Clinton's Accomplishments???

You're right berreal. Recruiting wasn't very ****ing high on September 11, 2001. We should've continued the Clinton policy of ignoring Islamic terrorism instead of confronting them where they reside.

And I knew someone was going to turn this thread into something about Bush. There are plenty of other threads for you to go spew your idiotic drivel about "yee-haw" and President Bush, berreal. This thread concerns President Clinton and my mentioning of Clinton's refusal of OBL was a response to Bunz who argued that the Clinton presidency did not have any major flaws.

Werbung:
On another thread, a couple of clintonites have put forward the following list as "accomplishments" of bill clinton.

I asked these clintonites specifically what clinton did to accomplish these things beyond simply being in office and more or less staying out of the economy's way and letting it be. I got vague references to the budget plan of 93 which failed to produce its stated goals....

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Last edited:
On another thread, a couple of clintonites have put forward the following list as "accomplishments" of bill clinton.

Economy: the Strongest Economy in a Generation
Longest Economic Expansion in U.S. History
More Than 22 Million New Jobs
Fastest and Longest Real Wage Growth in Over Three Decades
Household Income Breaks $40,000 for First Time in History
Unemployment is the Lowest in Over Three Decades
Highest Homeownership Rate in History
Largest One-Year Drop in Child Poverty in More than Three Decades
Crime and Drugs: Lowest Crime Rates in 25 Years
Lowest Crime Rates in a Generation
Lowest Percentage of Americans on Welfare in 35 Years as More Recipients Go to Work
Teen Births Down to the Lowest Rate on Record

I asked these clintonites specifically what clinton did to accomplish these things beyond simply being in office and more or less staying out of the economy's way and letting it be. I got vague references to the budget plan of 93 which
failed to produce its stated goals, but surely they aren't claiming that the failure of his plan resulted in the economy he is claiming credit for.
hearty-laugh[1].gif

It's always amusing.....turning-on today's political-rookies to some actual History!!!
"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Clinton's Accomplishments???​

Economy: the Strongest Economy in a Generation
Longest Economic Expansion in U.S. History
More Than 22 Million New Jobs
Fastest and Longest Real Wage Growth in Over Three Decades
Household Income Breaks $40,000 for First Time in History
Unemployment is the Lowest in Over Three Decades
Highest Homeownership Rate in History
Largest One-Year Drop in Child Poverty in More than Three Decades
Crime and Drugs: Lowest Crime Rates in 25 Years
Lowest Crime Rates in a Generation
Lowest Percentage of Americans on Welfare in 35 Years as More Recipients Go to Work
Teen Births Down to the Lowest Rate on Record

I asked these clintonites specifically what clinton did to accomplish these things beyond simply being in office and more or less staying out of the economy's way and letting it be. I got vague references to the budget plan of 93 which failed to produce its stated goals, but surely they aren't claiming that the failure of his plan resulted in the economy he is claiming credit for. At this point, the two clintonites are chattering back and forth like a couple of magpies in what, I suppose, amounts to a humorous manner in their little corner of the universe.

Since those who made the claim that clinton "accomplished" the items on the list above can't answer the question, I will put it to the larger board.

Exactly what did he (clinton) do to "accomplish" the items on the list?
Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down.

This is another of
conservativeshidden agendas: they keep promising workers that if we cut taxes on the wealthy and the economy grows, their wages will go up. But when wages even start to go up—for whatever reason—conservatives do everything they can to slow down the economy. They never openly tell the public about the second part of their strategy when they discuss taxes, economic growth and wages.

Werbung:
The deficit will never bankrupt America, but the debt can and will if lawmakers do not stop giving away money like candy to favored misguided interests.

Back