Bush

i think it was Ben Franklin who said something like, "When Fascism comes to America it will be drapped in the flag and carrying the cross"

There is a new type of Fascism in the world

Yeah, because "fascism" existed in Ben Franklin's time. Really. So did cars.

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
--Whatever! Clinton had us in the black.

Never happened. You merely heard the claim made so many times it only seems as though it must be true. And there is the glaring fact that a President cannot collect a cent of tax nor appropriate a single penny to be spent.

Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual
09/30/2000 5,674,178,209,886.86
09/30/1999 5,656,270,901,615.43
09/30/1998 5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 4,692,749,910,013.32
09/30/1993 4,411,488,883,139.38
09/30/1992 4,064,620,655,521.66
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt.htm

"I'm not sure where this figure comes from, but I'd be intrigued to find out."
--More Americans (both unemployed and EMPLOYED) have fallen below the poverty line under Bush's watch (5 million people). There has never been such an increase in poverty since the Depression. This comes from the Dept. of Labor, bureau of stastics.

Ohhh stop it. It didnt come from the Dept. of Labor, bureau of stastics. poverty statistics come from the census bureau. And just taking a glance. In 1979 we had
25,345,000 people in poverty. In 1983 we had 35,266,000. Thats about TWICE your figure of 5 million and it was LONG after the depression. Your entire list is full of made up **** that has nothing to do with reality. Your claims that they are true are based upon nothing more than your patheticaly desparate need to believe they are true.

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/histpov/hstpov7.html

"Then when Kerry had his physical, they found SHRAPNEL IN HIS LEG!

Ohhhhh nonsense. Kerry and his Drs knew all along that he still had a piece of shrapnel in his leg. They had just never revealed this fact in a press conference before. MARK

--Whatever! Clinton had us in the black.
This pertains more to the deficit than the debt. And "whatever" is hardly a very scholarly term.

--Considering the capabilities (and SPENDING) FEMA, it WAS the worst disaster response in history. It's called holding the govt. accountable, not turning it into a political vehicle (you wish).
They did a **** job. They didn't do the "worst job in the history of our nation." My statement holds them accountable for their actions; the sentence in quotation marks above is grandiose. Even "one of the worst" would have been acceptable; however, the statement was "worst" and that goes over the top.

--More Americans (both unemployed and EMPLOYED) have fallen below the poverty line under Bush's watch (5 million people). There has never been such an increase in poverty since the Depression. This comes from the Dept. of Labor, bureau of stastics. Another interesting statistic for you: The Land of the Free has a higher percentage of its population behind bars than ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.
Interesting. I had time for only a cursory glance at the Dept. of Labor's website, could you post a link to this particular report? Thanks.

--B.S.!!! That's a typical weak response with no merrit. Bush and his cronnies are crooks--it's baltantly obvious.
So once someone has committed a crime, they are no longer useful to society? Tell me, how do you feel about the death penalty?

--You don't remember that???! Also, how he and Cheney wnet into hiding like p***ies?
Of course he hid. If he'd tried not to he'd have had an entire Secret Service detail ganging up on him, stuffing him into the nearest hole in the ground.

--There's a laundry list of Bush appointees who were/are invested in Halliburton, Brown and Root, etc.--the corps that get all the competition-free contracts. Plus, what about Cheney's stake in Halliburton? Yes, Cheney still has stake in Halliburton. Or, what about Rumsfeld's stake in the pharma sector? Now we're plagued with those horrible pharma commercials that Bush allowed to be put on air. You're totally in denial!
I've heard about Cheney's stake in Halliburton and it is within the legal limits for a politician; he used to be much more heavily involved in the company but he lessened his holdings in order to be eligible for election. If you have a problem with Mr. Cheney's stake in Halliburton, take it up with US law - not him. As for the other things...this is the first I've heard of them. Is this what makes me "in denial?"

--Ok, fair enough...well second time in history though! The obvious point is not that it's the first time in history, it's that they have to stay in power to avoid prosecution.
Seems to me that a lot of them are getting into trouble anyway. The Watergate scandal taught us that politicians can still be held accountable for their actions, despite all those little allowances built into the law. Note that those aren't to prevent politicians from prosecution - just to keep them from being taken to court and distracted from running the government while in office.

