Bush pardons 29 criminals, but not Libby

PLC1

Staff member
Bush Pardons 29 Convicts, but Not Libby

WASHINGTON (Dec. 12) -- President Bush granted pardons Tuesday to carjackers, drug dealers, a moonshiner and a violator of election laws, but not to I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, his vice president's former top aide who was convicted in the case of the leaked identity of a CIA operative.

In all, Bush pardoned 29 convicts and reduced the prison sentence of one more in the end-of-the-year presidential tradition.

He pardoned carjackers, drug dealers, and others, but not Rove's fall guy. He has also failed to pardon these guys.

WASHINGTON, Jan. 19 — President Bush waded this week into the furor surrounding two former border patrol agents who were each convicted and sentenced to more than a decade in prison in the shooting of a suspected Mexican drug dealer in Texas.

I wonder if Compean and Ramos have been forgotten? Maybe shooting an illegal alien who is smuggling dope into the US is a terrible crime that can never be forgiven.

And, of course, once you're a fall guy for Bush Inc., you can't be pardoned without political fallout.

I wonder just how he decides who to pardon? Maybe there is a dart board in the oval office with the names of convicts on it.

Werbung:
Back