Dallas hospital cares for illegal immigrants

It may well be moral for the hospital to take care of illegal immigrants in need of medical care, but it is not moral to allow them to continue to live in defiance of the law.

Those hospitals ought to have done the right thing: treat the illegals and them promptly report them to the authorities.

This is not an issue of turning the sick away, it's about the hospital doing the job they are both legally and morally obligated to do. If a man repeatedly comes into a hospital with stab wounds/gunshots or whatever as a result of his membership in a violent street gang, would you say it's moral for the hospital to release him without notifying the police about his activities?

Werbung:
It may well be moral for the hospital to take care of illegal immigrants in need of medical care, but it is not moral to allow them to continue to live in defiance of the law.

Those hospitals ought to have done the right thing: treat the illegals and them promptly report them to the authorities.

This is not an issue of turning the sick away, it's about the hospital doing the job they are both legally and morally obligated to do. If a man repeatedly comes into a hospital with stab wounds/gunshots or whatever as a result of his membership in a violent street gang, would you say it's moral for the hospital to release him without notifying the police about his activities?

Except how is the hospital able to tell they are illegals?

Yes

If a man repeatedly comes into a hospital with stab wounds/gunshots or whatever as a result of his membership in a violent street gang, would you say it's moral for the hospital to release him without notifying the police about his activities?

I agree:) They should report him, law :D

Coyote

Except how is the hospital able to tell they are illegals?

There are missing valid documents, but you and me can't tell at emergency waiting room:D

Many of them would not go to a hospital if they were going to be reported. Then someone would die and it would give amunition to their supporters.

I have an idea. Let the churches and the people who support this invasion of illegals set up a charity. They could all contribute money to it, and the cost of treating illegals would be paid for by that fund.

I have an idea. Let the churches and the people who support this invasion of illegals set up a charity. They could all contribute money to it, and the cost of treating illegals would be paid for by that fund.

The problem is still that to use that money would be identify oneself as an illegal immigrant. Do you suppose the feds, who need to make themselves look better in the middle of this decade of immigration debacles, would just ignore such a fund? No, they'd monitor it pretty closely.

Many of them would not go to a hospital if they were going to be reported. Then someone would die and it would give amunition to their supporters.

Still..............how do we get rid of the illegals?

Having been a member of the emergency medical field I fully support dallas in this. First of all, all persons should be cared for under equal pretense, regardless of origin, legality, or otherwise. The biggest problem with NOT treating people isn't the acute lethality, in my opinion. The problem is that if someone comes in with a bad headache, and it turns out the be viral meningitis, a very POTENT killer of people. I'd much rather them come in, be quarantined and NOT infect loads of other people THUS increasing a) the morbidity of the meningitis b) increasing the cost of care for the singular advanced case of the illegal c) the increased cost of care for americans thus infected and d) the increased cost of care for advanced cases of meningitis among other illegals who were infected (who didn't go to the hospital because they'd be turned in or otherwise denied service for an apparently non-dangerous problem.

It's very dangerous not only financially, but to the health of everyone, to deny treatment.

End of story.

The problem is still that to use that money would be identify oneself as an illegal immigrant. Do you suppose the feds, who need to make themselves look better in the middle of this decade of immigration debacles, would just ignore such a fund? No, they'd monitor it pretty closely.

The government isn't monitering anything. They don't want to go out of their way to find anyone. Have you ever tried to report an illegal? It would be different if the hospitals were urning in their names. They are harder to ignore.

But even with that I don't think the government is going to do anything. What little they do is designed to make people feel sorry for the aliens. They tear screaming babies from their mothers, babysitters talking to the press about how there is no one else to care for these little ones. What are they going to do? You never hear the part of the story where they left three kids in Mexico to come here.

hahaa

This is who pays for treating patients without health insurance:D :D
Who do you think would cover the bill?:D

Werbung:
Back