BO still voting "present" on same sex marriage

dogtowner

Staff member
the position he knows he can't take

will the fringe be able to force him ? NC's new constitutional amendment is going to bring this into focus when he least needs it.

North Carolina is expected to pass a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage on Tuesday, putting the issue at the top of the political agenda in a battleground election state.

The vote is awkward for Barack Obama, who won North Carolina by the narrowest of margins in the 2008 presidential election and has avoided discussing the amendment during visits to the state aimed at securing victory in November.

But on the eve of the vote, Joe Biden, the vice-president, and Arne Duncan, Mr Obama’s education secretary, both said they support marriage equality. The president, in contrast, says he wants greater rights for gay couples but has stopped short of endorsing same-sex marriage.

“In supporting marriage equality, he communicates to all students that they deserve an equal shot at the American dream of love, family and equality,” Joe Solmonese, head of the Human Rights Campaign gay-rights group, said on Monday after Mr Duncan told MSNBC, the broadcaster, that gay marriage should be legal.

“There’s no doubt in my mind that the president shares these values and that’s why it’s time for him to speak out in favour of marriage equality as well,” Mr Solmonese said.

Werbung:
This isn't a subject that I would think he would shy away from. All I can think of is when Calif. voters twice rejected same sex marriage, the black community overwhelmingly voted against it.

This isn't a subject that I would think he would shy away from. All I can think of is when Calif. voters twice rejected same sex marriage, the black community overwhelmingly voted against it.

Muslims have a problem with it as do Catholics and more than a few unions. If you have to appeal nationwide there is no good way to deal with it for a dem.

I favor legalizing same-sex marriages, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages…

Barack Obama, February 1996

What I believe is that marriage is between a man and a woman…

Barack Obama, October 2004

At a certain point, I've just concluded that for me personally, it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married…

Barack Obama, May 2012

President Obama’s “evolving” stand on the issue of same sex marriage, an evolution that led him from his original position favoring same sex marriage, to one opposing it and then back to his original support for this new “right” is a classic example of liberal “say whatever it takes to get elected” hypocrisy.

That liberals will say whatever it takes to get elected and Obama will pander to liberal homosexual pressure groups is no surprise, nor dangerous in and of itself.

What is dangerous is Obama’s penchant for finding new “rights” that have no basis in the Constitution, while actively attacking the rights clearly articulated in the Constitution and Bill of Rights

He was for it before he was against it before he was for it. The man has no credibility and no moral code of his own.

IMHO, Liberals have tried to use gay comedy shows to soften up the public to get them to giggle at it. It is astonishing that anyone let alone someone in the white house would advocate gay marriage when in fact the federal law is explicit on the matter and the only states that have gay marriage are those that had a liberal court such as California 9th circuit and the judge that threw out the California amendment preserving marriage as a status for men and women couples only was a flaming queen.

Every time this abysmal foul abomination has been voted upon by the people it is turned down in big numbers. Yet once again liberals and the state run media tell you that Americans are in favor of this. It is a total fabrication and lie. And Americans are vehemently opposed to gays raising children.

Obama has cut his skinny neck on this one and the ground swell is building.

Romney my not be much of a candidate but he certainly doesn't seem like a polarizing figure; obama will atone for his insane gaming of the public.

IMHO, Liberals have tried to use gay comedy shows to soften up the public to get them to giggle at it. It is astonishing that anyone let alone someone in the white house would advocate gay marriage when in fact the federal law is explicit on the matter and the only states that have gay marriage are those that had a liberal court such as California 9th circuit and the judge that threw out the California amendment preserving marriage as a status for men and women couples only was a flaming queen.

Every time this abysmal foul abomination has been voted upon by the people it is turned down in big numbers. Yet once again liberals and the state run media tell you that Americans are in favor of this. It is a total fabrication and lie. And Americans are vehemently opposed to gays raising children.

Obama has cut his skinny neck on this one and the ground swell is building.

Romney my not be much of a candidate but he certainly doesn't seem like a polarizing figure; obama will atone for his insane gaming of the public.

seems the 3rd world is pretty nonplussed about this.

Werbung:
Back