Exxon again posts record profits

And I'm so thankful these particular butchers (appropos metaphor) have whittled down the competition so effectively that they can set the price of prime at nearly unreachable rates.

Lunacy. Capitalism will assume in this situation people will start eating pork, and lack of sales will force the "butchers" to lower the price of prime.

Werbung:
you know, you're right. BigOil has made no effort to squash competition unfairly. No effort at suppressing R&D for alternatives at all!

What were I and millions of others thinking? How totally silly!

you know, you're right. BigOil has made no effort to squash competition unfairly. No effort at suppressing R&D for alternatives at all!

What were I and millions of others thinking? How totally silly!

Well their efforts have failed miserably because many places use nuclear, wind, and solar already, especially in Europe where gas has sat around $10 a gallon for a much longer time.

High gas prices are a relatively new phenomena in the United States. Should they continue, you can expect us (the United States) to start to switch to pork (alternative energy), just as we saw in Europe.

And I'm so thankful these particular butchers (appropos metaphor) have whittled down the competition so effectively that they can set the price of prime at nearly unreachable rates.

Thank God for pure capitalism and the monopolies it inadvertently fertilizes the political climate for. Monopolies are fascist organizations almost always.

Uh, you don't know what you're talking about - monopolies have almost always been a contrivance of government, or created with the substantive assistance of government - they are essentially an artifact of the state. Your rant ironically and inadvertently recognizes this by calling monopolies "fascist", state corporatism is a well know aspect of fascist governments. Finally, when it comes to greed, there is no greed like government - the profits of such as Exxon are microscopic compared to the confiscated wealth flowing into the insatiable maw of the state.

If it ever gets to the point where they are paying all of the taxes will they own the government?

Nah they will just pay till they dont get enough profit to bother doing the job and then we will be in a bind.

Did you hear Obamas new idea? Give another stim check but this time of 1,000.00 and make the oil companys pay for it over a period of 5 years.

Nah they will just pay till they dont get enough profit to bother doing the job and then we will be in a bind.

Did you hear Obamas new idea? Give another stim check but this time of 1,000.00 and make the oil companys pay for it over a period of 5 years.

AKA make everyone who drives a car pay for it over five years.

AKA make everyone who drives a car pay for it over five years.

Yes, that is what it would come do to.

I don't understand what is happening to our country. Since when is it ok for the government to say we are giving all these people x amount of dollars and we decided to single out You to pay for it.

Has our country alwasy been this way and I just didn't know it? I mean I understand they soak the rich. Rape the rich is probably a better term to give to the poor so the poor will in turn vote the morons back in. but how long have they had the right to single out a particular company like this?

Yes, that is what it would come do to.

I don't understand what is happening to our country. Since when is it ok for the government to say we are giving all these people x amount of dollars and we decided to single out You to pay for it.

Has our country alwasy been this way and I just didn't know it? I mean I understand they soak the rich. Rape the rich is probably a better term to give to the poor so the poor will in turn vote the morons back in. but how long have they had the right to single out a particular company like this?

In this country we used to aspire to be like the rich. We wanted to earn what they earned. Now we just hate them, and want what they have for free, as if we are entitled to it.

It is like we hate success now in this country. We do not want to do anything, but we want it all done for us. It is really pathetic. No one feels sorry for Exxon when they buy/lease land, spend a lot of money drilling, and do not hit. Now we hate them because they are making a profit, which is far less than many people realize.

In this country we used to aspire to be like the rich. We wanted to earn what they earned. Now we just hate them, and want what they have for free, as if we are entitled to it.

It is like we hate success now in this country. We do not want to do anything, but we want it all done for us. It is really pathetic. No one feels sorry for Exxon when they buy/lease land, spend a lot of money drilling, and do not hit. Now we hate them because they are making a profit, which is far less than many people realize.

I agree with you but what I do not understand is when this happened. Are there any laws on the books that Obama (GOD FORBID ) he became president that he could target one company or group and say you have to pay for all the americans to get 1,000.00 each? It would seem that is not the American way.

I agree with you but what I do not understand is when this happened. Are there any laws on the books that Obama (GOD FORBID ) he became president that he could target one company or group and say you have to pay for all the americans to get 1,000.00 each? It would seem that is not the American way.

I do not think so, he would have to pass one, but with a Democratic congress I doubt that would be a problem.

Corporate taxes started in 1909 at 1% and reached as high as 53% during WWII. It was only in the 1980's that they were dropped back down as low as they are today.

If anything can be blamed for the cause of such high tax rates, perhaps it would be WWII. While I have no problem paying high taxes for something like that, fighting the global war on poverty is hardly what I would deem a worthy cause.

Once we got to the rate of 53% it stayed in the upper 40's for most of the time until it was dropped down in the 1980's to its current levels.

I do not think so, he would have to pass one, but with a Democratic congress I doubt that would be a problem.

Corporate taxes started in 1909 at 1% and reached as high as 53% during WWII. It was only in the 1980's that they were dropped back down as low as they are today.

If anything can be blamed for the cause of such high tax rates, perhaps it would be WWII. While I have no problem paying high taxes for something like that, fighting the global war on poverty is hardly what I would deem a worthy cause.

Once we got to the rate of 53% it stayed in the upper 40's for most of the time until it was dropped down in the 1980's to its current levels.

I think if they have to tax the rich, they should target big movie stars instead of big oil :)

I think if they have to tax the rich, they should target big movie stars instead of big oil :)

It is just a way for them to raise your taxes and make you feel good about. Quite frankly most people are to dumb or do not care enough to notice.

It is just a way for them to raise your taxes and make you feel good about. Quite frankly most people are to dumb or do not care enough to notice.

I have noticed.

or another reason is they dont think they themselves will ever amount to much so why not take from someone else. If they thought that they too would someday make it big, they might think twice about targeting those who have made it.

Werbung:
I have noticed.

or another reason is they dont think they themselves will ever amount to much so why not take from someone else. If they thought that they too would someday make it big, they might think twice about targeting those who have made it.

I think it is why many young people are liberals, because they are broke and empathize with the world.

After they go off and start making money and see how much is being taken, many become republicans ;)

Back