College scholarship offered for white male students only

Little-Acorn

I've wondered for a while how various outfits get away with offering scholarships to only black students, or only women, or etc. Isn't that racial discrimination, or gender discrimination, which is an absolute no-no?

But since they HAVE been getting away with it, I guess this was bound to happen eventually.

Sounds like the leftists have been taken aback by this one. They haven't figured out yet, how to protest, smear, slime and generally diss it.

But they will, they will.

-----------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/28/texas-college-scholarship-targets-white-male-students/

Texas College Scholarship Targets Only White Male Students

Published February 28, 2011
FoxNews.com

Only white men with a 3.0 grade-point average can apply for a new scholarship being offered by a Texas nonprofit group, the Austin American-Statesman reports.

Colby Bohannan, a Texas State University student, said he founded the Former Majority Association for Equality group after fighting in the Iraq war and returning home to find no college scholarships available for white males like himself -- only women and minorities.

"I felt excluded," Bohannon, a student at Texas State University, told the newspaper. "If everyone else can find scholarships, why are we left out?"

Bohannon went on to say that he and his friends will begin handing out $500 scholarships this summer, arguing that white male students now make up a minority group in Texas.

School officials have so far not taken issue with the group's objective, saying the scholarship is no different from one offered to students from different ethnic groups.

"From the university's standpoint, we can't take issue with a scholarship offered to a certain group," Joanne Smith, Texas State University's vice president of student affairs, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Werbung:
You simply have to google to find thousands and thousands of scholarships (assistantships, mentoring, fellowships, internships) that are reserved for anyone who isn't a white male.

It's illegal because the tax deduction for the money that funds racist anti-white male scholarships are illegal under the 14th amendment. Now, if only someone with standing would sue in federal court ....

The school seems to have taken the high ground and simply said that they need to treat all scholarships the same.

Those who are offering the scholarships seem to be saying that since whites are a minority they can offer the money.

Personally I think whites being a minority is as irrelevant as other recipients of other scholarships being minorities.

Werbung:
I've wondered for a while how various outfits get away with offering scholarships to only black students, or only women, or etc. Isn't that racial discrimination, or gender discrimination, which is an absolute no-no?

But since they HAVE been getting away with it, I guess this was bound to happen eventually.

Sounds like the leftists have been taken aback by this one. They haven't figured out yet, how to protest, smear, slime and generally diss it.

But they will, they will.

-----------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/28/texas-college-scholarship-targets-white-male-students/

Texas College Scholarship Targets Only White Male Students

Published February 28, 2011
hearty-laugh[1].gif

How COMICAL!!!!
There was NO INDIVIDUAL...AT FAUX Noise....WILLING TO TAKE CREDIT FOR THAT ARTICLE!!!!
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon[1].gif

Back