Bush Authorizes Full Access to U.S. Roads for Even More

michaelr

In a stealthy maneuver, the Bush administration has boosted the threat to the public by increasing the number of Mexico-based trucking firms allowed access to all U.S. roads as part of the reckless North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) trucking “pilot program.” The Department of Transportation recently revealed an increase in the number of NAFTA trucks permitted to all U.S. highways – now 10 carriers, sending as many as 55 trucks throughout the country.

The last time the Bush administration made a public announcement about the number of Mexico-based carriers allowed to participate in the NAFTA trucks pilot program, there were only three carriers.

It has long been the tradition by this administration to bury bad news like this by sending out press releases on Friday afternoon, but in this case, the Department of Transportation (DOT) reached a new low: not sending any press release at all, but simply updating a Web page.

Why don't these people call it what it is. This is no pilot program this is the beginning of the end to US truck driving jobs!

Werbung:
The Bushistas had better not try to imply that the Republican Party is somehow the party of border security. They might have been, but then they ran Bush and the darned fools in this country voted for him.

I've got to wonder whether Jorge MC* Bush is really a Republican. I think he is a Leftist in sheeps clothing.

*MC = MasterCard

Bushistas?

Congrats, you've defined neocons.

You know, like the supporters of Chavez are Chavistas, the supporters of Juan Peron were Peronistas?

Yes, I might have defined neocon, which is to say that new conservatives are the same as old liberals, only with the twist that they like to mess around in the affairs of foreign nations.

You know, like the supporters of Chavez are Chavistas, the supporters of Juan Peron were Peronistas?

Honestly, the only time I've seen that style used was when Invest was calling us Darwinistas.

Yes, I might have defined neocon, which is to say that new conservatives are the same as old liberals, only with the twist that they like to mess around in the affairs of foreign nations.

That's about the thrust of it.

Werbung:
So, what part about the Bush administration is actually conservative, besides the support for the idea that government should pay religious organizations? He's not liberal either--he's just plain messed up.

Back