Racist anti-white male TV ads

Most people on the west coast have seen the "WaMu" racist TV ads. If you haven't, here are two examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZnPvOn0jz8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha0cg7LkQ2w&feature=related

This was a series of at least ten "stodgy banker" ads run by Washington Mutual Bank (they shrank it to "WaMu" because they were after minorities business in the last five years, and figured those folks would have a hard time getting their mouths around "Washington Mutual") in which a hip young with-it black male banker gives lectures to about 30 old stodgy bankers, every last one a white male, who are made to look foolish. This was just a recent example of what I've seen for the last several years not only in TV ads, but print ads, TV shows, and Hollywood - white males are made to look old, clumsy, out of it, asexual, unfashionable, and stupid, etc. Black males, on the other hand, especially, are shown just the opposite. I am not talking about every single media occurrence - but I am talking about the overwhelming majority.

The Wamu stodgy white bankers ads stopped after Wamu nearly collapsed, because its stupid lending practices (a very large amount for subprime loans to minorities) ended up with it closing many branches, firing thousands of workers, dumping its CEO, and nearly being acquired by JPMorgan (which is REALLY being hoisted on their own petard - there is no more stodgy bank :)).
Apparently they didn't mind appearing racist before, after they didn't want to look foolish.

Here's a few recent TV "gems" you may have seen:

Mastercard:

In a revival of their "priceless" schtick, they show a white guy biking down a hill flip upside down and crash - a black guy with a white female look on sneeringly. Then it shows the guy upending a sailboat, and finally in a dude ranch being thrown by a horse.

24 Hour Fitness:

It shows three people and shows how they've been improved by going to the gym (approximate narrative):

Voiceover: "Enrico can do more pushups."
Shows a young hispanic male rapidly whipping out pushups.

Voiceover: "Jennifer is back to kayaking."
Young white woman kayaking expertly down a river.

Voiceover: "George can tie his own shoes."
Shows a fat slobby older white male in an easy chair grinning.

Man we White people are really getting the short end of the stick. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting some company trying to keep Whitey down.

These minorities think they can just be born in America and then start makin' jokes whenever they want. It's disgusting.

And you know who I really feel sorry for? WHITE CAVEMEN!!! Yep! Never see a Black Caveman upset about his car insurance... why's that you suppose?

I'll tell ya why. It's that durn minority controlled media! Everyone knows Black Cavemen bring down insurance rates for the good driving White Cavemen but will GEICO point that out... nooooooo!

Well got to go wash my sheet... see ya!

Werbung:
Actually, you've gotten close to a good point, but you are misapplying that idea in this context. Yes, people shouldn't be hypersensitive, but when you see it over and over and over and over for years, the issue is not one of "hypersensitivity", but rather a years long focussed campaign to destroy the identity of a particular racial/gender group. When one also considers that this occurs within the context of a parallel widespread campaign of discrimination by the white establishment against ordinary white males, in practically every area of life touched by corporate or government institutions, then it's time to call what it is - racism.

I call it a lame TV Add for a bank.

Man we White people are really getting the short end of the stick. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting some company trying to keep Whitey down.

When a white guy swings a dead cat it is the result of cruelty to animals. If a black person should swing a dead cat it is impossible for it to be cruelty to animals.:D

Yeah, and where did you come up with that logic, learn it from the local KKK chapter?

Yes, but around here they call themselves liberals. They say that white people can be racists but black people cannot even be racist by definition.

[COLOR=]Man we White people are really getting the short end of the stick. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting some company trying to keep Whitey down.

These minorities think they can just be born in America and then start makin' jokes whenever they want. It's disgusting.

And you know who I really feel sorry for? WHITE CAVEMEN!!! Yep! Never see a Black Caveman upset about his car insurance... why's that you suppose?

I'll tell ya why. It's that durn minority controlled media! Everyone knows Black Cavemen bring down insurance rates for the good driving White Cavemen but will GEICO point that out... nooooooo!

