Racist anti-white male TV ads

Libsmasher

Most people on the west coast have seen the "WaMu" racist TV ads. If you haven't, here are two examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZnPvOn0jz8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha0cg7LkQ2w&feature=related

This was a series of at least ten "stodgy banker" ads run by Washington Mutual Bank (they shrank it to "WaMu" because they were after minorities business in the last five years, and figured those folks would have a hard time getting their mouths around "Washington Mutual") in which a hip young with-it black male banker gives lectures to about 30 old stodgy bankers, every last one a white male, who are made to look foolish. This was just a recent example of what I've seen for the last several years not only in TV ads, but print ads, TV shows, and Hollywood - white males are made to look old, clumsy, out of it, asexual, unfashionable, and stupid, etc. Black males, on the other hand, especially, are shown just the opposite. I am not talking about every single media occurrence - but I am talking about the overwhelming majority.

The Wamu stodgy white bankers ads stopped after Wamu nearly collapsed, because its stupid lending practices (a very large amount for subprime loans to minorities) ended up with it closing many branches, firing thousands of workers, dumping its CEO, and nearly being acquired by JPMorgan (which is REALLY being hoisted on their own petard - there is no more stodgy bank :)).
Apparently they didn't mind appearing racist before, after they didn't want to look foolish.

Here's a few recent TV "gems" you may have seen:

Mastercard:

In a revival of their "priceless" schtick, they show a white guy biking down a hill flip upside down and crash - a black guy with a white female look on sneeringly. Then it shows the guy upending a sailboat, and finally in a dude ranch being thrown by a horse.

24 Hour Fitness:

It shows three people and shows how they've been improved by going to the gym (approximate narrative):

Voiceover: "Enrico can do more pushups."
Shows a young hispanic male rapidly whipping out pushups.

Voiceover: "Jennifer is back to kayaking."
Young white woman kayaking expertly down a river.

Voiceover: "George can tie his own shoes."
Shows a fat slobby older white male in an easy chair grinning.

Werbung:
Most people on the west coast have seen the "WaMu" racist TV ads. If you haven't, here are two examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZnPvOn0jz8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha0cg7LkQ2w&feature=related

This was a series of at least ten "stodgy banker" ads run by Washington Mutual Bank (they shrank it to "WaMu" because they were after minorities business in the last five years, and figured those folks would have a hard time getting their mouths around "Washington Mutual") in which a hip young with-it black male banker gives lectures to about 30 old stodgy bankers, every last one a white male, who are made to look foolish. This was just a recent example of what I've seen for the last several years not only in TV ads, but print ads, TV shows, and Hollywood - white males are made to look old, clumsy, out of it, asexual, unfashionable, and stupid, etc. Black males, on the other hand, especially, are shown just the opposite. I am not talking about every single media occurrence - but I am talking about the overwhelming majority.

The Wamu stodgy white bankers ads stopped after Wamu nearly collapsed, because its stupid lending practices (a very large amount for subprime loans to minorities) ended up with it closing many branches, firing thousands of workers, dumping its CEO, and nearly being acquired by JPMorgan (which is REALLY being hoisted on their own petard - there is no more stodgy bank :)).
Apparently they didn't mind appearing racist before, after they didn't want to look foolish.

Here's a few recent TV "gems" you may have seen:

Mastercard:

In a revival of their "priceless" schtick, they show a white guy biking down a hill flip upside down and crash - a black guy with a white female look on sneeringly. Then it shows the guy upending a sailboat, and finally in a dude ranch being thrown by a horse.

24 Hour Fitness:

It shows three people and shows how they've been improved by going to the gym (approximate narrative):

Voiceover: "Enrico can do more pushups."
Shows a young hispanic male rapidly whipping out pushups.

Voiceover: "Jennifer is back to kayaking."
Young white woman kayaking expertly down a river.

Voiceover: "George can tie his own shoes."
Shows a fat slobby older white male in an easy chair grinning.

It’s true, and what is more sad is no one will do anything about it or care. The wamu ads were also an attack on republicans. At least the people who created the ads idea of what they thought a republican was.

In general white men are demonized as stupid lazy greedy idiots who can only learn from either a child or a minority.

Some things are ok to make fun of openly and if you say it’s wrong then gosh you really are over reacting. Old people, fat people, Christian people. People must just like to have someone to pick on; when it was not ok to pick on minorities anymore they replaced that with white men.

It’s true, and what is more sad is no one will do anything about it or care.

