Favorite War Movie?

Werbung:
Haha this is going to show my true colors, but my favorite war movie of all time is M*A*S*H. The one with Donald Sutherland.

it's an American film, but it's about the crew of a German U-boat.

Ah, okay. In return I would recommend the German film "Der Untergang," which is about the final days of Hitler in the bunker. Bruno Ganz's portrayal of Hitler is...horrifyingly accurate. Just so you're warned, it's subtitled - but personally, I think that enhances the experience. It just isn't the Nazis if they aren't speaking German.

my top 6

The Bridge Over The River Kwaai

We Were Soldiers

Apocolypse Now

Tora Tora Tora

Saving Private Ryan

Full Metal Jacket

For a study of men in battle,I would recomend "12 o'clock High",with Gregory Peck.

For the action sequences,its "Saving Private Ryan"

THE GREAT ESCAPE is my fav war movie....

There are some others i like but not like that one.

This thread has been long dead, but I would be happy to revive it.
For me, a few of my favorites, some previously mentioned.

Full Metal Jacket
Saving Private Ryan
Patton
Thin Red Line

I havent seen all of it, but the miniseries on HBO Generation Kill might be right up there as well.
To be very much included and probably actually in my top three would be the Band Of Brothers series.

Despite it being a mini-series...
I would also nominate Band of Brothers. Amazing history that Charlie company went through.
Also, I have only seen parts of another series on HBO here called Generation Kill, but there might be some worthy mentioning there. So far it is one of the only movies about the Iraq invasion out there. And done from the interesting standpoint of an inbedded reporter with American forces from Rolling Stone.

No it is U571.

You know the film where Hollywood had to change history to make it look the the Americans found the Enigma code machine in WW2.

It demonstrates perfectly how ****ed up Americans are and how they can only take history if it makes the US look good.

That is why they cannot accept that Bush is a war criminal and that the US is the most dangerous country on earth.

Werbung:
Bunz, we had an absolute peach of a documentary series about our lads in A'stan, "Ross Kemp In Afghanistan". Normally Ross Kemp is a bit of an idot - kindda "screen hardman" that sort of malarchy BUT this series was absolutely brilliant and highly aclaimed.

(Pssssssst you can grab it on Piratesbay - but don't tell anyone I said that though!!!)

Back