Christian America

Hang on

To have a hope of getting elected to president of the US you have to at least pretend that you are a Christian

But if you are saying that despite what it wants to think the US is in fact not a Christian country you are right

I'm not sure your fellow republicans are going to thank you for this rare moment of clarity

they have read the Constitution, they know.

Werbung:
You need to define terms

In some respects, most notably those of the old testament, the US is very christian with all that killing and racism etc

In terms of the teachings of Jesus Christ it is woeful, often acting in the opposite way to Jesus' teachings

Hang on

To have a hope of getting elected to president of the US you have to at least pretend that you are a Christian

I don't think so. If a Jewish candidate were to run, he'd have as good of a chance as anyone else. In fact, give me a Jewish candidate who has a rational and workable plan to get this nation back on track financially, to end illegal immigration, to deal with the nutters in the Mid East without getting us into yet another war, and I'll vote for him/her in a heartbeat.

Just look at the retardlican nomination race

A bunch of evolution denying flat earth religious fundamentalist mentalists

What is the point?

You don't seem to read them

That is why i don't usually bother

Well that and the fact that most of what I write is either logically obvious or well known to well read people

Oops, there I go again

And before you start, my post above was slightly tongue in cheek. I haven't heard them say the earth is flat.

Yet

Unfortunately, there are millions of Christians in America who are appallingly ignorant, stupid, narrow-minded,
intolerant and self-righteous people . They think that THEY have a monopoly on vitue and morality and
claim to know exactly what God wants them to do and what God wants ALL people to do .
And if you don't hold their narow and rigid beliefs, you can't possibly be a good person and are doomed to eternal hellfire,
even if you are good person .
They worship the Bible, an ancient book of myths,legends, allegories and questionable recountings of ancient middle east
history written thousands of years ago in a time when mankind was ruled by ignorance and blind superstition and science as
we know it did not exist, except among the Greeks .
They unquestionably and unthinkingly accept whatever this ancient book says , and blindly accept what they are told to believe it says.
The Old Testament was written during the Bronze Age by primitive Semitic tribesmen who knew absolutely nothing of science .
T hese people actually believe that the world was literally created in one week by God, in a garden of Eden which never existed,
6,000 years ago, and that Adam and Eve, two mythical people, a talking snake ,Noah and his ark actually existed .
Despite the fact that the ancient Sumerians already had an advanced civilization 6,000 years ago. Genesis must have come
as a big surprise to them !
They also believe that God somehow chose a young girl in ancient Palestine 2,000 years gao out of the blue and impregnated her
with his"son" in order to "redeem" mankind, at least those who believe all this nonsense. And that he had hi s "son" brutally
exectuted by crucifixion , and that he literally rose from the dead three days later, ascending to heaven .
They believe that Jesus actually died to pay for all the sins of mankind , and that all those who do not "accept" Jesus as their personal savior are doomed to eternal hellfire, even if they have been good people, and that Mahatma Gandhi is in hell now merely because he happened to be a Hindu and not a Bible-believing born again Christian.
Even worse, they believe that even if you have been a terrible person, evil,cruel,greedy, unscrupulous, power-humgry ,ruthless,selfish,
sexually licentious etc, you can enjoy the eternal bliss of heaven if you "repent" at the last minute and accept Jesus as your "savior. "
while someone who was not a Christian and has been a kind, generous and virtuous person is still doomed to eternal hellfire .
These Christians do not like homosexuals at all. Not the least bit. Why ? Because an ancient book supposedly contains passages condemning homoseuxality and homosexuals. Is this at all rational ? And this Bible has turned them into a bunch of self-righteous busybodies who
are obsessed with what other people do in private, despte the fact that this is absolutely none of their business .
They are also obsessed with what heterosexuals do in private, and want the government to make laws which would persecute people if what they do in private offends them .
These are the very same people who are calling the loudest for "freedom and liberty " to be "restored" to America,
and demand "limoited " government . And they use the U.S. constitution as an excuse to justify their prejudices, biases, and even bigotry,
claiming that they know exactly what the founding fathers wanted for America and that those individuals had the very same religious beliefs as theirs, which is patently untrue .
Is it "limited " government when those in power have unlimited power to pry into people's bedrooms and to persecute people
for what they do in proivate ? With freedom like this, who needs tyranny ?

