Bush's comments on post presidency

Hard Driver

There has been press today about Bush saying that after he leaves the White House he is going to make a ton of money on the speech circuit and pad the coffers...

I agree with much of the commentary that says this is wrong for a president to say, while he is sending others to their deaths in a war.

What I find more telling is the extra bit about when he ran into former President Clinton in the UN. Bush says, "Six years form now, your not going to see me hanging out in the lobby of the UN".

Personally I find this quote more revealing. Not only is Bush a money grubbing pig for drooling over the future profits he will make from being a "war president", but he actually has the audacity to criticize a former president for working for the benefit of the world at the UN. Bush's utter selfishness is depicted so strongly by condemnation of anyone hanging out in the UN.

Werbung:
There has been press today about Bush saying that after he leaves the White House he is going to make a ton of money on the speech circuit and pad the coffers...

I agree with much of the commentary that says this is wrong for a president to say, while he is sending others to their deaths in a war.

What I find more telling is the extra bit about when he ran into former President Clinton in the UN. Bush says, "Six years form now, your not going to see me hanging out in the lobby of the UN".

Personally I find this quote more revealing. Not only is Bush a money grubbing pig for drooling over the future profits he will make from being a "war president", but he actually has the audacity to criticize a former president for working for the benefit of the world at the UN. Bush's utter selfishness is depicted so strongly by condemnation of anyone hanging out in the UN.

I'd like to see the source for this if you wouldn't mind please

Bingo.

Every president goes on the speaking circuit after he retires. Clinton has made millions doing it, but even less talented speakers like Bush Sr. and Carter have made a comfortable living that way.

Werbung:
I think it's about time for my traditional "so what?" post, so...

So what? Why does this matter?

Character....

While I have no problem with former presidents making money on the speech circuit, I do find it revealing that 2 years before leaving office, when this interview was given, the president not only said he would be giving speeches, but was discussing his fees and how much money he would make. That starts to highlight a character flaw, greed.

Then, like I said, the more revealing comment was his distain for Clinton "hanging out in the UN lobby" 6 years after he left office. Like working for improving the world after leaving office is shameful... This reveals Bush's selfishness.

I think it is funny how Clinton is always assinated for his "character" because he was a womanizer. Yet, when it comes to Bush's character flaws, "so what".

I personally think Clinton was a very good president, but I am disappointed with his womanizing and think he is morally flawed. I think he would have gone down in history as a great president except he will always have an asterik for character flaws. I think Bush is a lousy president, and also has his character flaws of being selfish, closed minded, and greedy.

Back