good summation of whats wrong here

dogtowner

Staff member
This quote came from the Czech Republic. Someone over there has it figured out.It was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their President. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President."

Werbung:
et al,

Niether President Obama or Candidate Romney are right for the nation. They are politicians and not leaders. Neither is working for the people; but, for the party. Neither is capable of bring the US into the 21st Century, or building a new America.

We need a leader that is going to focus on re-industrializing America with a production capacity that made America strong in the first place. We need a leader that will emphasize and develop a culture deep rooted in the education, making America the new center for science and research - the things that made us a Super Power; and put a man on the moon ---- and not a country where the astronauts have to hitchhike into space and a family has to sell their first born child to finance an education. We need leaders that will tell us the truth, and not fabricate the facts to suit their agenda; men of a party of honesty and integrity. We need to rebuild and repair our national infrastructure, the electrical grid, our water ways, our coast line, and highways; not nation build foreign countries. We need a strong military, but not employ it for nations that really don't appreciate it. We need to ensure that everyone has a job, and that the standard of living goes up; and not a country where college grads are hamberger flipping, where technological wonders are being built every day, and a nation where our energy resources are not held hostage to foreign imports. We need a leader that will work towards building a 21st Century America, and not concentrating on the next election or lining their pockets.

I don't think you will find those qualities in either major party. They are all about money, power, and influence; about themselves and not for the common people.

The more we choose between the lesser of two evils, the longer we will have a leadership that fails us. As Einstein said, it is insane to keep voting for either a Republican or Democrat, over and over again, and expect a different result. We have to do something different, even if it means voting for a completely different party. Heaven knows that even anybody else could not be as bad as our traditional parties have been.

Most Respectfully,
R

et al,

Niether President Obama or Candidate Romney are right for the nation. They are politicians and not leaders. Neither is working for the people; but, for the party. Neither is capable of bring the US into the 21st Century, or building a new America.

We need a leader that is going to focus on re-industrializing America with a production capacity that made America strong in the first place. We need a leader that will emphasize and develop a culture deep rooted in the education, making America the new center for science and research - the things that made us a Super Power; and put a man on the moon ---- and not a country where the astronauts have to hitchhike into space and a family has to sell their first born child to finance an education. We need leaders that will tell us the truth, and not fabricate the facts to suit their agenda; men of a party of honesty and integrity. We need to rebuild and repair our national infrastructure, the electrical grid, our water ways, our coast line, and highways; not nation build foreign countries. We need a strong military, but not employ it for nations that really don't appreciate it. We need to ensure that everyone has a job, and that the standard of living goes up; and not a country where college grads are hamberger flipping, where technological wonders are being built every day, and a nation where our energy resources are not held hostage to foreign imports. We need a leader that will work towards building a 21st Century America, and not concentrating on the next election or lining their pockets.

I don't think you will find those qualities in either major party. They are all about money, power, and influence; about themselves and not for the common people.

The more we choose between the lesser of two evils, the longer we will have a leadership that fails us. As Einstein said, it is insane to keep voting for either a Republican or Democrat, over and over again, and expect a different result. We have to do something different, even if it means voting for a completely different party. Heaven knows that even anybody else could not be as bad as our traditional parties have been.

Most Respectfully,
R
So...
Better a second obama term than Romney? Going 3d party will give us another 4 years of obama and to you that is better than romney?

In a perfect world where people didnt vote D and R I would like someone else too. But we have D and R and the best possible outcome to a 3d party protest vote is another 4 years of D

et al,

well I half agree with you

We need a leader that is going to focus on re-industrializing America with a production capacity that made America strong in the first place.

what would you have us making ? we are uncompetitive over labor costs

We need a leader that will emphasize and develop a culture deep rooted in the education, making America the new center for science and research - the things that made us a Super Power; and put a man on the moon ---- and not a country where the astronauts have to hitchhike into space and a family has to sell their first born child to finance an education.

have to get government out of the education business or at a minimum the unions. then give it two enerations and we can strart to repair that damage.

We need leaders that will tell us the truth, and not fabricate the facts to suit their agenda; men of a party of honesty and integrity.

that would be nice.

We need to rebuild and repair our national infrastructure, the electrical grid, our water ways, our coast line, and highways; not nation build foreign countries.

sounds expensive how you plan to pay for that ?

We need a strong military, but not employ it for nations that really don't appreciate it.

how do you suggest putting the genie back in that bottle ?

We need to ensure that everyone has a job, and that the standard of living goes up; and not a country where college grads are hamberger flipping, where technological wonders are being built every day, and a nation where our energy resources are not held hostage to foreign imports.

you seek a lot but offer no way to accomplish it.