I don't think so. If a Jewish candidate were to run, he'd have as good of a chance as anyone else. In fact, give me a Jewish candidate who has a rational and workable plan to get this nation back on track financially, to end illegal immigration, to deal with the nutters in the Mid East without getting us into yet another war, and I'll vote for him/her in a heartbeat.
This is simply not true religion can put a lag on a campaign. You not only have to be christian you have have to be the right kind of Christian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8_5hww4HNDQ

Recent stats in post above. There is some other superfluous information in the video as well but you need only the stats.

Unfortunately, there are millions of Christians in America who are appallingly ignorant, stupid, narrow-minded,
intolerant and self-righteous people . They think that THEY have a monopoly on vitue and morality and
claim to know exactly what God wants them to do and what God wants ALL people to do .
And if you don't hold their narow and rigid beliefs, you can't possibly be a good person and are doomed to eternal hellfire,
even if you are good person .
They worship the Bible, an ancient book of myths,legends, allegories and questionable recountings of ancient middle east
history written thousands of years ago in a time when mankind was ruled by ignorance and blind superstition and science as
we know it did not exist, except among the Greeks .
They unquestionably and unthinkingly accept whatever this ancient book says , and blindly accept what they are told to believe it says.
The Old Testament was written during the Bronze Age by primitive Semitic tribesmen who knew absolutely nothing of science .
T hese people actually believe that the world was literally created in one week by God, in a garden of Eden which never existed,
6,000 years ago, and that Adam and Eve, two mythical people, a talking snake ,Noah and his ark actually existed .
Despite the fact that the ancient Sumerians already had an advanced civilization 6,000 years ago. Genesis must have come
as a big surprise to them !
They also believe that God somehow chose a young girl in ancient Palestine 2,000 years gao out of the blue and impregnated her
with his"son" in order to "redeem" mankind, at least those who believe all this nonsense. And that he had hi s "son" brutally
exectuted by crucifixion , and that he literally rose from the dead three days later, ascending to heaven .
They believe that Jesus actually died to pay for all the sins of mankind , and that all those who do not "accept" Jesus as their personal savior are doomed to eternal hellfire, even if they have been good people, and that Mahatma Gandhi is in hell now merely because he happened to be a Hindu and not a Bible-believing born again Christian.
Even worse, they believe that even if you have been a terrible person, evil,cruel,greedy, unscrupulous, power-humgry ,ruthless,selfish,
sexually licentious etc, you can enjoy the eternal bliss of heaven if you "repent" at the last minute and accept Jesus as your "savior. "
while someone who was not a Christian and has been a kind, generous and virtuous person is still doomed to eternal hellfire .
These Christians do not like homosexuals at all. Not the least bit. Why ? Because an ancient book supposedly contains passages condemning homoseuxality and homosexuals. Is this at all rational ? And this Bible has turned them into a bunch of self-righteous busybodies who
are obsessed with what other people do in private, despte the fact that this is absolutely none of their business .
They are also obsessed with what heterosexuals do in private, and want the government to make laws which would persecute people if what they do in private offends them .
These are the very same people who are calling the loudest for "freedom and liberty " to be "restored" to America,
and demand "limoited " government . And they use the U.S. constitution as an excuse to justify their prejudices, biases, and even bigotry,
claiming that they know exactly what the founding fathers wanted for America and that those individuals had the very same religious beliefs as theirs, which is patently untrue .
Is it "limited " government when those in power have unlimited power to pry into people's bedrooms and to persecute people
for what they do in proivate ? With freedom like this, who needs tyranny ?
From a post I made on ragingbull... Christophobia: The irrational fear and often violent reaction of a person against those who have given their hearts to Jesus Christ, trusting entirely on Him for the cleansing of sin and reconciliation to the Father in heaven. Yep, Christophobia. Good one, huh?
Unfortunately, there are millions of Christophobes that can be identified by their undisguised hatred and disdain of true, Bible believing Christians. They are repulsed at a knee jerk, visceral level at the gentleness, purity and unnaturally loving nature of the real Christian and feel the need to deride and mock their lifestyle and values.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m talking about the genuine Christians around the world who, more and more, are few and far between. Not the ‘purpose driven life’ or the ‘God wants you to be prosperous and rich’ or the ‘all faiths lead to God’ mega church group. You know the players I’m talking about; the well dressed, hanging around the coffee bar between Sunday services, gossiping about who is sleeping with whom and where on earth Sister So-and-so got that awful outfit, pseudo-Christians. The ones who act pious on Sunday and make sure everyone knows how much they gave to the building fund this week, but then act like hell Monday through Saturday.
No, those folks actually get along just fine in their everyday lives because they are living just like everyone else. Real Christians are the oddballs who refuse to gossip, steal office supplies, use clean, intelligent language and go home to their families every evening instead of hitting the bars with their co-workers. They’re the strange ones who actually seem to care and offer their unselfish assistance when you are having a crisis or who listen empathetically to your broken heart.
Recently, I’ve noticed a very weird dynamic developing in the media by liberals. Christianity is being looked down on more and more. I’ve even heard them being labeled as ‘terrorists’, especially if they support Israel. Black is white and up is now down! Puleeze!
Now, heaven help you if you dare correctly identify as muslim those who carry out suicide bombings against innocent civilians or who kidnap and behead on YouTube some poor schlub who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, all for their ‘god’ allah.
Yesseree Bob, those violent, mass murdering Christians are out of control and want to take over every aspect of your lives! Run while you can! You never know when one of those crazy people will jump on you and hold a gun to your head if you don’t convert to their religion. Geesh, maybe you and 3000 other people will be blown to smithereens one beautiful morning just because you don’t believe like they do. And later that day on the news, maybe you’ll see them dancing and celebrating your death and suffering in the parking lots of their churches.
I am outraged that there are Christophobes roaming our streets. Maybe I’ll hold a protest and block traffic and throw garbage all over the place and hold up signs with meaningless blather and make inane statements to reporters and refuse to shower for three weeks and…and…well, you get the idea. Or maybe I’ll simply pray for Almighty God to open their eyes to their lost and hopeless existence and their great need for Him. Wow. How threatening.
I have every idea some fool will write a lame comment citing the Crusades, abortion bombings, hypocritical evangelists or even the Westboro ‘Baptist’ Church inbred freaks. Don’t even go there. I write this with a heart that is weary of being mocked, misunderstood and lumped in with those who use the precious name of Jesus to justify their selfish goals and agendas and who wouldn’t recognize the Son of God if he were standing in front of them. If what I’ve said offends you, welcome to the club.
I can only pray the life I live and the way I treat others inspires Christophobia in the people I meet who have no use for God. What a great honor that would be!

