Final Gaza toll: 960 civilians dead

Legally speaking, when Hamas hides behind civilians, Israel is legally able to continue targeting them and if the civilian dies in the process, it is not illegal.

did I say the word Illegal? though I could, Israel takes many illegal actions as well. But simple fact is , every time Israel attacks they kill far more civilians then fighters, often with clear disregard for civilians...and Hamas gets stronger not weaker...and more are willing to join them. Israel will in the end kill itself.

Werbung:
So this is the "sly" way of admitting that essentially no deaths were caused by the rockets, as opposed to the numerous deaths caused by the invasion?

failing does not make the action less of a act of war...just like attempted murder does not make you a better person then a murder...just you are not as good at what you tried to do.

So this is the "sly" way of admitting that essentially no deaths were caused by the rockets, as opposed to the numerous deaths caused by the invasion?

Numerous deaths brought about by an act of war on the part of Hamas.

Not killing civilians makes the rockets no less an act of war.

did I say the word Illegal? though I could, Israel takes many illegal actions as well. But simple fact is , every time Israel attacks they kill far more civilians then fighters, often with clear disregard for civilians...and Hamas gets stronger not weaker...and more are willing to join them. Israel will in the end kill itself.

This is not always the case. When those you are fighting hide among the population you have every right to continue fighting them, and if civilians die, it is the fault of those that were hiding there.

Further, look at the recent Israeli invasion into Lebanon. After the initial "rally around the flag" moment, Hezbollah has drastically lost public support in Lebanon and in fact many blame them for the problems.

If Israel ends up going away, it will be because of Arab birth rates within Israel, not the notion that Israel is out creating more terrorists, because really they do not create that many.

Werbung:
Sorry I'm late for the answers.
It was our new year...
Who cares if war is "fair"?
People already are arming Hamas. Problem for Hamas is many of the Arab states do not care if they ever get their own state or not. Why on Earth would the US arm them as well?
I won't expect US to do that until it don't believe in fair fight.
And I agree about the problem of ignorant Arab neighbours.

.......that's what Iran is doing, training those peace loving people of Palestine so they can fight and liberate themselves from the nasty blood thirsty Jews..................

Great for Iran as they just feed the hate that they want to spread around the Arab world.
It's not hatred towards jews. It's hatred towards zionism.

You're seriously going to criticize the right of conquest? Have you ever seriously questioned why ARABIC is spoken outside the ARABian peninsula? It's because of conquest. This applies to the Palestinians as well.

I just quoted what the laws say. For those who think Palestinians should have accepted the offers about the lands back in 1948(which were not obligatory) and if they didn't so they deserved the attack.

Land belongs to whoever is able to exercise sovereignty over it. The Palestinians cannot even establish a coherent government over the scrap of land they DO have, why in the world should they have any more, hmm???

And is that the reason Americans killed native indians when they came to America?

Land belongs to whoever has the guns to defend it.

Actualy I can understand why you believe so, but I have a different set of criterions. Here I'm afraid is quite a deep gap in between.

Then it isn't a tragedy that they're dead, is it? Hmm? They started a war they couldn't win and lost. People die in war.
No, not a tragedy for them, especially for those who believe in life after death. But this war didn't really start here. They were in a peace contract which had been vilated numerous times by israel and the surrender had started days before the rockets.
But I call this another tragedy for humanity which will be inscripted in the book of history besides all others.

FYI, their basic needs aren't being met because the thugs they put in power are more interested in diverting their limited national resources to making weapons to fight wars they can't win.

Won't you expect your government to produce weapons if you lived in a city which your enemy's tanks rolled over it's streets and armed soldiers pointing guns out all over the place?

Isreal spends a thousand times more on weapons, why don't israelli civilians starve? just because they have been armed and fed by some friends for years. Worse still you call it a crime if anyone armed hamas and condemn them as terrorists and condemn hamas itself for producing weapons to defend their families' lives and rights. Here I should note that Hamas rockets are quite a new subject in scale to 60 years of war which palestinians have been killed withought no such an excuse, so they did need weapons to defend themselves.

So you are honest about the fact that the Palestinians are too backward and morally bankrupt to fight face to face and instead use human shields? For the explicit purpose of getting useful idiots like Popeye to weep crocodile tears and demand divestment from Israel?

God in heaven, your people are pathetic.

"a group of civilians that double as soldiers when it is convenient. And when they instantly become soldiers when they pick up their weapons, they also instantly become civilians when they drop them."
This is what numinus wrote about hamas in another thread. The point is there is no human shield, and you can't really differentiate from military and non. Even in a more general view kids and women are supposed as military targets, because they are resisting and it is this resistance that makes israel mad. If women and kids didn't support hamas, he would not have resisted one day. So it's not hamas hiding behind them. It is them that are trying to support.
I understand this position because it was the same position here in Iran-Iraq war. If it wasn't for the volunteer soldiers we couldn't have resisted leaving the job to the army. everyone helped. Even those women and children who were bombed at their homes near the border who by not leaving their homes were telling that iran will not give away it's soil.

Forgetting all these I want you to be a bit more logical on this hiding subject. Where should have they gone? they were surrouded from all sides. Do you think there really had been any other battle field than the built areas they could move to without being killed and so getting civillians killed during the move?

Back