Exxon record profits

Exxon with help from the Bush administration in the form of tax breaks, subsidies, wars, and who knows what else, racked up record profits.

This is low-brow blather - the federal government subsidizes all kinds of business, but they don't perform like Exxon, eg, Amtrak is a perennial money loser. The "war" stuff isjust pure idiot-level defamation. 50% of Exxon's stock is owned by ordinary mutual funds - and there's where the money went - to the americans who are winners.

Werbung:
Someone I know inherited scads of Exxon and WalMart stock from her father's estate. It's difficult to watch her lay back eating grapes while the common folk are scratching around in garbage cans.

Exxon sells a legal product.
People buy the product.
Exxon makes a profit from the sale of said legal product.

What's the problem, other than jealousy from those not making as much as Exxon is making?

Here's the solution - stop buying their product if you can't stand the fact that they're making tons of money and you're not.

Exxon, and the rest of the petroleum companies still have a profit margin in the range of 10% exactly as they always have. If the American public hadn't been so dumbed down, they might be able to grasp the economic truth of the matter rather than the divisive propaganda fed to them by the left and the media.

Exxon, and the rest of the petroleum companies still have a profit margin in the range of 10% exactly as they always have. If the American public hadn't been so dumbed down, they might be able to grasp the economic truth of the matter rather than the divisive propaganda fed to them by the left and the media.

Why don't you go live in cuba or north korea? There are no corporations and no profits - wouldn't that be heaven for a lib? :)

Exxon, Schmexxon, who cares! All I know is my car doesn't go very far on my gas budget. Somebody is getting rich-arooni and it ain't me. I am going to hitch my dog up to my wheel barrow, dangle a can of Alpo on a pole, and get to work that way. :cool:

Exxon, Schmexxon, who cares! All I know is my car doesn't go very far on my gas budget. Somebody is getting rich-arooni and it ain't me. I am going to hitch my dog up to my wheel barrow, dangle a can of Alpo on a pole, and get to work that way. :cool:

You can thank the Democrats for that.

I actually blogged on this very topic today. Since prices are rising and the house is putting on this dog and pony show with the Big Oil Executives, I think it's time for Big Oil to take off the gloves and educate the public. These Big Oil companies do not set the price and they are certainly not the profiters.

http://conservativepolitics.today.com/2008/05/22/oh-if-i-could-be-a-big-oil-executive-for-one-day/

Werbung:
Back