Federal Election July 2nd

Three more seats have been awarded to The liberals after more counting of postal votes. The liberal party need to win each of the remaining seats to have a one seat majority. This is possible because postal votes usually go to the more conservative party. But it is still long odds.
The drama us electric !!!

Werbung:
The Liberals now have 73 votes Labor 66, Greens 1 Independents 4 with undecided 6. The liberals need three more seats to govern in their own right, They are leading in one other seat but at least three other seats are too close to call.
Even if the Liberals do not get the 76 seats needed to govern in their own right, they have made a deal with at least one independent to govern with his support .
This will give them control of the lower house. However they will still be a minority in the Senate.

The Liberals now have 73 votes Labor 66, Greens 1 Independents 4 with undecided 6. The liberals need three more seats to govern in their own right, They are leading in one other seat but at least three other seats are too close to call.
Even if the Liberals do not get the 76 seats needed to govern in their own right, they have made a deal with at least one independent to govern with his support .
This will give them control of the lower house. However they will still be a minority in the Senate.
So much more fun there.
And fine job with the play by play Aus !

The Newspapers now say Liberal Malcoln Turnbull can now govern as he has the support of three independents.
He still has 74 seats but thinks he can pick two or three of the six remaining doubtful seats. So could govern in his own right in the lower House

The Labor Opposition Leader Bill Shorten has conceded defeat. Malcolm Turnbull has claim victory with at least 74 seats but hoping to get 76.

The Labor Opposition Leader Bill Shorten has conceded defeat. Malcolm Turnbull has claim victory with at least 74 seats but hoping to get 76.

I definitely thought it was going to play out that way, although it was a LOT closer than I expected.

What's happening with the seat situation? 76 is what's required for a majority and I haven't seen much of an update on news.com.au about them getting to that!

76 Seats is enough to get a majority in the lower House after appointing a speaker. It will help if some of the five independents support the government.
But the biggest hurdle will be getting legislation passed in the Senate . There may be 19 independents and minoe parties. Labor will not passed much Liberal legisilation. So it will still be very hard.

76 Seats is enough to get a majority in the lower House after appointing a speaker. It will help if some of the five independents support the government.
But the biggest hurdle will be getting legislation passed in the Senate . There may be 19 independents and minoe parties. Labor will not passed much Liberal legisilation. So it will still be very hard.
Remind me which factions are for and against climate change government control please. I can't ever tell based on the names.

Dogtower, While both major parties have policies to combat climate change. Labor is far stronger. They might even support EPS or Carbon Tax. The strange thing is the Prime Minister as an individual supported Carbon Tax . Now the paryt he leads is oppose to it.

Dogtower, While both major parties have policies to combat climate change. Labor is far stronger. They might even support EPS or Carbon Tax. The strange thing is the Prime Minister as an individual supported Carbon Tax . Now the paryt he leads is oppose to it.
Well I suppose it's difficult to achieve total purity. Certainly is here.

The Last two doubtful seats are being Counted now. One gone to Labor. But in the second the Liberals are leading by a few hundred votes. It they get this they will have 77 seats a lead of two

Now the Problem is what legislation Turnbull can get through the Senate, In one area superannuation reform he may not even have the support of the conservatives in his own party.

Attachments

• P1030492.JPG
    P1030492.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 0
  • P1030491.JPG
    P1030491.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 0
Werbung:
The Liberals are a conservative party. One of their policies was a cut in company tax even to the top earners. There is little chance of that going through with the Greens strong in the Senate. They also want to tax superannuation income for the rich. This might get through the senate if the hard line conservatives in the Liberal Party let it through. There is also a proposal to have a vote on same sex married

This could get through although some prefer it be done by politicians alone.
So the mandate is hard to determine

Back