Core Beliefs - Conservative vs Liberal

This link has a much more objective look at the two sides. It still generalizes some, and no one person is going to agree with everything. It does however, put that one sided nonsense that was posted earlier to shame.

Popeye, kudos! I've not the time right now to totally read this in depth, but what I saw was very good. Thank you for sharing this.

It's not so much that the one-sided nonsense is really nonsense. It definitely is written with a Conservatism slant, but it's also a snapshot of how Conservatives view Liberalism in action. It's the type of piece meant to stir discussion.

Nearly all of us who participate at this site hold to our particular philosophical perspectives. The link you provided seems to be an unambiguous summary of the differences between, in essence.

Werbung:
I ran across a discussion of conservative vs liberal core beliefs recently and someone had posted this list. I read through it and didn't really find anything on the conservative side that I would argue against very strongly and his observations of liberals match mine pretty closely as well.

I would be interested to see what the conservatives and liberals on this board think.
I think I've found The Face that matches the words. :rolleyes:

Werbung:
You think so? Perhaps you don't remember clinton explaining that he must raise our taxes because some of us might do the wrong things with the money if he didn't?
That's pretty-much the case.

"Suddenly, it seems everyone in Washington is singing the virtues of retiring the national debt. For two decades, as deficits mounted, it was a nonissue. But the prospect of surpluses has economists and policymakers thinking the unthinkable: erasing the $3.8 trillion pile of federal IOUs held by the public."

"Instead, the president explained, the $5.7 trillion national debt has been reduced by $360 billion in the last three years -- $223 billion this year alone.

This represents, Clinton said, "the largest one-year debt reduction in the history of the United States."

It is the third year in a row the federal government has taken in more than it spent, and has paid down the debt. The last time the U.S. government had a third consecutive year of national debt reduction was 1949, said the official.

The federal budget surplus for fiscal year 1999 was $122.7 billion, and $69.2 billion for fiscal year 1998. Those back-to-back surpluses, the first since 1957, allowed the Treasury to pay down $138 billion in national debt."

This was the Clinton-version of Fiscal Responsibility.

Back