Colleges Foster Anti-Male Environment

GBFan

The college environment is “actively hostile towards men,” psychologist and author Dr. Helen Smith explained in a Tuesday interview with Forbes.

Smith has authored the book “Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and The American Dream — And Why It Matters,” and discussed the effect that overreaching feminism has on men with reporter Jerry Bowyer.

Bower stated that groups who see themselves as oppressed since the 19th century have blazed past a goal of equality to exact “comeuppance” on their oppressors, and American men bear the brunt of this attack. Smith agreed, recalling how she was taken aback by the modern feminist movement’s animosity toward men.

“I thought feminism was supposed to be about equality,” Smith said. I was somewhat of a feminist, or I was very much a feminist when I was younger, because I had this idea — naively — that it was about equality, that we wanted to see men and women as equals. Instead, women today want special privileges and no responsibilities or very little, and they want men to have the responsibilities but none of the privilege. As you point out, there’s the problem.”

In her book, Smith referrs to colleges, where female enrollment rates rise as males’ drop, as hostile places to the average guy.

“There’s so many women at the University of Vermont, they call the place Girlington as opposed to Burlington,” Smith said. “What’s interesting is that it’s something like 60 percent women going to college and 40 percent men. … I don’t think that it’s just the higher education bubble. … I think that actually what’s happening is that not only is the commodity much less desirable to men, but I think that the environment itself is actively hostile towards men.”

“So, I think you’ve got two things going on there: You’ve got a commodity college which isn’t to men as important as it used to be, and there are other things that men are finding to do,” Smith continued. “And at the same time, I think that the discrimination against men in these diversity-field, women-dominated schools is also acting as a kind of barrier to men. A lot of men don’t want to put up with it, and a lot of people think, ‘Of course that’s not really happening,’ but people have no idea what men face in our colleges today. For example, they can go into a college today and be charged with any type of sexual harassment or sexual abuse, and there doesn’t have to be really proof shown that they’ve done something. There are a lot of cases across the country … where men actually can be charged with a very low preponderance for crimes as hideous as rape. And there’s campus tribunals at some of these colleges that just say, ‘You know what, we think you did it and you’re out of school.’”

“The presumption of innocence doesn’t function in these campus tribunals,” agreed Bowyer.

Werbung:
Post a link to where you stole this or it will be ignored.

you know they use to actuly have a rule that you had to actuly post your own thoughts....but seems clear no one enforces anything here anymore.

Hey, dumb ass ... ignore it ... you have no intelligent input, anyway

its easy to ignore you, you don't post your own thoughts...I will just go let the person who actuly writes them know..send them a Email...Since its to hard to even offer your own opinion, let alone site a source when your stealing ...Rand paul
You're not supposed to respond to MY opinion ... you're supposed to respond to THE opinion ...

but, hey ... if I've given you an easy excuse, so be it ... take advantage of it and say nothing.

Werbung:
If you get on the bad side of women, say they think your "looking at them", then watch out. Many women and some men will start to pick on you. In an extreme case, and especially with the new feminism, it could lead to an expulsion or arrest. However, honestly, looking at a woman isn't the same as grabbing her behind or raping her.

However, remember, insecure alpha males are just as likely to start trouble as angry women. Hell-raising males are always looking for trouble. :D

Last edited:
Back