We need a leader that will work towards building a 21st Century America, and not concentrating on the next election or lining their pockets.

you talk more of a 19th century one

same as it ever was

[quoteThe more we choose between the lesser of two evils, the longer we will have a leadership that fails us. As Einstein said, it is insane to keep voting for either a Republican or Democrat, over and over again, and expect a different result. We have to do something different, even if it means voting for a completely different party. Heaven knows that even anybody else could not be as bad as our traditional parties have been.

Most Respectfully,
R[/quote]

the road to this path was not short, any other path away wont be either.

you have a binary choice like it or not. chose wisely.

The reality is that either Obama or Romney will be president of the USA for the next four years. The reality is that the Congress is unlikely to change much during that time. The reality is that there isn't a lot of substantive difference between the two presidential candidates. The reality is that the federal government has been growing under both parties for decades, and shows no sign of slowing down, let alone returning to a truly limited government.

That said, it appears that Romney has more fiscal savvy and a better chance of at least slowing the rate of growth of the debt than Obama does. He isn't going to be able to accomplish miracles, may not be able to get much of anything passed by the Congress in fact, but is by a small margin the better of the two candidates.

A couple of interesting things from RoccoR's post above:

We need leaders that will tell us the truth, and not fabricate the facts to suit their agenda; men of a party of honesty and integrity.

but such leaders have a very small chance of getting elected. The candidates who tell people what they want to hear are the ones who win elections.

No, you won't find those qualities in either party. There is, in fact, little difference between the two major parties. and yes, they are all about money, power, and influence; about themselves and not for the common people.

(or the uncommon people either, for that matter)

The Libertarians have a platform of limited government, but little chance of putting that platform into practice.

dogtowner, et al,

Well, let's agree, it will not be easy.

well I half agree with you
(COMMENT)

I realize I'm a little harsh. But these are critical times.

what would you have us making ? we are uncompetitive over labor costs
(COMMENT)

We would have to embark upon a "National Competitive Advantage Program" in America. The DOD has a group called the JASONs; a very special think tank to engage monumental problems.

These are Just a few.
  • We need to engage a IMHOTEP Think Tank to help on development.
  • We need to bring together another group of minds on Energy Production. Electrical Energy Production is something that America can become dominant. We need to make so much energy, that the cost of industrial overhead is near free. Giving US industry a production advantage, and dropping the cost to the general public.
  • We need to engage a very serious effort in a fuel, that will replace gasoline and diesel dependent highway freight transports, to lower the cost of freight.
The idea is to bring America together to seriously solve

have to get government out of the education business or at a minimum the unions. then give it two enerations and we can strart to repair that damage.
(COMMENT)

I'm not sure about this. To a degree, I believe that the Government (Federal Level) should not be involved in k-12 Education Management, unless the state level consents. State education funding should be home grown and stay with the state.

Unions, just on past history, should be regulated; or at least observed. There is a great potential for corruption. But to the extent that Unions should not be involved in politics, I agree. Not one dime of Union money should be earmarked for PAC support of lobbyist. Unions are a relationship between the employer and the employees. Government involvement should be at a minimum.

sounds expensive how you plan to pay for that ?
(COMMENT)

US involvement in foreign aid should be completely cut out of the budget. Nation building should be cut from the budget. The use of US Military Forces (foreign military engagements) should be strictly controlled by Congress, with no deployments without an act of war, or under the 90 Day Rule. This money should be diverted to domestic projects. If the US runs a deficit, it should be for domestic means and not foreign.

how do you suggest putting the genie back in that bottle ?
(COMMENT)

The principle problem here is the lack of understanding of foreign policy. Very few people can tell you what our foreign policy is; and how it applies to the use of military force. The US needs to make it clear what that policy is. And the US should never commit forces where there is no exit strategy.

The US needs to gradually withdraw from those regions where the US is not appreciated. Foreign countries should choose their own destiny without interference or intervention from the US. The commitment of US Forces should be a matter of "last resort." The US needs to make it clear that it is not the "World Police."

you seek a lot but offer no way to accomplish it.
(COMMENT)

The list goes on-and-on.
  • The greater the employment, the greater the general revenue is for domestic spending.
  • The better the industrialization in America, the lower the underemployment, the greater the revenue stream, the more we can focus on domestic programs. This money circulates on the streets of the US economy, where there is a return on the investment; not in the streets of Baghdad, Kabul, or Islamabad, where the US is the great evil; where there is no expected return on our investment.
  • Simplifying the Personal Income tax so that everyone pays the same percentage on income, NO Loopholes, increases the revenue stream.
  • Properly taxing capital gains on stock in corporation based on the percentage of the product made in the US. The lower the percentage of material and components made in the US, the higher the tax on the corporate gains.
  • Strict regulation on financial institutions. Bailouts equals Government takeover. Bailouts means jail time for Corporate Officers and Board Members. Stiffer penalties for institutions that sell fraudulent products.
you talk more of a 19th century one
(COMMENT)

