Can Delegates Dictate Who is Vice_Pres?

Here We Go

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! :eek:
If delegates can dictate to a Presidential candidate who will be their running mate, something is terribly wrong. Can they force Obama to take Hillary against his wishes? Frankly, I do not think Obama will accept that. That's ridiculous!! So, before someone can become President they are already being told what to do by the government? If this is true, the citizens of America have lost again. Really, if this is how our political process really is, I do not want any part of it. Why bother.

Werbung:
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! :eek:
If delegates can dictate to a Presidential candidate who will be their running mate, something is terribly wrong. Can they force Obama to take Hillary against his wishes? Frankly, I do not think Obama will accept that. That's ridiculous!! So, before someone can become President they are already being told what to do by the government? If this is true, the citizens of America have lost again. Really, if this is how our political process really is, I do not want any part of it. Why bother.

The sky isnt falling quite yet. None of your concerns are true. Obama can choose for his VP anyone who is constitutionally qualified.

No one can force anyone to do anything (and DNC delegates are not agents of the government -- well, lots of them are, but they are not agents of the government by virtue of their being DNC delegates). What they can say is they will only vote for Obama if he agrees to nominate Hillary as his VP.

Although frankly, nothing would surprise me in the absurdly byzantine system under which the Dems run their primaries.

The question isn't Can, but Should delegates controll the VP of a race, that, If The Demecratic party thought it neccessary to put Hillary and Oboma on the ticket, then it would happen, That is the power of the National Delegation of the Demecratic Party. Though I don't think that this will happen as it would make a huge devied in the party, and would not be benificial to eather Obama, or Hillary, if they Chose to run for any other office.

The Dems realy need to scrap this system at the end, it smells of back rooms and cigars.....

but no they cant pick the VP, but they can have strong influence. But if i was a Dem SD and wanted to pick a VP , it would not be her anyway. I would pick Biden, Strong Labor support , White male Support, and softens attacks on lack of experience. And someone who has pull on the other side of the fence as well.

The Dems realy need to scrap this system at the end, it smells of back rooms and cigars.....

The real irony is that they instituted the superdelegate system to prevent the nomination of someone like Barack Obama.

What they (and the Republicans) need to scrap are the caucuses. I thought we resolved the whole secret-ballot issue long ago, and caucuses are a slap in the face to that.

Werbung:
The problem is that the American people are not happy with any candidate, and they are choosing what they believe is the lesser of three evils, there isn't a truly good candidate, Obama's to liberal, McCain to much like Bush, Hillary is to much like Bill, there hasn't been a good first party candidate that would truly help America, we need some one who isn't like the rest, and we just don't have it,

anyways in a National Assembly of Super Delegates, They can force Obama to take Hillary, though it would drastically hurt each of their causes.

Back