atmospheric reasoning

Werbung:
I've seen it red, slate gray, a rather strange green during a rather nasty tornado in november of 89, yellow, and varying colors thereof . However it's usually blue. I'll give ya that ;)

What did you bet? That if you said something stupid that you know this guy who will correct you?

Actually, the sky is no color at all. Any color is an illusion but if you want to believe it is blue..

What the hell are you talking about? Color is not an illusion, it's a sensory perception based on the wavelengths of a short band of 'visual' electromagnetic radiation.

As for the sky not having color, that's silly as hell. Here is an experiment. Take a digital camera outside, take a photo of the sky. Isolate the sky and do a palette check on the coloration, I assure you that the blue represented by the numbers are not illusory. some of you are such screwballs, That's a tired old "trick" question, the sky is perceived as blue and IS blue. I understand the "logic" behind the trick, but it's really a retarded assumption. Sky is an abstract noun, as it really has no substance, and is a location rather than actual object. Places cannot have colors of course, as is the inception of this annoying trick question. However we give substance to the sky as an abstract object and thus it can have a color. Taking a photograph of the sky shows many variations of the coloration. The argument is not whether it has color or not, but rather on the ability for a location to have coloration. The abstraction of this allows for it to. End of story.

The sky is not blue. Blue light has shorter wave lengths than the other primary colors, and so penetrates the atmosphere more easily than the longer wave lengths. Those shorter wave lengths of light are what makes the sky appear to be blue.

Is water blue? A pure lake looks blue, but take out a glass of water, and you'll see that it has no color. How about snow? Have you ever dug a tunnel in the white, white snow? If you have, then you know that the inside of the tunnel appears to be blue. That's because blue light has shorter wave lengths and so penetrates the snow better than the other wave lengths.

If you were in Seattle right now, you would agree that the sky is not blue. Look up, observe, and you will see that it is grey, just before that little drop of water hits you in the eye.

If you were in Seattle right now, you would agree that the sky is not blue. Look up, observe, and you will see that it is grey, just before that little drop of water hits you in the eye.

I wish I was in Seattle right now. I like rain and I dislike Massachusetts.

Anyway, I just looked out my window, upwards past the tree branches and the frolicking squirrels (yes...I have frolicking squirrels) and what'd I see? A whole lot of blue.

Werbung:
What the hell are you talking about? Color is not an illusion, it's a sensory perception based on the wavelengths of a short band of 'visual' electromagnetic radiation.

As for the sky not having color, that's silly as hell. Here is an experiment. Take a digital camera outside, take a photo of the sky. Isolate the sky and do a palette check on the coloration, I assure you that the blue represented by the numbers are not illusory. some of you are such screwballs, That's a tired old "trick" question, the sky is perceived as blue and IS blue. I understand the "logic" behind the trick, but it's really a retarded assumption. Sky is an abstract noun, as it really has no substance, and is a location rather than actual object. Places cannot have colors of course, as is the inception of this annoying trick question. However we give substance to the sky as an abstract object and thus it can have a color. Taking a photograph of the sky shows many variations of the coloration. The argument is not whether it has color or not, but rather on the ability for a location to have coloration. The abstraction of this allows for it to. End of story.

No trick at all

Just wanted at the time to prove what a Guy Pale is.......

I KNEW he would dispute it when i posted it .......

it was BAIT

and it worked

Back