Bribe companies to hire ? Seriously ?

dogtowner

Staff member
read

The president seems to fail to understand the nature of business. Not surprising as he was never a businessman but you would think somebody in the administration woudl have set hi straight.

Bribing companies to hire will not spur hiring.

You put on staff because you have the demand to justify it.

This is pretty simple.

Obama wants to offer tax credits to companies that hire new workers, a plan that drew a cool reception from Congress last month despite the nation's double-digit unemployment rate.

With polls showing that jobs are Americans' top priority, Obama cited the retooled plan in his State of the Union address, and he will add details later Friday when he visits a small business and speaks to House Republicans meeting in Baltimore.

Obama's proposal would give companies a $5,000 tax credit for each net new worker they hire in 2010. Businesses that increase wages or hours for their existing workers in 2010 would be reimbursed for the extra Social Security payroll taxes they would pay.

If you want to help, settle people's minds about regulation, taxation and the like. Discard cap-n-tax. It will do nothing but subtract a trillion a year from the economy. Discard health ins reform. It will only raise costs and taxes everywhere. Make the Bush tax cuts permanent, all we need are tax increases as flimsy as our economy is now.

Until companies and the public nkow what the deal will be they will do nothing that they do not need to do.

What good is 5k if you are going to tax it back for 10K !

Werbung:
No Obama is not a businessman like er Bush for instance.

How many companies did he screw up after daddy put him on their board? Mind you he probably didn't have time for irritations like work what with all that alcohol and cocaine he kept guzzling.

I suppose I am being unfair though. I mean, businessman George did handle the economy well didn't he?

Yep, Obama just doesn't look good against the alcoholic, cocaine addled, half witted, war mongering, economy screwing Bush.

No Obama is not a businessman like er Bush for instance.

How many companies did he screw up after daddy put him on their board? Mind you he probably didn't have time for irritations like work what with all that alcohol and cocaine he kept guzzling.

I suppose I am being unfair though. I mean, businessman George did handle the economy well didn't he?

Yep, Obama just doesn't look good against the alcoholic, cocaine addled, half witted, war mongering, economy screwing Bush.

You are aware that Bush is no longer president, right ?

Any thoughts on the proposal Obama is tossing out there ?

Bush is an example of a businessman president and so is fair to mention in the context of your post.

If he is doing something to help unemployed people get work then good luck to him

But don't castigate him for not having been a businessman when the last 'businessman' in the white house was the worst president in history

If he is doing something to help unemployed people get work then good luck to him

But don't castigate him for not having been a businessman when the last 'businessman' in the white house was the worst president in history

That's the point, he is not doing something to help stimulate job growth.

Again...

Considering the state of what he inherited he is not doing too badly.

Th republicans got the US and the world into deep doo doo.

It is not going to get fixed over night

Considering the state of what he inherited he is not doing too badly.

Th republicans got the US and the world into deep doo doo.

It is not going to get fixed over night

If he continues doing things that can not help he only extends the misery.

He took a bad thing and made it worse.

That's the point, he is not doing something to help stimulate job growth.

Again...

Yes because we all know , companies hiring unemployed people and getting tax breaks....all that does for the econ is...

Lower Unemployment
Put more money in the hands of those workers to spend
Saves money for companies ..

realy...how does Jobs and money help the Econ?

Yes because we all know , companies hiring unemployed people and getting tax breaks....all that does for the econ is...

Lower Unemployment
Put more money in the hands of those workers to spend
Saves money for companies ..

realy...how does Jobs and money help the Econ?
If a company can only be profitable with 10 employees, and they would go into the red by hiring an 11th, then how is offering them a $3,000 tax break going to justify another employee? It's not.

A full time employee is going to cost at least $30,000, you get a whopping $3,000 tax break, that's a loss of $27,000. Since you think it's such a great deal, go out and hire a few dozen full time workers at $30,000 a person and start your very own recovery effort.

Werbung:
Again we are sorry the Econ he took over was more screwed then thought at first...next time....
Obama during the election: "This is the worst economy since the great depression!"

Obama after winning: "The economy is even worse than we thought!"

Obama before the Stealfromus Package: "If we pass this bill, unemployment won't go above 8%!"

Unemployment after the Stealfromus Package: Over 10%

Obama in every speech: "Any bad news is Bush's fault, any good news is all me!"

Back