Reverse racism?

The Anglo has done more for civilized society than anyother group, and I ask you who is trying to demean the white in our society today?

WTF?!! Is this not an example of subtle racism? Does anybody read about the history of the world anymore? The art of civilization came from Africa, sorry, so much so that the burning of the Alexandrian Libraries sent the entire world into Darkness, thus the dark ages. People seem to forget that the sands of time do not calculate their span based upon the race of the perciever. Civilizations rise and fall, period. The Egyptian gave rise to the Roman (a MEDITERRANIAN civilization which CONQUERED Europe) who gave rise to the European, not to mention the many accomplishment laid forth by the Chinese and Indian civilizations. The new rises out of the dust of the old. The much touted "European Renaissance" was fueled by knowlege laid forth in the Hermetica and the rest of the gnostic texts which originated in Africa and escaped the fires of Alexandria. So what is your definition of "done more"? "done more" killing perhaps? maybe they have "done more" stealing? "done more" destabilizing? "done more" co-opting? "done more" war?What aside from technological advancements have the anglo done more of than others? Even this is a tenuous postion to assume, as technology is based on principles which are by their very definiton raceless and timeless. The truly advanced civilizations operate out of love of humanity, not out of a love of manipulating humanity. But I keep an open mind and I look forward to your reply.

Werbung:
I tend to agree with the original post, although not in its entirety.

I live in the UK so im unsure what its like in the States (i assume this is where most of you are from)

However here we have a thing called Gay Pride Weekend, which is exactly what it sounds like, a festival where people can be open and celebrate their sexuality.

Now thats fine iv no problem with homosexuals at all, however IF someone was to say lets have a Straight Pride Weekend there would be uproar and screams of homophobe!

I dont see why the minority groups get special privaledges, and its usually these privaledges that cause problems in society.

Why should their be a black music festival when there isnt a white music one as well?

OH, that is just the tip of the ice. Ever heard of te NAACP ? Do or say anything condsidered racist and your will have them, Al Sharpton, and Jessie Jackson all over you and your city. Al Sharpton was arrested in NY for protesting on the bridge over the killing of a black man by police. Wait, if Obama is elected you will see first hand "Reverse Racism". Good idea, a white pride parade.

WTF?!! Is this not an example of subtle racism? Does anybody read about the history of the world anymore? The art of civilization came from Africa, sorry, so much so that the burning of the Alexandrian Libraries sent the entire world into Darkness, thus the dark ages. People seem to forget that the sands of time do not calculate their span based upon the race of the perciever. Civilizations rise and fall, period. The Egyptian gave rise to the Roman (a MEDITERRANIAN civilization which CONQUERED Europe) who gave rise to the European, not to mention the many accomplishment laid forth by the Chinese and Indian civilizations. The new rises out of the dust of the old. The much touted "European Renaissance" was fueled by knowlege laid forth in the Hermetica and the rest of the gnostic texts which originated in Africa and escaped the fires of Alexandria. So what is your definition of "done more"? "done more" killing perhaps? maybe they have "done more" stealing? "done more" destabilizing? "done more" co-opting? "done more" war?What aside from technological advancements have the anglo done more of than others? Even this is a tenuous postion to assume, as technology is based on principles which are by their very definiton raceless and timeless. The truly advanced civilizations operate out of love of humanity, not out of a love of manipulating humanity. But I keep an open mind and I look forward to your reply.

Uh, the Library at Alexandria was an achievement of the Ptolemies, ie, the greco-egyptians - it was an artifact of western civilization. Latter day afrocentric pseudo-history, refuted by scholars, erroneously claims it as an achievement of black africans. This new myth is understandable as being a novel idea having it's base in black identity politics. Of course, scholars who refute this silly notion are called "racists".

How about the "United Anglo-American College Fund" ?:eek:

Not exactly a joke - there're ZILLIONS of scholarships earmarked for minorities only, especially blacks, and almost none for whites only. Somebody should sue in federal court and get the tax-exempt status of the former removed.

Funny, I'm a white man with blonde hair and blue eyes and I've never once in my life been told that.

Really?