--Yeah, I remember those Swift Boat Idiots who claimed Kerry never saw action and that he was a traitor because he spoke out against the Vietnam War (hello...free speech...look how Vietnam turned out). Then when Kerry had his physical, they found SHRAPNEL IN HIS LEG! Kerry was more of a patriot than any of those idiots could ever hope to be. He fought in 'Nam and then took on the Senate because they were mistaken. Anyone who labels someone like Kerry a traitor has completely missed the whole point of what this country is all about and should be deported to Crawford, TX.

The Swift Boat Veterans were full of horse **** - more than, but not by much, those who refer to President Bush as a traitor for ducking active service in Vietnam by using connections. You might just as easily call Bill Clinton a traitor - he didn't even serve in the military, instead running off to England to avoid the draft.

By the way, that's when Clinton didn't inhale. In England. He went to England to not quite smoke Marijuana and conveniently skip out on the Vietnam War.

"Don't get me wrong. Katrina was a horrific cataclysm and the response to it was far from satisfactory; however, calling it the "worse disaster response" in history is a cheap way of turning a disaster into a political vehicle."
--Considering the capabilities (and SPENDING) FEMA, it WAS the worst disaster response in history. It's called holding the govt. accountable, not turning it into a political vehicle (you wish).

The fact is that New Orleans was treated like a third world genocide that wasn't Americas responsibility, so they jusrt left it alone. Leaving New Orleans to rot in your own country is almost as horrific as leaving a genocide to continue in another country. I am ashamed of my government for not stopping the genocides in Africa, and you should be ashamed of yours too. We should all be ashamed of our media, for not highlighting it day in day out. And you should be ashamed at your government for leaving a city in ruin because it was inhabited by poor black people with no real influence on the rich, white politics that control many developed nations.

"This pertains more to the deficit than the debt. And "whatever" is hardly a very scholarly term."
WHATEVER!

"So once someone has committed a crime, they are no longer useful to society? Tell me, how do you feel about the death penalty?"
--Not at all. Once someone has been convicted of a real crime (not traffic violations, etc.), he/she should NOT be able to work in the White House.

"The Swift Boat Veterans were full of horse **** - more than, but not by much, those who refer to President Bush as a traitor for ducking active service in Vietnam by using connections. You might just as easily call Bill Clinton a traitor - he didn't even serve in the military, instead running off to England to avoid the draft."
--Clinton was attending college. If he were here at the time, he'd be exempted too. Besides, Clinton didn't pretend to be some kind of macho blockhead, put on a flight suit, land on an aircraft carrier, and declare the end of a war that really had just begun.

"By the way, that's when Clinton didn't inhale. In England. He went to England to not quite smoke Marijuana and conveniently skip out on the Vietnam War."
--For your info.: Bush was actually convicted of cocaine possession. A little skeleton Bush had hid when he was screwing-up my state as governor. Clinton was never convicted. Sure he probably toked it up in England, but it's nothing more than speculation when you say that he smoked pot. And, it's nothing more than stupidity to compare smoking pot in college to a full-blown coke habit that resulted in an arrest and conviction.

"Simply not true. MARK
Total debt
05/15/2007 8,803,253,918,300.67"
--Add the devaluation of the dollar into the equation.

Never happened. You merely heard the claim made so many times it only seems as though it must be true. And there is the glaring fact that a President cannot collect a cent of tax nor appropriate a single penny to be spent.

Quote:

Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual
09/30/1999 5,656,270,901,615.43
09/30/1998 5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 4,692,749,910,013.32
09/30/1993 4,411,488,883,139.38
09/30/1992 4,064,620,655,521.66
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...t/histdebt.htm"
--Whoops! I was referring to the defict. My fault! I didn't write the list. I simply found it, saw that a great deal of it was true, and posted it for discussion.

Ohhh stop it. It didnt come from the Dept. of Labor, bureau of stastics. poverty statistics come from the census bureau. And just taking a glance. In 1979 we had
25,345,000 people in poverty. In 1983 we had 35,266,000. Thats about TWICE your figure of 5 million and it was LONG after the depression. Your entire list is full of made up **** that has nothing to do with reality. Your claims that they are true are based upon nothing more than your patheticaly desparate need to believe they are true."
--That's 5 million MORE people falling below the poverty line!

