Scholarships for whites TOO?

[]It's not that your point is not well taken. []I just think your delivery is bad.;)[]

There definately should come a time when admissions should be basically grade based. You get the grades and there's a spot open it's pretty much first come first served.

The thing is there probably will always be some preferential points given for things like income levels (trying to help bring the less fortunate up) or as I spoke of before Legacy Enrollments (you want to go to school where your father or mother went).

I had to struggle like the devil financially to get through university and grad school, and I disagree with giving preferential treatment for ADMISSIONS just because you are poor. That's where SCHOLARSHIPS do come in, but not on a pernicious illegal basis such as race. ADMISSIONS should be based on academic merit - nothing else.

Right now I think we are sort of nearing the end of making up for the past. I'd guess in another generation or two that will be gone and the only real quota will be just trying to keep percentages along the lines of the national population.

No, actually, then you'll need a few MORE generations of preferential treatment for whites, to make up for the current era of screwing over whites who had NO RESPONSIBILITY for blacks and their problems and gripes. OR, you could implement a sane, rational, ethical policy, NOW, and base admissions on academic merit only.

Hey here's some good news for ya Lib...

[]Once there's a President Obama that's got to help make the case that all races are catching up with the White standard. Gives less reason for needing special consideration.

Yaaaaaa surrrrrrrrre. You're so naive, it's hard to believe you're older than 10. "Affirmative action" is the establishment's means of buying peace with blacks - that wouldn't end if Obama wer elected.

Werbung:
Shadi, I was looking at the Canadian Conservatives and some of them are full on Racist White Supremacists... No wonder you call yourself anti-Conservative.

I had no idea race relations were so bad up there in Canada. I noticed you don't have a single Black Representative in your BC parliament, are you in an area overrun by Racists or what?

The thing is there probably will always be some preferential points given for things like income levels (trying to help bring the less fortunate up) or as I spoke of before Legacy Enrollments (you want to go to school where your father or mother went).

While I support the abolition of legacy preferences as well as affirmative action, it should be pointed out that several studies have established that legacy preferences confer less benefit on potential enrollees than minority status.

And there are already many government and non-profit programs in place to help lower-income students finance education.

Right now I think we are sort of nearing the end of making up for the past.

There will never be such an end as long as the left continues to deny the existence of natural racial inequality.

You mention motivation. What is the "motivation" you are talking about? Does deliberately and knowingly implementing a widepread policy that will harm a particular race not count as racism? And would you identify the deliberate systematic negative portrayals of white males in the media (movies, TV, ads) that range from insulting to vile merely "discrimination"?

What I mean is that it's not enough to say a thing is racist merely because it has the end result of causing harm to a minority. Unless the motivation is to cause harm to a minority (because they're supposedly an "inferior race"), we cannot honestly quantify it as racism.

If a thing is racist only because a given minority (say, blacks) suffer, then nearly everything about society is racist -- the rule of law (blacks are incarcerated at rates several orders of magnitude greater than whites), the free market (in which blacks are only marginally competitive), the ivory tower (blacks underperform on measures of scholastic aptitude), etc. Are you really willing to concede all that ground to the left?

I use the word because it has resonance in american society (again, thanks to the left,) and something has to be done to break through the peculiar intellectual blankness and silence that ignores the widespread evil deliberate policy of discrimination and defamation against whites (of course primarily white males).

And the best thing to be done is to clobber them over the head with a dictionary. I did this with USHIC and he degenerated into gibbering lunacy. (Sadly the posts now appear to be gone, so there is no public record of my triumph).

Shadi, I was looking at the Canadian Conservatives and some of them are full on Racist White Supremacists... No wonder you call yourself anti-Conservative.

I had no idea race relations were so bad up there in Canada. I noticed you don't have a single Black Representative in your BC parliament, are you in an area overrun by Racists or what?

There is always racism among conservatives but I wouldn't say that it's that bad. For one thing, I could probably walk 4 or 5 blocks on the main street of my town and not see a black man. I would see numerous Chinese citizens and perhaps a few native indians but there's a good chance I wouldn't see a black man. So I don't find it unusual that we don't have any blacks in our B.C. government but it's certainly not anything to do with racism or a prejudice against blacks. Trust me on that because I will make a fool of you if you don't.

I don't find it unusual that we don't have any blacks in our B.C. government but it's certainly not anything to do with racism or a prejudice against blacks.

But 2.5% of your BC population is Black according to the Canadian '06 census. There are over 30,000 blacks living there in BC, you mean to tell me that not one of them is qualified to hold office or what?

I ask because you seem adamant to suggest people who don't like Obama's policies and don't think he's qualified to be POTUS are simply racists.

Maybe there is some double standard at work that my simple Conservative brain is not understanding... its not unusual that you have no Black Reps. in BC but you see it as highly suspect that not 100% of Whites support Obama.

But 2.5% of your BC population is Black according to the Canadian '06 census. There are over 30,000 blacks living there in BC, you mean to tell me that not one of them is qualified to hold office or what?

I'm not sure what the answer is but if you consider that our legislature has had blacks in the past and it's about 60 strong +-, it's not unusual to not have any blacks. I didn't know that we had 2.5% blacks but I wouldn't be surprised if I only saw 2 or 3 blacks amond 100 people. Look, this is a non-issue in B.C. so you are simply on the wrong track.

