Conservative Radio Host After Being Waterboarded: "Absolutely Torture"

I'll agree, you don't attack people for the purpose of demonization... You just think its "cool" to poke fun at Christians, Conservatives and all things Bush, so your attacks look more like angry drunken rants and cheap shots at those not protected by Political Correctness than propagandizing.

Just a couple quick question... don't get all testy...:)

Is it impossible that people may actually not like a certain religious sect with kinda nutty Evangelist leaders trying to force their dogma down everyone's throat in a political sense?

Possible that someone might truly think Druggie Limbaugh and the like are fearmongering carnival barkers that stir up chaos for their own wealth & ratings... and think the record really shows Bush truly did leave office polling as the worst President of all times since polling began with a 22% overall approval rating, 2 wars, his TORTURE legacy, and a destroyed American economy?

I'm just asking this because a majority of people would agree with just about all of this train of thought.

Werbung:
I think your attacks are boring... You often make the claim that people like myself don't use logic then back your opinion with the opinions of others rather than citing specific faults in my logic. I often point out the logical fallacies people like yourself offer as "logic" and my opinion is based on well established rules of inductive and deductive reasoning.

You also often make the claim people like myself don't back up our positions with facts, but you ignore or dismiss any facts we offer while again using the opinions of those who agree with you to buttress your own opinion.

I'll agree, you don't attack people for the purpose of demonization... You just think its "cool" to poke fun at Christians, Conservatives and all things Bush, so your attacks look more like angry drunken rants and cheap shots at those not protected by Political Correctness than propagandizing.

The same claims you make about the lefties, can just as easily be thrown back to the right. Because you see, the game is the same. You probably know this already. But politics, in my opinion in the American form is a simple back and forth with the same themes, regardless of the view point.

Which brings me to something that I think would be worthy to think about, an American political system that has virtually no party designation.

The same claims you make about the lefties, can just as easily be thrown back to the right. Because you see, the game is the same. You probably know this already. But politics, in my opinion in the American form is a simple back and forth with the same themes, regardless of the view point.
Please point out any demonization that takes place on either side and I'll join you in discouraging it... We should encourage each other to address the substance of a topic, not encourage each other to attack the character of those in opposition.
picture.php

Such a forum would be the ideal place for divergent views to air themselves in an honest discussion of merit. Instead we have internet egos who think everything is a debate to be won or lost with verbosity of rhetoric and low blow character assaults as their measure of success.

Which brings me to something that I think would be worthy to think about, an American political system that has virtually no party designation.
Perhaps if we last long enough to institute a virtual republic that is possible.

Please point out any demonization that takes place on either side and I'll join you in discouraging it... We should encourage each other to address the substance of a topic, not encourage each other to attack the character of those in opposition.
I do my best, but as you know there are plenty of examples on both sides of this. Demonization of the opponent is as old as humanity.

picture.php

Such a forum would be the ideal place for divergent views to air themselves in an honest discussion of merit. Instead we have internet egos who think everything is a debate to be won or lost with verbosity of rhetoric and low blow character assaults as their measure of success.
While I dont take issue with Webster, and generally agree with the first sentence of his quote. I find the second to be entirely dreamy and out of touch even when he said it, and while some Senator may today envoke that quote or say something similar, they are in fact wrong, ignorant or misleading at best.

"We aknowledge no masters, We aknowledge no dictators"

This is simply untrue in our current system, nor has it been for a couple centuries. Among American politicians, thier masters and dictators are the party controllers. They are the ones who push one candidate over another, decide how much resources should be focused into that candidate and more often than not dictate what thier policy views are.

As a side note, I have created a thread on this subject, we are getting off the topic here.

Just a couple quick question... don't get all testy...
Those are not honest questions, all you did was further prove my point by attempting to demonize those you disagree with as nutty, drug addicted, fearmongering, torturers....

If you oppose the proposals that someone has to offer, you can do so without attacking their character... But that's not your style.

People like you spend all your time attacking the messengers in hopes that you can discourage others from hearing their message.

You have often stated that it was the Right-Wing smear merchants that drove you from being an independent to a Progressive... Well... You have become a smear merchant for the Left-Wing Progressives. You have become what you claim to despise... Your attacks and rhetoric will only drive current independents away from the Progressives.

I think your attacks are boring... You often make the claim that people like myself don't use logic then back your opinion with the opinions of others rather than citing specific faults in my logic. I often point out the logical fallacies people like yourself offer as "logic" and my opinion is based on well established rules of inductive and deductive reasoning.

You also often make the claim people like myself don't back up our positions with facts, but you ignore or dismiss any facts we offer while again using the opinions of those who agree with you to buttress your own opinion.

aww you hurt my feelings...:( I usually just save those for no Obama and Andy though...

Werbung:
They can't argue against your message so they are attacking you for being the messenger.
....Or, in The DICK's (Cheney) case....for being a LIAR!!!!!!!!!

"A US Army psychiatrist assigned to interrogations at Guantanamo told Army investigators that in the summer of 2002, “A large part of the time we were focused on trying to establish a link between al Qaeda and Iraq and were not successful. …there was more and more pressure to resort to measures that might produce more immediate results.”

Back