Enough is enough: It's time for "Plan B" to counter Putin

reedak

1. We have seen the brutal reality of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s illegal invasion of Ukraine....Enough is enough. The time has come for the United States and our allies to act.

As pressure within Russia increases, Putin’s own long-term prospects are likely to impact his calculus as well, driving him to make dangerous choices. The question for the United States and our allies is, therefore, not how we ought to respond to Putin's next move, but how we can get ahead of it and deter him from further expanding the conflict.

We recommend Plan B: Taking back the initiative. We should tell Putin to stop the senseless killing of the Ukrainian people and to pull his forces out of Ukraine immediately.
We should make clear that, while we don’t want a war, we no longer can stand by and watch him kill innocent civilians. We should deploy the U.S. Air Force — and hopefully those of our allies — over Ukraine to stop the killing and enforce Russia’s withdrawal by establishing a no-fly zone...

It should be clear, however, that if Russia continues to massacre civilians, we will enforce the no-fly zone. If Russia’s air defense system shoots down one of our aircraft, we will take out its air defense system in Ukraine. If missiles are launched against us or our allies, we will take out those missiles. And any use of unconventional weapons in Ukraine — whether nuclear, chemical or biological — in Ukraine will result in a massive response....

While maintaining the coalition is a top priority, the time has come to fundamentally change our tactics. Just as one man started World War II in Europe, Putin has started a conflict with eerily similar parallels. We no longer can stand by as he seeks to massively expand this conflict, killing innocents and destroying cities. If being a superpower means anything, it means acting when it matters. Now is just such a time. Enough is enough.

Source link: https://thehill.com/opinion/nationa...s-enough-its-time-for-plan-b-to-counter-putin

2. At last two people (the opinion contributors: Gen. (Ret) Keith B. Alexander and Jamil N. Jaffer) have found their way up the Catskill Mountains to wake up Rip Van Winkle. That is their Plan A. Their Plan B is helping Rip Van Winkle find his way down the Catskill Mountain. When will they or any other Americans propose Plan C, which is "putting Rip Van Winkle's boots on the ground in Ukraine"? :)

In Plan C, Rip Van Winkle will tell the Russian leader: "If being a superpower means anything, it means acting when it matters. Now is just such a time. Enough is enough."

Placing the muzzle of a revolver against his own head, he continues: "As I do not want to live long enough as a coward, I want to die as a hero. If I die as a coward, can you guess what will happen to me after my death? Millions of future generations in my country will spit on my grave, with the result that my grave will be flooded forever with saliva. Now I am ready to play World War III Russian roulette with you."

Additional Reference:

Werbung:
Back