Bush had more Czars than Obama

Popeye

Hey, I've never heard Beck and the Republicans complain about Bush's czars...I wonder why?

In fact, I'd wager that the vast majority of the Beck worshipers/teabaggers didn't even know that Bush had czars at all, let alone more than Obama.

wikiczar.png

http://www.americablog.com/2009/09/wh-spokesman-robert-gibbs-responds-to.html

Werbung:
Hey, I've never heard Beck and the Republicans complain about Bush's czars...I wonder why?

In fact, I'd wager that the vast majority of the Beck worshipers/teabaggers didn't even know that Bush had czars at all, let alone more than Obama.

wikiczar.png

I figured the issue was more about the fact that one of those czars was a self-described communist, and another thinks that trees should have standing in court to sue people.

Every White House will want to bring more power into the control of the President, that is not new, I think the problem for Obama's czars came with the lack of vetting.

wikiczar.png

The number of the czars is only one factor. When the person is a wacko that is also a factor. And on the other side when the czar is only a temporary position that is a factor too. Many of Bush's czars held temporary positions that ended when the crisis ended. For example the Katrina Czar was only needed for a short period of time and was no longer needed after a while. Same with the Word Trade Center Czar. Bush did not have so many czars all at one time they were spread out over 8 years. Right now P. Obama has more czars all at once - he could prove his naysayers wrong by eliminating the positions in short time.

I figured the issue was more about the fact that one of those czars was a self-described communist, and another thinks that trees should have standing in court to sue people.

Every White House will want to bring more power into the control of the President, that is not new, I think the problem for Obama's czars came with the lack of vetting.

Whatever, but Beck has been opposing Obama's czars on the grounds that the whole concept is unconstitutional as much as anything else...whipping his idiotic followers into a frenzy, by way of a chalkboard, over something they know nothing about.

Heck, many of the teabaggers interviewed last Saturday had no idea that Republican presidents appointed czars as well.

Whatever, but Beck has been opposing Obama's czars on the grounds that the whole concept is unconstitutional as much as anything else...whipping his idiotic followers into a frenzy, by way of a chalkboard, over something they know nothing about.

Heck, many of the teabaggers interviewed last Saturday had no idea that Republican presidents appointed czars as well.

Well, Beck can do whatever he wants I guess, I only rarely see parts of his show, but people ought to look into things for themselves I can agree with you there.

Beck's problem with the CZARS are the one's that are not vetted and have very radical views.. such as Dr. Who pointed out.
These CZARS are the one's Obama listens to and helps him shape polcy. So why would we want to make sure they have no radical affiliations and views.

Unless of course we want to encourage Obama along with his already radical agenda

Yes I am sure its all about the vetting that they realy care about...Bull

You know what they care about? attacking Obama...for anything under the sun, thats about it. They could care less who they where, and how many, so long as they think they can get cheap points off yelling about it.

wikiczar.png

I never heard Beck say that President Bush had more Czars than obama but he did say that all presidents had them and some more than others.

Beck did say obama has more Czars than any other president so if that is not true then you got Glenn Beck in a lie, but it is untrue that he never said other presidents had them.

I knew they did but I never thought too much about it, no Czar that I knew of had crazy ideas or had criminal pasts, if I knew of Czars like that... I would have had a problem.

Beck also pointed out something that I had not known in the past. Roosevelt called his Czars dictators. I thought that was interesting.

Geez Popeye, even your own Robert "sheets" Byrd wrote a letter to obama complaining about his Czars and how it is compromising the constitution. So its not just a republican thing.

I never heard Beck say that President Bush had more Czars than obama but he did say that all presidents had them and some more than others.

Beck did say obama has more Czars than any other president so if that is not true then you got Glenn Beck in a lie, but it is untrue that he never said other presidents had them.

I knew they did but I never thought too much about it, no Czar that I knew of had crazy ideas or had criminal pasts, if I knew of Czars like that... I would have had a problem.

Beck also pointed out something that I had not known in the past. Roosevelt called his Czars dictators. I thought that was interesting.

I think Reagan first started using the term "Czars" Anyway, some of Bush's Czars included:

Faith-Based Czar
Terrorism Czar
Sudan Czar
WMD Policy Czar
Border Czar
California water Czar
Drug Czar
Intelligence Czar
Regulatory Czar
Science Czar
Tarp Czar
Weapons Czar
Aids Czar
Cyber Security Czar
Bird Flu Czar
Health IT Czar
Katrina Czar
Manufacturing Czar
Domestic Policy Czar
War Czar
Copywright Czar
Abstinence Czar
Mine Safety Czar
Latin American Czar
WTO Health Czar
Corruption Czar

What in the heck is an Abstinence Czar? Anyway, I wonder if I should email Glenn Beck, he doesn't seem to know anything about Bush's Czars.

Bush appointed CZARS and then un-appointed them when he didn't need them. Some were still working when Obama took over, many though, had done the things that needed to be done and left.

Remember, Bush was in office 8 yrs, He may have had appointed more czars over the 8 yr period, but at one time, he never had more czars in positions than Obama.

