Chat room?

Werbung:
It's a great idea! :p

I am thinking of implementing one once we get more members. I just don't think that we have enough members to make the chatroom interesting. I could be wrong though.

Good idea, and I think you should set up 'live debate times' so people know what time to go on when other people will be on. As long as its not 3 in the morning GMT!

NO you have enough members here for a chat
its a great feature real time is sometimes far better than back and forth

thanks for considering this

yeah flashchat, its like five bucks for the script and works great. It even incorporates right into your existing VBulletin database.

yeah flashchat, its like five bucks for the script and works great. It even incorporates right into your existing VBulletin database.

Sound like their salesman!

Schedule times daily for live discussions if you don't think we have enough members.

Sound like their salesman!

Schedule times daily for live discussions if you don't think we have enough members.

haha..nah, I've just implemented it on another message board, been using it for over a year now. and it works well.

Somewhat resource intensive though. But you get what you pay for. can't beat five bucks.

I also suggested a chat room to the admin but he said we can't really have it until we get more members and move to a dedicated server. As of now we are not really big enough so we use share hosting which is probably not good enough for the chat (as Fonz has pointed out, chat rooms tend to be very resource intensive).

Sorry guys, it looks like we will have to wait just a tad bit more for the chat room =( .

Don't worry 9sublime, I will make your wishes come true, but all with due time. Have faith and patience, faith and patience.

Werbung:
Uhm... just use IRC, I'm sure there are tons of free IRC webjava applets, use dalnet or one of the non-anarchiac irc systems (Efnet would be my choice, but it has no chanserv/nickserv for registering channels etc.) Best of all? It's free and you can idle in there all day long...I'm on 2 servers right now already, whats one more ;)...plus flash chat sucks cos it you can't use it from mobile devices usually, however most mobile devices with the ability to access the internet have an irc client availble =) not that anyone here would care but me...but just the same. Plus, since this is all free you have nothing to lose =), as well you can decommission it if you ever decide you need more control over the chat and wish to make it site centric.

Back