Business of your own?

Werbung:
Who here owns a business?

If so, what kind of a business?

I used to own my own business. A custom jewelry business grew out of a an interest in gemstones and metalsmithing. I was quite successful at it for more than a decade and finally grew tired of the work schedule. Most of the year it was 7am to 7pm six days a week and from thanksgiving till about valentines day it was 6am to 8pm seven days a week. I sold 85% of the business to my senior employees and retain 15% as a source of investment income.

I went back to the laboratory.

I used to own my own business. A custom jewelry business grew out of a an interest in gemstones and metalsmithing. I was quite successful at it for more than a decade and finally grew tired of the work schedule. Most of the year it was 7am to 7pm six days a week and from thanksgiving till about valentines day it was 6am to 8pm seven days a week. I sold 85% of the business to my senior employees and retain 15% as a source of investment income.

I went back to the laboratory.

Wow, that's impressive.

What do you mean you went back to the laboratory?

Wow, that's impressive.

What do you mean you went back to the laboratory?

I wouldn't call it impressive. It might have been had I set out to become a somewhat famous jewelry designer but falling into it like I did takes some of the impressiveness out of it.

I hold degrees in geology and biochemistry. While the jewelry business satisfied most of my artistic leanings, I find lab work more satisfying in the long run.

I own a small Telecommunications company.I sell,Program and install, Business telephone systems,PBX systems,Voice Mail systems, call accounting systems,Overhead paging systems, as well as Residential High end, whole house solutions for all audio, video, and data.I also install high end commercial computer wiring backbones, from the desktop to the data rack,

I have been in the telecommunications business installing and servicing all of the above as well as Nurse Call systems, security systems, and custom home theatre applications for over 25 yrs now. basically anything with wires or even now wireless applications and i have had a hand at it at least once...

I also do electrical work and am a licensed Electrician .althoug i mainly do small jobs and gravy work as i no longer am young enough to keep up with the residential Electricians, and i have found there is as much, maybe more profit from the low voltage side of it all. I am a 20+ year Union Journeyman electrician. trained in everything from commercial, to low voltage communications.....

On an interesting sidenote i have afriend in California who has access to some mighty nice Turquoise and gemstones from western mines .She also designs and makes jewelry. I recently have begun to make Native american jewelry and native American Items working with silver ,turquoise etc.

what a small small world, people with like interests do indeed end up in the same circles. Interesting Huh palerider? I have been fascinated with gems for a long time and the native american style of jewlery lends itself to natural gems wonderfully it is relaxing for me to play with this as im not in it as you were but who knows? one day? its much easier than the work i do now....

But i do hear its a 24/7 proposition....which i dont have now...

Are their Legit Online Businessess

I am trying to start my own business but I feel like everything on the web is a rip.
They want you to buy these books and packages on your credit card. Once you sign up they will bill you monthly and you never see a profit on anything.

I am trying to start my own business but I feel like everything on the web is a rip.
They want you to buy these books and packages on your credit card. Once you sign up they will bill you monthly and you never see a profit on anything.

Successful small businesses (or large ones) come out of your head, not the internet. Those folks who are trying to sell you a business on the internet are in the business of selling books to fatten their own bank accounts, not yours.

Successful small businesses (or large ones) come out of your head, not the internet. Those folks who are trying to sell you a business on the internet are in the business of selling books to fatten their own bank accounts, not yours.

he is right

Werbung:
I used to run and co-own a business. I was in a partnership with my old school chum Jim Morrissey until the business started taking a downhill turn which was mostly his own damn fault. We did very well and it doubled under my involvement. Right before I left, we were about to open another route. We only hired Americans (WASPS and Western Catholics) and continually grew.

Back