Constitutional reform of congress

Everyone voting is the problem here. Most people aer too stupid to vote. Sorry but its true. The framers had it right limiting it to landowners. Modern times would need that expanded a little but if you have no dog in the fight you have no say.

I disagree with just about everything written here. If look at a country like Australia where they have requisite voting, they have a much more informed electorate than we do in America. A huge part of the difference is that there is generall more than two viable choices and it largely comes down to real issues and isnt subjected to media outlets basically working as campaign proxies. Thier elections arent reduced to 30second soundbytes and fueled by billions of dollars.

Werbung:
I disagree with just about everything written here. If look at a country like Australia where they have requisite voting, they have a much more informed electorate than we do in America. A huge part of the difference is that there is generall more than two viable choices and it largely comes down to real issues and isnt subjected to media outlets basically working as campaign proxies. Thier elections arent reduced to 30second soundbytes and fueled by billions of dollars.

I believe that there is a vast difference in the area of "give a damn" between the Aussies and us. And as you point out, they are less about vote buying.

While it is equally odoius, if they were concentrating on buying the votes of people with a stake in the game, we would be headed in a better direction.

First things first, get the money out of politics. This is the rot that is kiilling this country.

I believe that there is a vast difference in the area of "give a damn" between the Aussies and us. And as you point out, they are less about vote buying.

While it is equally odoius, if they were concentrating on buying the votes of people with a stake in the game, we would be headed in a better direction.

First things first, get the money out of politics. This is the rot that is kiilling this country.

Sorry you can't conservatives will go against you on evry front on that one ( outside McCain and a few others)

Sorry you can't conservatives will go against you on evry front on that one ( outside McCain and a few others)

Politicians of every stripe will. They worked hard to craft it and will not let it go easily.

So we start slow !

Eliminate earmarks. Yes it hurts cronyism but will fool some of them.

Get very detailed on what government bucks go not so much where but to whom. Then its easier to tie donations to recipients and for there we the people can just say no to this stuff.

Lets do this and then work on our next steps.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will Capital Hill be re-taken in a day.

Werbung:
Politicians of every stripe will. They worked hard to craft it and will not let it go easily.

So we start slow !

Eliminate earmarks. Yes it hurts cronyism but will fool some of them.

Get very detailed on what government bucks go not so much where but to whom. Then its easier to tie donations to recipients and for there we the people can just say no to this stuff.

Lets do this and then work on our next steps.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will Capital Hill be re-taken in a day.

I think a lot more Dems will side against money in politics...it would help there party a lot I think...though would help mine even more...

Back