Germany warns US

bestquality

Germany has warned the US not to try to split Europe into "old" and "new" with its plans to deploy parts of an anti-missile defense system in Poland and the Czech Republic.

In some of the strongest German rhetoric to date on the issue, Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said it is important not to let the US project spark a new arms race in Europe.

"A missile defense system should be neither a cause nor pretext for a new arms race," Steinmeier wrote in a contribution to the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung.

"Our top priority remains disarmament and not an arms buildup. We don't want a new arms race in Europe," he said.

Steinmeier made the statements ahead of a planned meeting with US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Monday in Washington to discuss transatlantic ties. The German defense minister has been one of the strongest European critics of Washington's handling of the missile shield plan.

Last month he delivered an unusual public rebuke to Washington, faulting it for not consulting Russia on a project Moscow sees as an attempt to shift the post-Cold War balance of power. Germany is concerned the issue will cloud its presidency of the EU by highlighting divisions in Europe reminiscent of those that emerged in the run-up to the US invasion of Iraq in 2003.

At that time, Poland, Britain and others backed the invasion while Germany, France and others opposed it.

Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld famously dismissed European countries opposed to the war as "old Europe".

In remarks that appeared aimed at Washington, Steinmeier said, "There is no 'old' and 'new' Europe and nobody should try, based on calculated short-term interests, to create such a split."

Source: http://hasannasrullah.com/hasan nasrullah/germany_warns_us/

http://hasannasrullah.com

Werbung:
They can talk all they want, but when it comes down to it, what are they going to do? Fight us?

I don't know USMC ...I guess there is the possibility of "a strongly worded email" LOL.

Really, the division in Europe was superficial which Rumsfeld tried to project, but there surely is SOME division and it is related to the attitudes toward the EU.

Well I am from Germany,and one can say that we are a country with great economy ( even the best in Europe ). There are quite a few options for Germany to answer the US in case they will install the missls. But apart from that we depend on each other a great deal. So maybe it's for this reason that both of these countries will have to find a diplomatic solution. To my mind Russia will cause more trouble than any other Europe contry could.

well being im in the german Chancellory and a member of theyre Parliment of course i can.........

get real dude Germany is the largest of the E.U. countries
the E.U. is entirely intertwined in the NWO and the PNAC plan for world dominance and World Government

they could create quite a bit of havoc in europe which would invariably send ripples that would reach us and other countries dependent on theyre being "IN LINE" with the world Government plans

Werbung:
USA is Number one ......what?

Number one in incarceration?

number one in violent crime?

number one in political partisanship?

number one in gluttony and greed?

number one in useless culture (hollyweird Americas only culture)?

could you be more specific there God?

Number one in Freedom?

Number one in weaponry ?

Number one in pollution?

Back