I may be! If building a stronger America is a 19th Century concept, then - it is what it is. But what made America strong in the past was its industrial might. We may not need the smoke stacks, but ask yourself about the economy. Are you satisfied?

same as it ever was
(COMMENT)

Yes, this is correct. And anytime we are acquiescent about the honesty, integrity and moral character of the leadership, we loose a bit of America. We need to change the model on which are politicians are based. We can accept the status quo, but then, by default, we accept the performance and outcomes.

the road to this path was not short, any other path away wont be either.
(COMMENT)

No one is saying it will be easy. But it is the right thing to do. A strong and powerful nation doesn't just happen. Someone has to put some work into it. And we need the right leadership to muster the effort.

you have a binary choice like it or not. chose wisely.
(COMMENT)

Yes, at the end of the day, most Americans are going to leave it in the hands of one or the other. But make no mistake, there is another way (false dichotomy). I am not convinced there is one of only two options, when there are other possibilities.

Most Respectfully,
R

Pandora, et al,

This is a choice between the lesser of two evils. Sometimes, individually, we feel the need to go with the devil you know, rather than the devil you don't know.

So...
Better a second obama term than Romney? Going 3d party will give us another 4 years of obama and to you that is better than romney?

In a perfect world where people didnt vote D and R I would like someone else too. But we have D and R and the best possible outcome to a 3d party protest vote is another 4 years of D
(COMMENT)

Sometime, we have to be honest with ourselves about the system and how we feel about the system.

If we play the choice is limited to one of two choices, it is important that we make it know that we are disappointed in both choices; that we have lost faith in the confidence and fidelity of the leadership and the choices offered.

I know here in Ohio, that I want to vote against every incumbent.

Most Respectfully,
R

Pandora, et al,

This is a choice between the lesser of two evils. Sometimes, individually, we feel the need to go with the devil you know, rather than the devil you don't know.

(COMMENT)

Sometime, we have to be honest with ourselves about the system and how we feel about the system.

If we play the choice is limited to one of two choices, it is important that we make it know that we are disappointed in both choices; that we have lost faith in the confidence and fidelity of the leadership and the choices offered.

I know here in Ohio, that I want to vote against every incumbent.

Most Respectfully,
R

Well, I am with you that the system sucks and if the election was for sure going one way or the other I would give my vote to a 3d party as a protest vote too

But realistically the race is pretty tight and as imperfect as Romney is, he is a hell of a lot better than obama

We will still be going in the wrong direction but much much slower and perhaps it will buy us some time to figure out what to do.

But I do respect people feel differently

I wished I had a crystal ball like you all seem to have, to know how Romney is going do if he becomes President. From what I can decipher, is that Romeny and Ryan's objective is to get this economy off the cliff we're about to go over. Considering the huge mess we are in, if they could accomplish just that one thing in four years, I would consider that a near miracle.

I wished I had a crystal ball like you all seem to have, to know how Romney is going do if he becomes President. From what I can decipher, is that Romeny and Ryan's objective is to get this economy off the cliff we're about to go over. Considering the huge mess we are in, if they could accomplish just that one thing in four years, I would consider that a near miracle.

People know what they have with Obama--lies, communist direction, delusions of grandeur of a maniac with a Messianic-Napoleonic complex that is almost too vast to fathom. And--who it is now proven without a doubt--is profoundly stupid.

Romney--could not be any worse, for sure, and he deserves a chance.

And--you might not have to ever hear the shrill, apoplectic and tourette's screeds of "Little Debbie" Wasserman Schultz. She can go back to manufacturing cellophane-wrapped gooey cookies.

Werbung:
And--you might not have to ever hear the shrill, apoplectic and tourette's screeds of "Little Debbie" Wasserman Schultz. She can go back to manufacturing cellophane-wrapped gooey cookies.

DWS is disgusting. If she were a Republican I would want her out of the party. She's like the male version of Alan Grayson who was voted out in 2010. DWS's district was redrawn and there are more Republicans this time. Harrington, her opponent, has repeatedly called for her to release her tax returns, which she has refused to do, while hammering Romney to release his. I don't understand how these hypocrites and liars get away with what they do.

Back