Forbes: Obamacare is working

Every single person in the country already had health care but 46 million did not have insurance (for at least one day).

So yes it is working great if the plan is to make more customers for insurance companies.

cough cough Bull****...

no money, no insurance = no health care...unless its life or death...and then the rest of us pay for it.

but yes that is the point of the plan, to get people to buy insurance so they have covereage..to get preventive care...and to stay out of hospitals...and also is it not the republicans crying about Poor not paying taxes and having no skin in the game..well now they can if they have the ability to get some in ( maybe not all)

Werbung:
The current plan for the uninsured is for them to go to the emergency room, get patched up, skip out on the bill and let the rest of us pay the tab. Meanwhile the "members" of this plan just get patched up, no follow up, no real medical care.

What a great plan.

The current plan for the uninsured is for them to go to the emergency room, get patched up, skip out on the bill and let the rest of us pay the tab. Meanwhile the "members" of this plan just get patched up, no follow up, no real medical care.

What a great plan.

its good enough for the poor, after all , they are worthless..
the Unemployed are lazy
and the min wage is to high , why can't they work for a nickel a hour?

O wait I forgot, we speak for the people not wall street...vote republican.

Paid for by Wall Street against anyone telling us what to do after we screwed up and took your money last time...

no money, no insurance = no health care...unless its life or death...and then the rest of us pay for it.

Plenty of people with no money and no insurance have health care!

Your statement is completely incorrect. Who are these mythical people who don't have health care? Everyone on medicaid (well not really since a lot of them do have money). lots of people on SS (who would also qualify for medicaid if they have no money so they would then have two insurance plans),

And for those who have no money and no insurance and have not applied for medicaid - go apply it is easy. And if they do not apply they still are covered the moment they walk into a hospital.

So you can stop coughing because every single person without money or insurance has health care, every one.

But if you can find any example of any one person at all who does not have health care then post it here:

https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8518&highlight=million+health+care

That thread was opened in Sept of 2009 and to date no one has posted a single example of a person who does not have access to adequate health care one way or another.

Plenty of people with no money and no insurance have health care!

Your statement is completely incorrect. Who are these mythical people who don't have health care?

People with pride, who would rather work at an entry level job than collect government welfare.

People who are trying to start a small business, but don't yet have enough in profits to pay for an individual policy.

People who are unemployed, but still have too many assets to qualify for Medicaid.

There are lots of people who don't have medical care.

People with pride, who would rather work at an entry level job than collect government welfare.

People who are trying to start a small business, but don't yet have enough in profits to pay for an individual policy.

People who are unemployed, but still have too many assets to qualify for Medicaid.

There are lots of people who don't have medical care.

Still wrong.

Every single one of them can walk into any emergency room in the united states and be enrolled in medicaid on the spot if they don't have money to pay.

If the refuse to be enrolled due to pride then they still have access to health care and the rest of us can't be blamed if they don't take advantage of it. I have dental coverage through my insurance but if I don't use it I still have access to it.

Still wrong.

Every single one of them can walk into any emergency room in the united states and be enrolled in medicaid on the spot if they don't have money to pay.

If the refuse to be enrolled due to pride then they still have access to health care and the rest of us can't be blamed if they don't take advantage of it. I have dental coverage through my insurance but if I don't use it I still have access to it.

I don't think it's as easy as all that to get Medicaid. You have to be disabled, or on welfare to qualify. People who have an earned income over a certain amount don't qualify, I don't think. If it were that easy, then no one would need to leave the hospital holding the bag for emergency services, and such services wouldn't be so expensive.

Did you get some guarantee when you were born that no one else got? Are you special in any way?

<<mod edit. No personal insults, please>>

I care more about people in Africa who are being killed daily by their own and the Muslims that you love so dearly, than I do you. Now, please explain your problem with that. After all, I'm sure they are NOT Christians, so you should applaud me.
Lol, what is wrong with you.

Universal health care means both long lines in the E.R. and long waits to get operated on (and thus increasingly likelihood in death/serious illness when needed to be operated on quickly). Furthermore, people will abuse the system and go to the E.R. every time they have, for example, a minor headache or a small cut, and this only further crowds hospitals.

