Billboard shows Obama in diapers: "Change me, I stink"

Little-Acorn

Predictably, the people who didn't mind depicting George W. Bush as a monkey, or as Hitler, are outraged.

-----------------------------------

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Controversial-political-sign-raises-eyebrows-130727418.html

Anti-Obama sign in Uptown neighborhood draws controversy

Posted on September 28, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Updated today at 10:39 AM
Maya Rodriguez / Eyewitness News

NEW ORLEANS -- There are several political signs attracting all kinds of attention in one Uptown neighborhood.

On Wednesday, crowds gathered at the corner of Calhoun and Coralie streets, looking at several signs depicting President Barack Obama as either a dunce, a puppet or a crying baby in a diaper.

"It disrespects the nation -- and President Barack Obama represents our nation," said Skip Alexander, as he looked at one of the signs. "He represents everybody, not some people."

Dozens of protesters came by the house in the 1500 block of Calhoun throughout the day, demanding the sign come down.

"He wouldn't do that to [President] Bush, I'm sure. It's just insulting. It's insulting," said C.C. Campbell-Rock. "He's going to have to take them down."

"This is nothing put pure racism," said Raymond Rock. "This is a disgrace."

The home is owned by Timothy Reily, who declined to be interviewed about the signs. Former Mayor Ray Nagin showed up at the house and went inside to speak with Reily. He emerged later and would not comment on what they discussed.

Some neighbors tell Eyewitness News that Reily has been putting the signs up for months. Some of the protesters learned about the signs through a local radio station on Wednesday morning.

"He can put up a sign if he wants to. It doesn't bother me," said Harold Gagnet, a neighbor.

"I think it's fine. It's on his property," said Katherine deMontluzin. "He can say whatever he wants."

Attachments

• 9-28+obama+sign.jpg
    9-28+obama+sign.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 4
Werbung:
The left is all for free speech until it is something they don't like.

When a lefty protests govt policy, it's called "speaking truth to power".

When a righty protests govt policy, it's called "an angry racist mob".

So right.

And yet, many rank and file libs can't see the hypocrisy.

Werbung:
Back