Are insulting members names OK?

Interesting points you make. My one question is how can he not access his own land? That is quite strange.

Environmental laws. Some are passed in the name of the banana slug, some in the name of the snowy plover, some in the name of the spotted owl. There are people with land they can not build on or cut trees from.

How can they pass a law that you can not fly a kite on a public beach because of a bird? that alone is crazy, but they do it and they go futher by telling you what you can and cant do on your land.

If you own 1 or 25 acres and it is discoverd there is what they now call "wetlands" the govenrment will come in and they will tell you what you can and can not do with that property, usually the answer is you can not do anything. I know its a big problem in Oregon, and I have heard of other states having simular problems.

Werbung:
Obamanation- Beavers don't lower water levels, they raise them. and down stream the water continuesw to flow because it can't be contained by the beavers. Maybe you made up the whole story. Especially considering the beaver dam was on your property which would form containment sump from which to pump water. The reason I asked is because I was sort of worried about your story right from the start.

And the spotted owl story sounds fishy to me too. There are other reasons why lumber mills discontinued production. You're talking to someone right in the heart of lumber country lad.

Obamanation- Beavers don't lower water levels, they raise them. and down stream the water continuesw to flow because it can't be contained by the beavers. Maybe you made up the whole story. Especially considering the beaver dam was on your property which would form containment sump from which to pump water. The reason I asked is because I was sort of worried about your story right from the start.

And the spotted owl story sounds fishy to me too. There are other reasons why lumber mills discontinued production. You're talking to someone right in the heart of lumber country lad.

when the beaver made the dam the water behind it is high but the water level below it is lower, if the pipes that reach from the lower part are not as low as the water level you cant pump.

If you are in lumber I would think you have heard of the spotted owl, but it is possible it is an Oregon issue. Every ex mill worker here knows what they are. I still see bumper stickers that say I love spotted owls FRIED!

Everything that doesnt agree with you sounds fishy, Thankfully you are a Canadian and we dont have to worry about your vote or opinion in American things. Did you even attempt to look up spotted owls?

FEDERALLY LISTED, PROPOSED, CANDIDATE SPECIES
AND SPECIES OF CONCERN
UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE
WHICH MAY OCCUR WITHIN LANE COUNTY, OREGON

http://www.fws.gov/oregonfwo/Species/Lists/Documents/County/LANE COUNTY.pdf

If any of these plants or animals is found on your property the government has a right to tell you what you can and can not do to insure the safety of that plant/animal. I didn’t see the banana slug on the list, but I know it is one of the things protected in Lane County. If disturbing the area will hurt that particular plant/animal you can be told that you can not do anything on your property. If it is an owl that nests in old growth trees, you may not cut your trees, and the government will not reimburse you for the cost you are losing by not being able to log your timber. They do the proper work though to lower the property value since the land at that point becomes useless. So at least you are paying lower taxes on land you can not use.

Below link is a liberal group worried that if they allow timber logging it could hurt not only the spotted owl but the rivers. But everyone local knows something has to be done and we have only hurt since they stopped logging timber over the Spotted Owl.

http://www.oregonwild.org/about/pre...wl-recovery-strategy-could-harm-oregon-rivers

A google link of many different stories on the topic

http://www.google.com/search?num=10...species+act+hurt's+oregon+land+owners&spell=1

There is so much more than this above info for anyone who is seriously interested in knowing about the topic.

Indian names for salmon are different here on the lower B.C. coast so I don't recognize yours. When you refer to 'King' you must be referring to Chinook or locally known as spring salmon. The big ones anyway. I also enjoy smoked pinks because it's less oily.
Yes Chinook. I have come to learn the terms are used different down there as well. In Alaska, general uses break down like this, in terms of popular use.
Kings: Jack, Chinook, Winter Salmon The Yupik name doesnt translate well.
Dogs: Chum, Calico, Kaaviak.
Reds: Sockeye, Blue Back or Green head, suugipaq. Kokanee(which to Alaskans is generally referred to with the beer brand)
Silvers: Coho, Blackmouth, Yupik translation I cant spell.
Humpies: Pinks, Humpback, Cans.
In even numbered years in my area we get a small amount of Mikos which are a Dog and Humpy cross.