Werbung:
Sorry, but you're just setting up a lot of straw men here. I don't "hate" Christians, and certainly don't want to interfere in any way with their religious freedom. I hate their narrow-mindedness,intolerance,self-righteousness and ignorance. The evangelical Christians who are so homophobic and hold these irrational religious beliefs.
No, these Christians aren't violent like the most fanatical Muslim extremist terrorists. But let's face it; if they got their way , homosexuals in America would definitley lose civil rights , and non-evangelical Christians would be second-class citizens. America would NOT be a free place at all. it would be a theocracy .
I'm not anti-christian; I'm anti-theocracy, or anything which brings America closer to it. I have no problem with Christians who keep their religion to themselves and live and let live, and don't try to interfere with the rights of other people and impose their religious dogma on others.
America is now a very religiously diverse nation, more diverse than the founding fathers could ever have imagined. In addition to Christians of all different denominations, there are millions of Jews,Muslims, Hindus,Buddhists, and many other faiths, as well as millions of atheists and agnostics? What about THEIR rights? There are now more atheists in America than there were people a tthe time of of our founding as a nation .
I have no problem with Christians who are sane,rational and tolerant people. But unfortunately, there don't seem to be very many of them left in America. Myself, I'm a non-observant, secular Jew, but not an atheist. America is a "Christian" nation only in the sense that the majority of Americans happen to be Christian. We must preserve religious freedom for all non-christians. As well as freedom FROM religion for those who happen to be atheists and agnostics. If we are not careful, Christian religious extremists in America will get too much power and the power to influence the government to make unjust and repressive laws which would infringe upon th e rights of non-christians.
If I do dislike SOME Christians, it's not because they are Christians, but because they are appallingly nasty and intolerant people who want to impose their rigid and twisted moral standards on the rest of America.
Peoiple have the right ot believe whatever they want. They can believe that the moon is made of green cheese if they want or that the earth is dupported by a giant turtle if they choose to. They cna believe in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy if they want to. ut they have absolutley no right to impose their beliefs on others . The founding fathers would agree with me about this wholeheartedly .

Back