Europe is more humane than America is

What you want as a fit sane man , might be different when you are sick. I would hate to be in diapers and have a woman change them. But this happen when we were young. My brother was admitted to a nursing home with Parkinson disease. At first he wanted a male nurse to help him in the toilet. But now he allows anyone to help him. In the end he can not do it for himself. Did you ask his daughter wanted to do this or rather he died?

In the end this is a decision we will all have to make one day if we live long enough. I suspect most of us we not choose to be euthanized

the guys in question are just going blind. its perfectly possible for blind people to use the bathroom. this is the crux of the matter, the trivial reasoning behind the request.

people will still differ as to whether or not its EVER ok but it hapens every day and there is no putting the genie back in that bottle.

Werbung:
What is the choice. To choose to die yourselflf by taking risks or not eating etc. Or do you want a doctor to kill you "painlessly". Surely the doctors also has a choice.

What is the choice. To choose to die yourselflf by taking risks or not eating etc. Or do you want a doctor to kill you "painlessly". Surely the doctors also has a choice.
Yes, I suppose those are the choices. There are plenty of way to commit suicide by yourself, but virtually all of them I can think of are both painful and gruesome. However, it is something that happens quite frequently.

The doctor also has a choice (as far as I am concerned). All professionals - from lawyers to engineers have the right to refuse to do something if it is against their personal code of ethics. In that case, another doctor would need to be found.

The purpose of doctor assisted suicide is to perform an act of humanity. As such, no one, neither doctor or patient should be forced to do something they consider against their ethics.

We must recognize that assisted suicide and euthanasia will be practiced through Obama Care So in a society as obsessed with the costs of health care, the dangers of the slippery slope... are far from fantasy...Assisted suicide is a half-way house, a stop on the way to other forms of direct euthanasia, for example, for incompetent patients, elderly, the blind, the retarded, and liberals. So is voluntary euthanasia a half-way house to involuntary and nonvoluntary euthanasia. If terminating life is a benefit, the reasoning goes, why should euthanasia be limited only to those who can give consent? Why need we ask for consent?"

Yes, I suppose those are the choices. There are plenty of way to commit suicide by yourself, but virtually all of them I can think of are both painful and gruesome. However, it is something that happens quite frequently.

The doctor also has a choice (as far as I am concerned). All professionals - from lawyers to engineers have the right to refuse to do something if it is against their personal code of ethics. In that case, another doctor would need to be found.

The purpose of doctor assisted suicide is to perform an act of humanity. As such, no one, neither doctor or patient should be forced to do something they consider against their ethics.

OD. painless and if its grusome you'll be dead so it wont matter to you. its pretty much what the docs would do.

We must recognize that assisted suicide and euthanasia will be practiced through Obama Care So in a society as obsessed with the costs of health care, the dangers of the slippery slope... are far from fantasy...Assisted suicide is a half-way house, a stop on the way to other forms of direct euthanasia, for example, for incompetent patients, elderly, the blind, the retarded, and liberals. So is voluntary euthanasia a half-way house to involuntary and nonvoluntary euthanasia. If terminating life is a benefit, the reasoning goes, why should euthanasia be limited only to those who can give consent? Why need we ask for consent?"

That argument goes along with the idea of establishing death panels to determine who lives and who dies. The concept of doctor assisted suicide is something that society can understand. On the other hand, the idea of someone else making the decision to kill someone (euthanasia) is abhorrent to everyone. I just don't see any slippery slope of assisted suicide mutating into death panels.

That argument goes along with the idea of establishing death panels to determine who lives and who dies. The concept of doctor assisted suicide is something that society can understand. On the other hand, the idea of someone else making the decision to kill someone (euthanasia) is abhorrent to everyone. I just don't see any slippery slope of assisted suicide mutating into death panels.

two separate things IMO

I can easily see it getting out of hand....
Well, after watching my mother and father suffer in pain for 7 years before they died, I think doctor assisted suicide is a good idea.

There's no way anybody who can guarantee what might possibly happen in the future. If every good idea was stopped by people who worry about obtuse "what if's", then no good idea would be implemented.

As modern medicine gets more skilled, and larger numbers of people are kept in a state of slow, agonizing death, we must give them the choice to die with dignity.

I know were not animals but we should get the same humane way to die as our pets get. If were going deaf and blind or have uncureable cancer we should have a choice like leathal injection

Why would anyone keep larger numbers of people are kept in a state of slow, agonizing death"". No religion I know of wants to prolong death.

Dogtower, Yes I agree the Catholic church was slow to change. Advances in Medical science has become so rapid that the Church had to state that any treatment that just prolong life when death was inevitable was not necessary according to its moral laws. In other words life support could be turn off.

Werbung:
Dogtower, Yes I agree the Catholic church was slow to change. Advances in Medical science has become so rapid that the Church had to state that any treatment that just prolong life when death was inevitable was not necessary according to its moral laws. In other words life support could be turn off.

pretty different that what these two in Belgium are facing.

Back