UN says Israel shelled Gaza house killing 30

Hobo, I dont disagree, I have long said that niether side is innocent and both have been quite guilty at various times. But in the latest flap, I put blame squarely on Hamas. Israel not only has the right to defend itself, it has a duty to protect its citizens.

Well, Palestine has been under an tight economic embargo from many countries, most importantly the US and Israel. The borders are strictly controlled by Israel and the border guards have dictatorial control over what and who passes in and out of Gaza. You may recall the US stopped all financial aid when Hamas was elected :)rolleyes:more than a little hypocritical for a nation encouraging democracy, ya?)

So what can Palestine do to express its anger and frustration? When you are trapped in a virtual jail, the only thing you can do is throw a heavy object at the guard in the hopes that somebody will recognize the bigger problem. After all, the Palestinians are victims of events over which they had no control. The wisdom of creating an "independent Jewish homeland" smack in the middle of a bunch of Islamic nations seems incredibly naive/ stupid. And on top of that, the UN didn't make any provisions for the indigenous population that lived in the area they so generously gave to the Jews.

Getting back to your original point, the real question is: When is someone going to say, "Hey, building settlements on occupied territory, building walls to keep Palestinians apart from one another, and failing to give an inch in negotiations, is not humane either"? All of these actions don't kill many people so the injustices made by the Israelis seems to go unnoticed.

But shooting toy rockets into Israel justifies massive retaliation? I think a lot more productive response would be for the whole world to tell Israel to negotiate in good faith or loose the $3 billion the US sends to Israel each year to buy military supplies.

I really have lost patients with both sides in this conflict - both sides are to blame 100% of the time.

Werbung:
Werbung:
"...20 July 2006: Israeli Soldiers use civilians as Human Shields in Beit Hanun
Frankly, I couldn't care less about either side, but in all fairness, you should also acknowledge that many of the Palestinian civilian deaths might have been avoided if only the Palestinian militants didn't house their operations in schools, civilian neighborhoods, and mosques. It just doesn't fly to complain about the deaths of those whom were purposely put in harms way. Oh yeah, that wasn't in 2006, it's NOW.

Back