As for fish prep, I dont smoke pinks because they lack the oil that makes smoked Kings and Reds the best. We pressure cook humpies. Well we first generally avoid catching them in the first place because I generally have all the fish I need by the time they show up.

buffalo is not great meat in my opinion and wouldn't stack up against other wild game such as moose or elk. Moose or elk can be prepared in a gourmat fashion while buffalo has that hard fat which solidifies as soon as it cools. Venison is the same but at least venisone has a distinctive taste. Like I say, they give it away in Alberta and a roast I had in my freezer ended up freezer burned and I fed it to my dogs.
I enjoy Buff regardless, and know that it will be amazing in the crock pot, ground, and the tenderloin steaks will be awesome. In reality, I am looking for red meat variety. I get a moose a year, a handful of caribou, and thats it. I dont buy, or cant afford beef, and dont prefer it anyways. I buy chicken once a year generally for the 4th of July tradition I have going.
That's my opinion but I acknowledge it's a matter of taste. If you look up some info on buffalo in Alberta you will find that it was a mistake because people were just too used to good grain fed beef. Some of the best in the world next to and behind Kobe beef.
See that is the issue. Beef sold in Alaska comes from the pacific NW. But when it costs $5a pound for hamburger and its been frozen. Well I trust my own processing way more than any from a feed lot and handled by an underpaid grocery store clerk.

The other big thing about the Bison hunt is that literally a several thousand enter the permit lottery and I think 200 get drawn. Its among the most prized in Alaska. Also, it is the past push for the waterfowl leaving the North Slope on the way south. Im gonna pack the freezers this winter. Cant afford not to.

I nearly forgot,
For Obamanation, I thought you might like to know that I was given from a Oregonian friend of mine a box of Spotted Owl Helper. I still have it sitting on my shelf next to the Stud Deodorant. Can you send me a few of them so I can use up this stuff before it expires? ;)

I nearly forgot,
For Obamanation, I thought you might like to know that I was given from a Oregonian friend of mine a box of Spotted Owl Helper. I still have it sitting on my shelf next to the Stud Deodorant. Can you send me a few of them so I can use up this stuff before it expires? ;)

Spotten owl helper, that is so funny !!!

Bunz- In B.C. the early small feeder cohos are referred to as bluebacks sometimes. The local indians always prefer the dogs for smoking and they cold smoke it for days so it doesn't need refrigeration. That's the real purpose of smoking fish anyway. It can be reconstituted with water and then it resembles Alaskan black cod more than anything else. (What we refer to as Alaskan black cod) Delicious!

I'm beginning to think that there are many poor people who can't afford to buy beef in the US now. That makes me wonder how far your standard of living has declined. Maybe the reason why you don't prefer Sockeye over buffalo is because you get too much salmon.

when the beaver made the dam the water behind it is high but the water level below it is lower, if the pipes that reach from the lower part are not as low as the water level you cant pump.

If you are in lumber I would think you have heard of the spotted owl, but it is possible it is an Oregon issue. Every ex mill worker here knows what they are. I still see bumper stickers that say I love spotted owls FRIED!

Everything that doesnt agree with you sounds fishy, Thankfully you are a Canadian and we dont have to worry about your vote or opinion in American things. Did you even attempt to look up spotted owls?

If the beaver dam is on your property you should have pumped the water from behind the dam to the pipes and not taken a negative view of the whole thing. I hope you have done that by now. But also you aren't fooling me when you say the water level behind the dam is too low to pump. You can easily build a sump for pumping out of on your property and the river water will continue to flow at it's normal rate. Why would it not for christ sake? The beavers don't stop the river completely and the reservoir they create is not immediately created. I think you're not telling me a true story.