Man I've heard that about 3 times in my life already. And I'm only 34.
All those black jokers who claim to love MLK yet constantly look to be the victim of something or other because of their skin color piss me off.

What happened to "content of character, not the color of skin"?
My neighbor is blacker than tar, he's from Antigua, but he's the most awesome dude I've ever met. Works his AZz off and has never ONCE complained about white people whenever times got tough. He just sucked it up and was thankful for what he has in this country. He raised his kids the same way - they're great people.

wish more non-whites would get that kind of mentality.

Uh, the Library at Alexandria was an achievement of the Ptolemies, ie, the greco-egyptians - it was an artifact of western civilization. Latter day afrocentric pseudo-history, refuted by scholars, erroneously claims it as an achievement of black africans. This new myth is understandable as being a novel idea having it's base in black identity politics. Of course, scholars who refute this silly notion are called "racists".

LMAO!!! The Ptolemaic dynasty didn't even surface until egypt was far into her decline, they came by way of alexander the great, circa 310 BC. The intellectual work was done prior to the arrival of the greeks, my point being that the body of knowledge was built way before the edifice of the library, especially seeing as egyptian civilization first raised its head somewhere around 3100 BC, so unfortunately time and common sense are not on your side. Just because your professor or whatever told you something does not make it true.

Some minor points:

(A) The fact that white people throughout history have largely achieved greatness without acting in the name of white people does nothing to change the fact that white people throughout history have largely achieved greatness. It's not racist to recognize this fact.

(B) The fact that non-whites have also achieved greatness in some areas does not mitigate the aforementioned fact.

(C) You don't get to exclude more or less the one objectively reliable measure of civilizational accomplishment (technological advance) in comparing the achievements of different civilizations.

(A) The fact that white people throughout history have largely achieved greatness without acting in the name of white people does nothing to change the fact that white people throughout history have largely achieved greatness. It's not racist to recognize this fact.

In essence, I agree with this, but I feel like I should add to it.

How many of them were left-handed? How many of them had dark hair? Maybe there's a third nipple or two amongst some of history's greatest?

There isn't anything wrong with recognizing the accomplishments of people, but using that recognition to fuel pride in a group only makes sense if that group has a pre-existing reason to be grouped together. African Americans are lumped together like that because that's what was done to them - they were lumped together and systematically oppressed, and today when recognizing ethnic, racial, and cultural heritage they mostly self-identify as "African Americans." What pre-existing reason does the white race have for banding together and espousing pride in being white?

Many (most, even) of my personal heroes are/were white people, but I don't have "white pride" simply because William Faulkner, a great writer, was white like me, any more than I have "right-handed pride" because he was right-handed, like me.

Werbung:
In essence, I agree with this, but I feel like I should add to it.

How many of them were left-handed? How many of them had dark hair? Maybe there's a third nipple or two amongst some of history's greatest?

There isn't anything wrong with recognizing the accomplishments of people, but using that recognition to fuel pride in a group only makes sense if that group has a pre-existing reason to be grouped together. African Americans are lumped together like that because that's what was done to them - they were lumped together and systematically oppressed, and today when recognizing ethnic, racial, and cultural heritage they mostly self-identify as "African Americans." What pre-existing reason does the white race have for banding together and espousing pride in being white?

Many (most, even) of my personal heroes are/were white people, but I don't have "white pride" simply because William Faulkner, a great writer, was white like me, any more than I have "right-handed pride" because he was right-handed, like me.

I think many "African-Americans" go out of their way to segregate themselves from society. Even on college campuses we see Black Student Associations and Black fraternaties that segregate themselves from the general population. On top of that they lose themselves in majors such as African-American studies, another example in my mind of segregating themselves from the general population.

Certainly there was and is racism in this nation. However, I do not think any black person can legitimately look themselves in the face and say that they were unable to succeed in this country because they were held down by white oppression. What bugs me is when some so-called "leader" like Al Sharpton comes along and complains that black people are not getting very good jobs. What he ignores is that many of these people did not attend school, never learned how to read, and basically brought their lack of education on themselves. School is free is this nation, and millions of black people have gone through it succeeded in life. There is nothing holding back any of those who do not other than themselves.

Back