"Ohhhhh nonsense. Kerry and his Drs knew all along that he still had a piece of shrapnel in his leg. They had just never revealed this fact in a press conference before. MARK"
--Duh! My point was that KERRY SAW A LOT OF ACTION IN VIETNAM. Stop being so desperate to find technical flaws and talk about the relevant facts!

"--For your info.: Bush was actually convicted of cocaine possession. A little skeleton Bush had hid when he was screwing-up my state as governor.

More made up bull****. At least your consistant. MARK

WHATEVER!
Yeah, okay. Fine.

--Not at all. Once someone has been convicted of a real crime (not traffic violations, etc.), he/she should NOT be able to work in the White House.
So in other words..."Hey you, Mr. Criminal. I believe in rehabilitating you, but I don't think it'll work - even when it does."

--Clinton was attending college. If he were here at the time, he'd be exempted too. Besides, Clinton didn't pretend to be some kind of macho blockhead, put on a flight suit, land on an aircraft carrier, and declare the end of a war that really had just begun.
Mr. Clinton was in grad school; he would not have been exempt.

As for whether or not he was a blockhead...well, let's just say that most critics don't focus on his head. Well, not the one on his neck, anyway. ;)

--For your info.: Bush was actually convicted of cocaine possession. A little skeleton Bush had hid when he was screwing-up my state as governor. Clinton was never convicted. Sure he probably toked it up in England, but it's nothing more than speculation when you say that he smoked pot. And, it's nothing more than stupidity to compare smoking pot in college to a full-blown coke habit that resulted in an arrest and conviction.

There isn't actually any proof that Bush was convicted of cocaine possession; it is an unsubstantiated allegation. Unless its status as such has changed.

This laundry list was taken from a pretty 'colorful' website (www.perrylogan.org). However, pretty much all of it is true. What do you think?

First (and last) Neocon President
FIRSTS de la Bouche!
Signal Accomplishments of The Worst President Ever™

First President to violate Department of Defense regulations prohibiting the use of uniformed miliary as props.

Bush is the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

First cokehead in the White House

First National Guard deserter

Lost more jobs in his first year than any President in history

Broke more international treaties than any in history

First President to close down the Post Office for three successive days (and if that isn't impeachable, what is?)

Lowest job growth in American history

More debt than all previous President's combined (WHOA!!!)

First administration to out a CIA agent for partisan reasons

Largest worldwide protests against the Iraq War

Presided over the worst terror attack in world history

First President since the Civil War to lose an American city

First President thought by many leading historians to be The Worst President Ever™.

Spying on his people more than any administration since Stalin

First President to use a wire ("Dick? Dick!? I can't hear you!")

First President on antidepressants (& God know what else)

More vacation time than any other (which is a blessing for the country, really)

1st case of espionage in the White House

1st security breach of White House press room

Biggest intelligence failure in American history!

Worst response ever by a federal disaster agency

Highest incidents of suspected election fraud

Biggest deficit ever

1st fake and/or paid "journalists" in WH press corps.

1st institutional use of torture.

Highest disparity of wealth in US history.

Largest increase in poverty since the depression.

1st loss of entire major US city.

First President to lose jobs on a monthly basis in 60 years.

First President in ten years under whom median household income fell.

Seven of the worst bankruptcies in U.S. history under Bush.

First time in ten years incomes fell. U.S. Census Bureau

first President since Herbert Hoover to preside over a net job loss.

Has shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in history.

Bush's tenure set an economic record for the most personal bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

Bush cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other president in US history.

Bush set the all-time record for any president presiding during the most real estate foreclosures in a 12-month period.

Bush set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any other president in US history. (here)

Bush appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history. (here)

Bush presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in any country in the history of the world.

Bush is the all-time U.S. (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

Bush entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years every single economic category headed straight down.

First adminstration not to allow caskets of fallen soldiers to be viewed by the general public

For the first time in history the Department of Justice has barred its employees from holding its annual gay-pride event, DOJ Pride.