Yes, I know all about the spotted owl and I know all about the exaggerations made in the lumber industry becasue they wanted to continue to clearcut all old growth. I though everyone had mutured past that point of understanding that it wasn't the best thing to do. And yes, of course the spotted owl habitat was used by the enviromentalists as a tool.

You have a bad attitude toward nature and if that has caused you to lose your wheat crop then it is your own fault.
You should have looked upon the beavers as your friends and thanked them for creating a reservoir for you. It will serve you well in times of low water levels.

I'm beginning to think that there are many poor people who can't afford to buy beef in the US now. That makes me wonder how far your standard of living has declined. Maybe the reason why you don't prefer Sockeye over buffalo is because you get too much salmon.

Why would you think that? Beef is relatively cheap in the lower 48, at least, where it travels by rail and highway instead of by air. Chicken is even cheaper. The price of food may have come up a little due to the fuel cost, but it is still cheaper than it was a half century ago, relative to the value of the dollar.

We have the fattest poor people in the world here in the US.

Why would you think that? Beef is relatively cheap in the lower 48, at least, where it travels by rail and highway instead of by air. Chicken is even cheaper. The price of food may have come up a little due to the fuel cost, but it is still cheaper than it was a half century ago, relative to the value of the dollar.

We have the fattest poor people in the world here in the US.

I'm gaining that perception because I hear a lot of Americans whining and crying about how poor they are. The same was happening here until I picked up on it and that embarrassed those individuals enough to make them stop. But I really do get the impression that those Americans are quite unhappy with their lives. Maybe it's just that this forum has attracted to many poor people and too many whiners.

I'm gaining that perception because I hear a lot of Americans whining and crying about how poor they are. The same was happening here until I picked up on it and that embarrassed those individuals enough to make them stop. But I really do get the impression that those Americans are quite unhappy with their lives. Maybe it's just that this forum has attracted to many poor people and too many whiners.

I don't recall a lot of people crying about being poor on this forum. Do you have some examples?

If the beaver dam is on your property you should have pumped the water from behind the dam to the pipes and not taken a negative view of the whole thing. I hope you have done that by now. But also you aren't fooling me when you say the water level behind the dam is too low to pump. You can easily build a sump for pumping out of on your property and the river water will continue to flow at it's normal rate. Why would it not for christ sake? The beavers don't stop the river completely and the reservoir they create is not immediately created. I think you're not telling me a true story.

Yes, I know all about the spotted owl and I know all about the exaggerations made in the lumber industry becasue they wanted to continue to clearcut all old growth. I though everyone had mutured past that point of understanding that it wasn't the best thing to do. And yes, of course the spotted owl habitat was used by the enviromentalists as a tool.

You have a bad attitude toward nature and if that has caused you to lose your wheat crop then it is your own fault.
You should have looked upon the beavers as your friends and thanked them for creating a reservoir for you. It will serve you well in times of low water levels.

It was not my wheat it was my family's who live in Eastern Oregon and Many other family's who had farms along the Umatilla. You cant pump from the other side when the other side is 40 miles away. The land runs along the Umatilla. These are old farmers they are not companies. The tools they use today to farm are like the ones they always have, except maybe better tractors :)

You do not know me or anything about me. I love nature. But I love balance more. All things have a right to survive. The beaver, my family and the other familys that have farms that run along that river. Its not an issue today, they do what they have always done. It was only a problem with the idiots from Portland came to make an issue.

I think anyone who disagrees with you has a bad attitude and anyone who disagrees with you isnt telling the truth...... you are by far the strangest and rudest person I have met in the blogs, and I thank God you are a Canadian and not and American.

Werbung:
Oh I see now Obamanation, the beaver dam was not on your land after all now. And now you are saying that you can't pump water from the other side which is 40 miles away even thought the land is now on your family's property. And the reservoir created by the beavers is 40 miles away???

You would be best to just extract yourself from this mess now before it gets too embarrassing. Knowd I'm sayun?

Back