Obama has only been in office 8 mos and has hired 18. These seem to be perm positions from what I can tell... Maybe not.

I think Reagan first started using the term "Czars" Anyway, some of Bush's Czars included:

Faith-Based Czar
Terrorism Czar
Sudan Czar
WMD Policy Czar
Border Czar
California water Czar
Drug Czar
Intelligence Czar
Regulatory Czar
Science Czar
Tarp Czar
Weapons Czar
Aids Czar
Cyber Security Czar
Bird Flu Czar
Health IT Czar
Katrina Czar
Manufacturing Czar
Domestic Policy Czar
War Czar
Copywright Czar
Abstinence Czar
Mine Safety Czar
Latin American Czar
WTO Health Czar
Corruption Czar

What in the heck is an Abstinence Czar? Anyway, I wonder if I should email Glenn Beck, he doesn't seem to know anything about Bush's Czars.

You should :)

The idea of a Czar bugs me but mostly (assuming they are not some freak communist or crazy loon who wants to give trees rights exc.)

is the cost. Why pay for a terrorism Czar when you have the head of homeland security. Make them do it.

a lot of good a katrina Czar did, those people are STILL on the government dole.

Just normal postions where you are vetted by congress would be good IMO Czars should end.

but its not fair to say obama cant have Czars when all the other presidents did, just cant we keep it at non crazy nut jobs Czars?

by the way, is this all of Bush's Czars?

wikipedia agrees with Glenn Beck

Not only does obama have more Czars (in his first 200 days) than President George W. Bush. obama has more Czars (in his first 200 days) than any other president before him.

List of U.S. executive branch czars
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
In the United States, "czar" is an informal, media-created term used to refer to certain high-level executive branch officials. There has never been any U.S. government office with the title "czar", but various office holders have sometimes been refered to by the nickname "czar" rather than their actual title. The "czars" have various titles (such as advisor, director, administrator, or diplomatic envoy), and they advise, direct or oversee operations on a given topic or coordinate policies between different departments on a given topic.

The earliest known use of the term for U.S. government officials was in the administration of Franklin Roosevelt (1933-1945), during which twelve positions were so described. The term was revived, mostly by the press, to describe officials in the Nixon and Ford administrations. Subsequently, until the George W. Bush administration (2001-2009), the term was little used.

Contents
1 By administration
2 List of executive branch czars
3 See also
4 References

By administration
The list is somewhat subjective, since in many cases individucals or offices might be refered to by the nickname "czar" by some publication or an other official, but not other publications or officials would avoid using that nickname.

Summary table - Number of czars per administration President's name In office Number of
"czar" jobs Number of
appointees

President - Years - # of "czar" jobs #of appointees

Franklin Roosevelt 1933–1945 12 19

Harry Truman 1945–1953 6 6

Dwight Eisenhower 1953–1961 1 1

John F. Kennedy 1961-1963 ? ?

Lyndon Johnson 1963–1969 3 3

Richard Nixon 1969–1974 3 5

Gerald Ford 1974–1977 1 1

Jimmy Carter 1977–1981 2 3

Ronald Reagan 1981–1989 1 1

George H. W. Bush 1989–1993 2 3

Bill Clinton 1993–2001 7 10

George W. Bush 2001–2009 31 46

Barack Obama 2009– 32 35

Now it does say that President Bush had 7 more appointees and I am not sure what that means. Appointed then declined or ?

But it took him 8 years to even be in the running with obama at 200 days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._executive_branch_czars

There does seem to be some justification for the notion that they are unconstitutional - I don't know since I have not looked into it.

But in looking around on the net I have been able to find many many references to Beck saying that they are communist but I have failed to find Beck saying it is unconstitutional. Do you have a link?

There does seem to be some justification for the notion that they are unconstitutional - I don't know since I have not looked into it.

But in looking around on the net I have been able to find many many references to Beck saying that they are communist but I have failed to find Beck saying it is unconstitutional. Do you have a link?

I have not heard Glenn Beck say that but he did quote Robert Byrd who did say that. Robert Byrd wrote obama a letter telling him how he felt about it.

So Glenn Beck could have said it as a quote from Robert Byrd

Werbung:
I have not heard Glenn Beck say that but he did quote Robert Byrd who did say that. Robert Byrd wrote obama a letter telling him how he felt about it.

So Glenn Beck could have said it as a quote from Robert Byrd

That might be. I found this before:

"Last February, Senator Robert Byrd, to his credit, sent the usurper a letter admonishing him for all these czars. Why? Byrd patiently explained to the hot shot lawyer in the White HOuse that they violated "both the constitutional system of checks and balances and the constitutional separation of powers, and is a clear attempt to evade congressional oversight." I can find no reference (on the Internet) that Byrd raised an objection to Papa's Bush's unconstitutional appointment of Bill Bennett. However, since Obama has "appointed" more czars than any past ruler of Russia, I guess Byrd feels the senate is being pushed aside. "

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd465.htm

Back