Given that I am fortunate and have always had access to the best health care, I of course see such issues as a pressing concern. HOWEVER, I ADDITIONALLY RECOGNIZE that the majority of Americans are not as lucky as I am, and I greatly sympathize with them. I thus think that the health care system needs to be REFORMED and "affordable" (and reliable) to all Americans. I believe everyone is entitled to adequate health care, and it shouldn't be granted based on how much money you make or what benefits your job grants you. I thus hope that we can come to a "happy medium" to achieve this without A) subjecting ourselves to the concerns with universal health care that I have previously outlined and B) not heaping more debt onto our economy... In essence, we need to somehow find an AFFORDABLE, REALISTIC, AND EFFICIENT form of health care that benefits ALL American people.

I don't think it's as easy as all that to get Medicaid. You have to be disabled, or on welfare to qualify. People who have an earned income over a certain amount don't qualify, I don't think. If it were that easy, then no one would need to leave the hospital holding the bag for emergency services, and such services wouldn't be so expensive.

HI everyone, cant stay long. Wish you all well.

Originally I said that if one could not pay then one could be enrolled in Medicaid instantly. If one has an earned income over a certain amount then one has the money to pay for services and does not need medicaid. If one does not have the money then on can be enrolled regardless of already getting other welfare or not.

What about those who have enough money to pay part of a bill now but become poor as a result of that bill. They will qualify for medicaid as soon as they pay what they can. These are the people who would most benefit from low insurance premiums and it is a crime that congress has done what it has to cause premiums to be higher than they should be. These are the people who would most benefit from lower health costs and it is also a crime that congress has done what it has to cause them to be higher than they should be.

the best way to low costs is effective competition.

Universal health care means both long lines in the E.R. and long waits to get operated on (and thus increasingly likelihood in death/serious illness when needed to be operated on quickly). Furthermore, people will abuse the system and go to the E.R. every time they have, for example, a minor headache or a small cut, and this only further crowds hospitals.

Given that I am fortunate and have always had access to the best health care, I of course see such issues as a pressing concern. HOWEVER, I ADDITIONALLY RECOGNIZE that the majority of Americans are not as lucky as I am, and I greatly sympathize with them. I thus think that the health care system needs to be REFORMED and "affordable" (and reliable) to all Americans. I believe everyone is entitled to adequate health care, and it shouldn't be granted based on how much money you make or what benefits your job grants you. I thus hope that we can come to a "happy medium" to achieve this without A) subjecting ourselves to the concerns with universal health care that I have previously outlined and B) not heaping more debt onto our economy... In essence, we need to somehow find an AFFORDABLE, REALISTIC, AND EFFICIENT form of health care that benefits ALL American people.

If health care is an entitlement then clearly food and housing should also be an entitlement.

In reality none of these should be entitlements. They all should be as inexpensive as possible made more likely by competition without corruption. Likewise jobs should be as plentiful as possible made more likely by competition without corruption.

The reform we need is to make consumers the purchasers of insurance so that they can force insurance companies and health care providers to compete for their business. We need much less political corruption so that we can operate in a fair climate. And we need more jobs also made possible by competityion and justice. This could reduce the number of uninsured to the point that while they can already be completely covered through charity they could be completely covered through charity more easily.

;)
g.gif
[/IMG]

Is Medicaid the same as SSI? If so then it is easy to get it. Both of my brothers, one brother’s girlfriend and their daughter all get SSI for no reason at all except they say they need it. The daughter claims her ankle hurts and has gotten her own checks since she was 12. She is now a 22 year old heroin addict who funds in part her addiction with her SSI. I know parents who are on SSI because they don’t like crowds or because they don’t feel like they could work. I could go on with lists of people I personally know who get 7-9 hundred dollars a month and free medical and food stamps but have no real reason except they can get it so they do. But I am not sure if Medicaid is the same as SSI, if they are different, what is the difference?

Werbung:

Dr who is in favor of waiting till the last min ( often to late) before putting people on goverment health care paid for by tax payers...I mean why help people before they are almost dead?

Back