Bush has spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

Bush presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

Bush dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

Bush is the first president in US history to compel the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.

Bush refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abides by the Geneva Convention.

Bush set the record for the fewest press conferences of any president since the advent of television.

Members of Bush's cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history.

largest exodus of career experts in every branch of the administration due to crony/idealogue appointments, from CIA to DOJ to EPA to NWS.

In his first two years in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.

Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

Members of Bush Administration are the richest administration in history.

First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in U.S. history.

Cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any president in U.S. history.

Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases.

First president in U.S. history to attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.

First U.S. president in history to have a majority of people in Europe (over70%) view his presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

The biggest security failure in the history of the United States (still uninvestigated)

The first President to spend over 20% of his time on vacation or at Camp David.

The first U.S. President to invade another country.

First President to have 40% approval ratings less than a year in to their second term.

For the first time in 40 years Foreign applications to U.S. grad schools declined 28 percent last year.

He has set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest him in public venues (15 million people according to New York Times), shattering the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind.

First President in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in U.S. history. Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.

Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.

Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in U.S. history.

Presided over the biggest energy crises in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

Presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have. Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

The most secretive and un-accountable of any administration in U.S. history.

Presided over the biggest corporate stock market frauds of any market in any country in the history of the world.

Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.

Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in U.S. history.

First president in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the human rights commission.

Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in U.S. history.

First president in U.S. history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. elections).

All-time U.S. (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

First president in U.S. history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.

First president to run and hide when the U.S. came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1).

First U.S. president to establish a secret shadow government.

First U.S. president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the U.S. than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated U.S. law by not selling huge investments in corporations that bid for government contracts.

In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the U.S. has ever been since the civil war.

For the first time in our history, a significant number of administration officials and supporters, including perhaps the President himself, must keep themselves and their party in power to avoid criminal indictment, conviction, and imprisonment.

Caused the infant mortality rate to go up for the first time in 40 years

Most corrupt adminstration ever.

Most hated President ever--the low poll numbers you see are heavily rigged in his favor.

Ok, this is a load of bull****. I'm just gonna go ahead and say that. Most of these are completely opinion based and most of those that aren't are just ridiculous.

You blame Bush for the infant mortality rate?

"Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in U.S. history."

Um yea, you forgot Andrew Jackson who deliberately disobeyed the ruling of the Supreme Court.

Really it just seems like you found anything that had changed for the worse and blamed it on Bush which is ignorant and in poor taste.

Werbung:
The fact is that New Orleans was treated like a third world genocide that wasn't Americas responsibility, so they jusrt left it alone. Leaving New Orleans to rot in your own country is almost as horrific as leaving a genocide to continue in another country. I am ashamed of my government for not stopping the genocides in Africa, and you should be ashamed of yours too. We should all be ashamed of our media, for not highlighting it day in day out. And you should be ashamed at your government for leaving a city in ruin because it was inhabited by poor black people with no real influence on the rich, white politics that control many developed nations.

Ok, so what you see from across the Atlantic about New Orleans doesn't even begin to describe what happened. I was in Mississippi when Katrina came through. I saw what was done firsthand. I heard Mississippi's Governor in a news conference 2 days after the hurricane saying that the fact that the state had a lot of our National Guard deployed to Iraq was not a factor in response time. But of course the national media didn't air that. The didn't show Governor Barbour praising President Bush for immediately making relief funds available, and personally promising to provide the state with anything needed to deal with the crisis. They went with Ray Nagin screaming like a moron and blaming George Bush for all of it. The fact of the matter is that about 90% of the roads were completely impassable for about 100 miles north of the Gulf Coast. I don't care how many people you have working on it, that kind of debris is going to take days to clear before you even get close to the real destruction. There were countless aid efforts going at the time to get food and water to the coast. As a result, casualties were minimal. As for the reconstruction, you cannot expect to see immediate results. I have personally seen the billions of dollars provided by the government at work and businesses are returning and bringing jobs. Tourism is almost as good as it was before the storm. As a former resident of Mississippi, I am satisfied with what the government has done about Katrina.

Back