and fear your government and that's fine. But right now your government fears you and your country will pay the price for it in the end.

I do not think a single person posting thought it was ok or right to kill that census worker. I think everyone agrees it was a terrible thing that happened.

You seem really upset about more than just this census worker who was killed. You seem upset that people are mad at and sick of the government. We should be mad at the government and sick of them also.

While the private sector shrinks, while people are getting pay freezes, reduction in hours, deduction in pay or being laid off all together, the government.... that never ending sea of waste keeps growing and demanding more and more. Hell its worse than if we had a king to support. And you seem to think we should just be ok with it. I am glad people are finally getting tired of it.

I have never understood why people in the private sector have put up with the public "servents" having better pay, better retirement, more sick days, more paid holidays than the private sector.. you know, the people who pay the bills...

And all this is done without reguard for the cost, a bottom line or productivity.

I hope the private sector revolts to the point government is forced to trim its fat and get rid of programs that are a waste of time and money. And I hope government workers some day become accountable for the money they spend/waste.

Mind you, none of the people I work with feel this way.. They all like having the tax payer as their sugar daddy and really hate it when I rock the boat.

Werbung:
I do not think a single person posting thought it was ok or right to kill that census worker. I think everyone agrees it was a terrible thing that happened.

You seem really upset about more than just this census worker who was killed. You seem upset that people are mad at and sick of the government. We should be mad at the government and sick of them also.

While the private sector shrinks, while people are getting pay freezes, reduction in hours, deduction in pay or being laid off all together, the government.... that never ending sea of waste keeps growing and demanding more and more. Hell its worse than if we had a king to support. And you seem to think we should just be ok with it. I am glad people are finally getting tired of it.

I have never understood why people in the private sector have put up with the public "servents" having better pay, better retirement, more sick days, more paid holidays than the private sector.. you know, the people who pay the bills...

And all this is done without reguard for the cost, a bottom line or productivity.

I hope the private sector revolts to the point government is forced to trim its fat and get rid of programs that are a waste of time and money. And I hope government workers some day become accountable for the money they spend/waste.

Mind you, none of the people I work with feel this way.. They all like having the tax payer as their sugar daddy and really hate it when I rock the boat.

They why are you working for a government entity? You make it sound like the private sector never trims fat which is a lie. I mean all those corporate fat cats get those bonuses and the like. Not to mention those who screwed over the financial sector still got their bonuses as well. But the private sector can do no wrong according to you. You say revolt against the government. I say revolt against the status quo and your party and your beliefs Pandora. I say revolt against those on the left and the right which your a part of and put people with similar beliefs on notice.

Back