I ask because you seem adamant to suggest people who don't like Obama's policies and don't think he's qualified to be POTUS are simply racists.

I'm quite convinced that racism is one of the big problems Obama is facing.

Maybe there is some double standard at work that my simple Conservative brain is not understanding... its not unusual that you have no Black Reps. in BC but you see it as highly suspect that not 100% of Whites support Obama.

Forget B.C. not having any blacks in the legislature. It's nothing more than coincidental at this particular time as far as I can see. However we have so few blacks it seems that I'm beginning to wonder who they are. It could be that most are immigrants from the US, I don't know.

How many blacks are there in Canada's parliament in Ottawa may be of some interest?

Do you ALWAYS vote for the Black guy when one runs for office?

If not, then I would like to know why you cannot accept that people, like myself, have substanitive disagreements with Obama and THATS why we refuse to support or vote for the guy.

One last question about Canadian politics and I'll leave it alone for awhile... are there ANY Black Conservatives in your country?

Do you ALWAYS vote for the Black guy when one runs for office?

If not, then I would like to know why you cannot accept that people, like myself, have substanitive disagreements with Obama and THATS why we refuse to support or vote for the guy.

One last question about Canadian politics and I'll leave it alone for awhile... are there ANY Black Conservatives in your country?

Frankly, I don't remember ever having a choice of a black to vote for. Really, this is a non-issue for me in our politics.

I'm sure there must be black conservatives in our parliament but I'll try to find out for you. I know of Marlene Jennings who is a black Liberal. I think there are more blacks in Quebec than in B.C. and I think they have some blacks in their legislature.

Anyway just relax, I'm going to give you personally the benefit of the doubt for now, even though I found your remarks on skin colour troubling.

Libsmasher;53774]I had to struggle like the devil financially to get through university and grad school, and I disagree with giving preferential treatment for ADMISSIONS just because you are poor. That's where SCHOLARSHIPS do come in, but not on a pernicious illegal basis such as race. ADMISSIONS should be based on academic merit - nothing else.

The idea is to give people a chance to better themselves. If anything you say is true :) you may have "struggled" but you made it. Colleges look at many things in admissions. Extracurricular activities, clubs and organization you've been in etc.

Maybe that was part of your problem. You might have had the grades but wearing the sheet to the interview and talking about your "Klan"... I mean "Club" might have cost ya some points.:D

No, actually, then you'll need a few MORE generations of preferential treatment for whites, to make up for the current era of screwing over whites who had NO RESPONSIBILITY for blacks and their problems and gripes. OR, you could implement a sane, rational, ethical policy, NOW, and base admissions on academic merit only.

OK BUBBA... I'll mark that down. The poor poor White man just needs a hand to crawl up to the level of those highly privileged elitist Black people.

I'm sure you do know you really sound weak & pathetic when you cry around like this.

Yaaaaaa surrrrrrrrre. You're so naive, it's hard to believe you're older than 10. "Affirmative action" is the establishment's means of buying peace with blacks - that wouldn't end if Obama wer elected.

Hey a Black man has reached the highest office in the land... that's good for your cause... saying minorities don't need anymore help to reach the top!

You might be helping President Obama and not even realize it! Way to go!!! Give me your address I'll send ya a bumper sticker!

Werbung:
Quote:
Libsmasher;53774]I had to struggle like the devil financially to get through university and grad school, and I disagree with giving preferential treatment for ADMISSIONS just because you are poor. That's where SCHOLARSHIPS do come in, but not on a pernicious illegal basis such as race. ADMISSIONS should be based on academic merit - nothing else.

The idea is to give people a chance to better themselves.

No, the idea is racist discrimination against whites. "Bettering" someone by giving him something he didn't earn, while screwing the person who DID earn it, is racist, immoral, irrational, counter-productive, and a brazen violation of the Equal Protection Clause.

If anything you say is true

EVERYTHING I say is true - EVERYTHING you say is dimwitted.

you may have "struggled" but you made it.

And your stupid point would be what? That it's OK to screw people over because they might make it to some degree or other anyway? STUPID "point".

Colleges look at many things in admissions. Extracurricular activities, clubs and organization you've been in etc.

Bullshiit. They discriminate against whites based on race, as was proved by a statistician in the Grutter USSC case. The purpose of all that peripheral crap that's dragged in is to blur the issue with unquantifiable subjective criteria so that tenured white establishment types can do what they want to do - screw over white students.

Maybe that was part of your problem. You might have had the grades but wearing the sheet to the interview and talking about your "Klan"... I mean "Club" might have cost ya some points.

Your problem, on the other hand, would have been your plainly obvious stupidity.

Quote:

OK BUBBA... I'll mark that down.

Won't work - you need to know how to write to write anything down.

The poor poor White man just needs a hand to crawl up to the level of those highly privileged elitist Black people.

Poor white students of ability and merit are screwed over so some mediocre child of upper middle class black professionals can be admitted to Harvard, because he "must have suffered his whole life due to slavery 200 years ago".

I'm sure you do know you really sound weak & pathetic when you cry around like this.

You are a pissy little white uncle tom, and you dare to call OTHERS pathetic??!! :D

Quote:

Hey a Black man has reached the highest office in the land... that's good for your cause... saying minorities don't need anymore help to reach the top!

Wow! Now we know even stupid people can have hallucinations. :p

Back