The "not do anything" is clear - but not the "not care". WHY is it do you think, that white males are discriminated against in employment etc, and ridiculed by the media, and some don't care?? I sure as hell care. Are many of them brainwashed to think it's "OK"?

The wamu ads were also an attack on republicans. At least the people who created the ads idea of what they thought a republican was.

In general white men are demonized as stupid lazy greedy idiots who can only learn from either a child or a minority.

Some things are ok to make fun of openly and if you say it’s wrong then gosh you really are over reacting. Old people, fat people, Christian people. People must just like to have someone to pick on; when it was not ok to pick on minorities anymore they replaced that with white men.

While it is true that old people, fat people, rural and southern people are ridiculed all the time, the two groups that it is particularly offensive that they are held up to ridicule by the lib media is christians and white males, because there is an undertone of bigotry against the former, and one of political destruction and group identity defamation against the latter. Imagine ANY of that crap directed at the lib establishment's most favored group - black males. Within seconds they'd scream to high heaven, and anyone within fifty yards would get fired.

Thats racism mate, watch it. Thanks.

You're right, it is, but I think he's referring to the WaMu corporate lackeys as the racists for thinking minorities aren't smart enough to annunciate Washington Mutual.

Back to topic - this has been going on for years. Look at your TV shows, your movies, commercials (obviously). Men, almost always white, are shown to be the idiots. Dads are morons. White male coworkers are always the dumbest. The list is endless.

Big business is too afraid of ridiculous lawsuits and too afraid to potentially offend any minorities for fear of Jesse-Jackson-Type protests. I guess I don't blame them, but at the same time you're insulting white men. It's ok to insult some but not others? I've lived with this in another form, too, as a Catholic for quite awhile - it's always ok to bash Catholics, but any bashing of jews is anti-semitic, and any bashing of muslims is considered hate speech.

Give me a F-ing break. Stop with the double standards already. People are always screaming for equality and fairness...well? Live it, don't just preach it.
The door swings both ways.

:mad:

And they will get a way with it for a while too because white guys just don't care. Who knows, maybe they know that success is not based on others people's racism. Success is based primarily on one's own efforts.

I'm not getting angry at anyone, just keeping racism off the board.

I'm well aware that libs have a hair trigger response to what even smells like racism (anti-white racism excepted) - as I said - it's THEIR reckoning and strategy - ease off the trigger and calm down.

And they will get a way with it for a while too because white guys just don't care.

That's the mystery, and maybe a little "consciousness raising" is in order. That people are ridiculed in such ways sets the groundwork, the mental framework, the psychology, the national "tone", whereby they can be screwed over in more substantial ways, ie, "affirmative action". I also wonder how a big a factor Race Policing is - when you raise objections to "affirmative action", you are sure to have the Race Police run out like Keystone Kops hysterically screaming "racism".

The "not do anything" is clear - but not the "not care". WHY is it do you think, that white males are discriminated against in employment etc, and ridiculed by the media, and some don't care?? I sure as hell care. Are many of them brainwashed to think it's "OK"?

While it is true that old people, fat people, rural and southern people are ridiculed all the time, the two groups that it is particularly offensive that they are held up to ridicule by the lib media is christians and white males, because there is an undertone of bigotry against the former, and one of political destruction and group identity defamation against the latter. Imagine ANY of that crap directed at the lib establishment's most favored group - black males. Within seconds they'd scream to high heaven, and anyone within fifty yards would get fired.

I think the attack on the white male is for a duel reason.

They represent old fashioned style family units and that is the group you think of when blaming ancestors for past problems.
I also think that is why they attack christians so much too.

I think the attack on the white male is for a duel reason.

They represent old fashioned style family units and that is the group you think of when blaming ancestors for past problems.
I also think that is why they attack christians so much too.

There are lots of reasons. Eg the "patriarchy", a code word used by feminists for their principal enemy, of course means "white males".

This discussion brings up a question:

What is a liberal?

One poster wants to smash them.

Are they all for racism against white people?

Are they against families?

Just who are these terrible people, and what do they believe?

Such a question deserves a thread of its own, so I'll start one, right here on the U. S. politics forum.

Werbung:
Wow. You people really just don't get it.

This is a reversal of the old racist trends in advertising which were astounding virulent. For instance, in the 1920s over half the portrayals of black men in advertising were specifically designed to show them as servants. Newer trends that depict black people in a more empowered light are meant to reverse that old trend, to show audiences that black people can and have branched out into what society considers more "elevated" roles.

Here's a highly educational slideshow on the subject:

http://www.slate.com/id/2164062/slideshow/2164626/fs/0//entry/2164627/

Back