Insourcing: What does it really cost?

last_song

For the past year, there has been in place, an insourcing directive set forth by President Obama. Monday, Aug. 9, 2010, Defense Secretary Gates stated that the insourcing efforts is not meeting its goal: to save the government money. The directive is still in place as well as cutting the funding for private sector contractors by 10% each year for the next three years. My question is: does anyone know how to estimate how many minority owned and small businesses will go out of business as a result of this insourcing directive? Or better yet....who has even heard of this directive?!

Werbung:
For the past year, there has been in place, an insourcing directive set forth by President Obama. Monday, Aug. 9, 2010, Defense Secretary Gates stated that the insourcing efforts is not meeting its goal: to save the government money. The directive is still in place as well as cutting the funding for private sector contractors by 10% each year for the next three years. My question is: does anyone know how to estimate how many minority owned and small businesses will go out of business as a result of this insourcing directive? Or better yet....who has even heard of this directive?!

Can you post an article on the topic? I must admit I am not familiar with insourcing.

Werbung:
Back