Well got to go wash my sheet... see ya![/COLOR]

Don't forget the White Uncle Tom Society meeting tomorrow - it's B__ch Slap Night, and you're the guest of honor! :D

I call it a lame TV Add for a bank.

The issue is not one ad for a bank (actually, that was a whole series of ads, all with the same racist theme) but rather hundreds (and if that's just what I've seen, probably thousands) of racist anti-white male ads extending over several years.

The issue is not one ad for a bank (actually, that was a whole series of ads, all with the same racist theme) but rather hundreds (and if that's just what I've seen, probably thousands) of racist anti-white male ads extending over several years.

and I never lost any sleep over any of them, amazing.
and here I am, still a white male, for lack of a better term, still top of the food chain.

and I never lost any sleep over any of them, amazing.
and here I am, still a white male, for lack of a better term, still top of the food chain.

If racial insults directed at you don't bother you - fine. How far does this go - is someone slapping your face OK, too? :D Make sure you apply your standard for white males to other groups, Ok? No more campaigns against the "N-word" etc. No screeching the next time someone racially insults blacks - even libs can theoratically at least be logically self-consistent.

Don't forget the White Uncle Tom Society meeting tomorrow - it's B__ch Slap Night, and you're the guest of honor! :D

I just never thought I'd hear so much whining from a White man... being a White man myself... over how the minorities are just beating you out of everything. Would you mind telling me what state you're in?

I mean to me it's laughable. I must just be WAY OVER QUALIFIED for my job making good money because I've never felt the least bit threatened. Come to think about it I've never heard any of my friends cry around about it either. We must just all be special. :)

If racial insults directed at you don't bother you - fine. How far does this go - is someone slapping your face OK, too? :D Make sure you apply your standard for white males to other groups, Ok? No more campaigns against the "N-word" etc. No screeching the next time someone racially insults blacks - even libs can theoratically at least be logically self-consistent.

when whites are held as slaves and called Crackers...I will get mad if you they say Cracker Deal? There is a reason those words are so offensive, they have context. Cracker? who the F cares? what does that even mean? nothing.

stop being so damn sensitive, and so pissed you cant say the N work, Guess what whites Abused that word to much, so we lost it. Cry about it. Maybe you can go to a self help group for white guys who feel that somehow they get the raw deal, next the high ranking black Males who are viewed by society as so much better. have a group cry and talk about your feelings and all that.

when whites are held as slaves and called Crackers...I will get mad if you they say Cracker Deal? There is a reason those words are so offensive, they have context. Cracker? who the F cares? what does that even mean? nothing.

stop being so damn sensitive, and so pissed you cant say the N work, Guess what whites Abused that word to much, so we lost it. Cry about it. Maybe you can go to a self help group for white guys who feel that somehow they get the raw deal, next the high ranking black Males who are viewed by society as so much better. have a group cry and talk about your feelings and all that.

You said... have a group cry and talk about your feelings and all that. :D

That's what you call hittin' the nail on the head brother!

when whites are held as slaves

Racism is not OK only if whites are enslaved? Boy, that's a STUPID idea! :D

and called Crackers...I will get mad if you they say Cracker Deal? There is a reason those words are so offensive, they have context. Cracker? who the F cares? what does that even mean? nothing.

Context, my ass. Blacks haven't been slaves for 143 years.

stop being so damn sensitive,

A lib calling "sensitive" for someone complaining about racism. Do you know what the word "hypocrisy" means? Do you know what a double standard is?

and so pissed you cant say the N work, Guess what whites Abused that word to much, so we lost it. Cry about it.

Have NO idea what you're talking about - you sound like a crazy guy on the street, muttering to himself.

Maybe you can go to a self help group for white guys who feel that somehow they get the raw deal, next the high ranking black Males who are viewed by society as so much better. have a group cry and talk about your feelings and all that.

What YOU can do is form a White Uncle Tom chapter, and have black guys attend and kick you in your butt - I'm sure you'll like it. :D :)

Werbung:
Back