Britain's Blair says he is resigning (AP)

Tony Blair said Thursday he would step down as prime minister on June 27, closing a decade of power in which he fostered peace in Northern Ireland and followed the United States to a war in Iraq that cost him much of his popularity.

Read full article here.

Werbung:
Tony Blair said Thursday he would step down as prime minister on June 27, closing a decade of power in which he fostered peace in Northern Ireland and followed the United States to a war in Iraq that cost him much of his popularity.

Read full article here.

Poor bastard. I would not want to be in charge of the UK. Ever.

The food is just that bad.

What do you mean the food? We barely have a ****ing food culture. Fish and chips on a friday night on the slosh is about it, and curry which we nicked off the Indians.

Blairs a fcuktard to be honest. His party were supposed to be the left wing workers party and have come out further right than the conservative opposition.

Fostered peace in Northern Island is all very well and good, but thats about it for a legacy riddled with other cock ups. The war on Iraq and lets not forget Afghanistan were absoloute disasters. He's ****ed up pensions, the NHS is ****, and the whole country has gone into a health and safety beaucratic dump, in which a policemans frontline duties include paperwork (explaining a huge increase in front line work this year), and teachers wont take kids on school trips because they will get sued the **** out of for a grazed knee.

Hes supposed to be left wing, but since he came into power hes tried to enforce ID cards, and generally turn the whole place into big brother while licking george bushs hairy arse.

I'm a glutton and while in London I discovered that most of the food really is boiled. There were a few pizza places and some of the Irish pubs had decent food, but...well, like I said, I'm a glutton.

So you came to London to eat pizza and drink in an Irish pub... something you could do all over the world...

Should have gone to a decent restaurant in the morning and got a proper Full English breakfast, gone to a fish and chip shop/kebab van in the day and gone to the pub in the evening for:

a bag of nobbys nuts
a pack of smokey bacon crisps
a pack of 19 fags out the machine
an hour on the fruit machine

try it sometime. its a wholly unfulfilling experience.

So you came to London to eat pizza and drink in an Irish pub... something you could do all over the world...
No no no...I came to London for the history. I had to eat while I was there though and my observance was that most English food is terrible.

Should have gone to a decent restaurant in the morning and got a proper Full English breakfast, gone to a fish and chip shop/kebab van in the day and gone to the pub in the evening for:
I did sample a Full English breakfast actually. That was okay. Coffee was strong as hell.

As for the pub...I was there for the food. I don't drink.

Did you try some tea? Earl Grey doesn't count, its for old men.

Actually, I like Early Grey...

Besides, tea isn't food. And anyway, I'm from Massachusetts...right near Boston, actually, so I don't drink tea. I'd rather throw it in a harbor.

I have nothing but respect for Tony Blair and wish him all the best. It takes guts to do what you think is right over testing the ever changing winds of the fickle public simply to appear spiffy in the polls. Too many politicians want to kiss your @ss for the polls then f*** your @ss when it comes time to step up. A major reason I've drifted away from the left.

Fair winds and following seas Mr Blair.

-Castle

Your basically saying well done Blair for following Bush and going into something headfirst. Why don't you praise every stupid person who doesn't look before they leap.

Your basically saying well done Blair for following Bush and going into something headfirst. Why don't you praise every stupid person who doesn't look before they leap.

You may want to consider taking some of your own advice.
Are you saying that Blair was incapable of making his own judgement calls? So was Blair a good little leftist until he lost his way and parted from your opinions of Iraq?......and how dare he agree even for a moment with Bush. Right?

I praise Blair for having a backbone while constantly absorbing the same venom you offer him here. Whether you and/or I agree with his decisions is irrelavant to his character.

-Castle

Werbung:
When you vote someone into power you don't vote them in because they've got balls you vote them in because you want their policies and good judgement on situations. Blair has cocked up time and time again, you don't see the front page headlines we get that aren't about Iraq.

His government has OVERPAID people benefits of £6 billion (almost $12billion) to people. Now people need benefits for loads of reasons, and I'm not one for taking them away like some people on this board, but overpaying by that much.

This is a government that sells its soldiers stories to sleazy tabloids, a government that has banned piggy banks in adverts so it wont offend Muslims. This is a country with a terrible leader in charge of a ballsack of a government

Back