Government dependence hits record

Well, then this whole thing is settled science then, isn't it?

Good to know you know all the wealthy and exactly how they all act... Now we know a point of contact if we ever want to get in touch with a wealthy person.

Another dumb comment! Can you point out where I said I knew ALL the wealthy and EXACTLY how they ALL act?
Duh!!!

Werbung:
Another dumb comment! Can you point out where I said I knew ALL the wealthy and EXACTLY how they ALL act?
Duh!!!

I'm not playing your liberal shell game. You made it sound as if you were the authority on knowing how the wealthy act because you know/have known some...

Honestly, a load of crap.

All the the rich people that I have ever known/met, usually got that way through their own hard work. And you would deny them the 'spoils' of their work. Others that 'came into' their wealth, have all been hard workers as well, mostly doing charity work, heading up programs for the poor/disadvantaged, and putting in a lot of hours.

Remind us all again who exactly is going to go out there and do such charity work once you have the government STEAL all the wealth from the wealthy, and they have to stop doing that and get a job?

Yeah...... that's what I thought....

I'm not playing your liberal shell game. You made it sound as if you were the authority on knowing how the wealthy act because you know/have known some...

Honestly, a load of crap.

All the the rich people that I have ever known/met, usually got that way through their own hard work. And you would deny them the 'spoils' of their work. Others that 'came into' their wealth, have all been hard workers as well, mostly doing charity work, heading up programs for the poor/disadvantaged, and putting in a lot of hours.

Remind us all again who exactly is going to go out there and do such charity work once you have the government STEAL all the wealth from the wealthy, and they have to stop doing that and get a job?

Yeah...... that's what I thought....

Well, so YOU are the person who knows ALL the wealthy and how they EXACTLY act?
Why didn't you say so immediately?

This whole silly argument started with Doggie stating that "if I knew any rich people . . . "

And. . .I just informed him that, yes. . . I certainly know a few! In fact I live in a community of quite wealthy people!

So. . .take it as you wish, not skin off my back! ;)

But just in case you are even a little tiny bit interested in factual information. . .like renown research on income and wealth. . .here is a quote:

From "Who Rules America" by Professor G. Domhoff

We also need to distinguish wealth from income. Income is what people earn from work, but also from dividends, interest, and any rents or royalties that are paid to them on properties they own. In theory, those who own a great deal of wealth may or may not have high incomes, depending on the returns they receive from their wealth, but in reality those at the very top of the wealth distribution usually have the most income. (But it's important to note that for the rich, most of that income does not come from "working": in 2008, only 19% of the income reported by the 13,480 individuals or families making over $10 million came from wages and salaries. See Norris, 2010, for more details.)

Who Rules America? Power, Politics, & Social Change

www2.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/
by G. William Domhoff. Who Rules America?, the book upon which this website is based, presents detailed original information on how power and politics ...

Well, so YOU are the person who knows ALL the wealthy and how they EXACTLY act?

Never even suggested such a thing... you did. How about once in a while you, i dunno, take responsibility for the words you use?

But just in case you are even a little tiny bit interested in factual information. . .like renown research on income and wealth. . .here is a quote:

Duh.

Money makes money. Interest rates on big money makes more money. That does not mean that rich people sit around doing nothing that you would consider work. How about you take a step back and fill us in on who is going to do all the great charity/philanthropist work once you STEAL all their wealth?

Never even suggested such a thing... you did. How about once in a while you, i dunno, take responsibility for the words you use?

Duh.
Following your silly comment about my knowing ALL the wealthy people, etc. . , I asked you to show me where or when I said I knew all wealthy people and how everyone acted.

You chose not to answer (obviously, since you couldn't show me) and instead informed me that YOU knew wealthy people, and that ALL of them were hard workers.

so, from that, I concluded that you were talking about yourself having all that specific knowedge about wealthy people.

Now, who doesn't take responsibility for his own word?

And no one denies that it is a lot easier to make your tenth million dollars than your first, or even your first $100,000!

That, in fact is the point! Multi millionaires and billionaires do NOT work harder than a regular worker, and in addition, they benefit from all those loop holes and all those tax breaks that the average tax payer cannot access, therfore multiplying many times over the fact that money begets money!

And THAT is what needs to be changed!

I have yet to see you post anything that comes close to individual thought, or that might show there is actual electrical activity inside your skull.

Quit the extremist blogs and the childish responses and learn how to think and respond.

I love the way the rich have suckered you people

They have all but destroyed the US economy and poor people like you have to bail them out

Your support of that is proof positive of your absolute gullibility Arbopa

Don't worry though turkey, it'll soon be Xmas

When you can put together a cognitive thought, that is not based on the rants of a left wing talking head, feel free to let us know and maybe somebody will pay attention to what you have to say. Until then you are wasting your keystrokes.

It is BECAUSE I know (and have known) wealthy people that I know how many of them act, and how they spend their days.

Your stating that my assertions re: taxes is wrong doesn't make it so.

Obviously supply and demand goes hand in hand, DUH!

But the difference is that you are a supply side believer, and I am a demand side believer. You believe that it makes sense to cut tax for the wealthy because they would then "create jobs" and thus there would be more work available, less unemployment, and thus people would have more money and would spend more creating more demand.

I believe that, UNLESS the demand exists, there is no need to create more products, therefore there is no need to hire more people to create those products, and it doesn't matter how much money you throw at the "supposed job creators," they will not create jobs!

You believe in "trickle down" economy, and I believe that a healthy economy doesn't come from a minority of wealthy people sprinkling a little of their wealth down, but from a large majority of poor and middle class people having enough money to meet their survival needs first, and then their "wants" which then creaetes the demand for more products, and leads to more employments which ALSO benefits the wealthy.

well we see how well yours and BO's demand side program works in stark contrast to JFK etal.

didn't bother to hit the link regarding taxes did you ? IRS sourced data prove the point.

do you think Buffett sits aroiund eating caviar and sipping martinis all day ? the new rich may after retirement and why shouldn 't they ? the very wealthy people I know do not retire. mainly because they understand the role they play in the lives of so very many people who benefit from the prosperity they have created. nor do they move to golf communities.

I simply just disagree with the conservative posters on this thread. I believe that unless you are disabled or you are a college student you should be working. I just don't understand why the American worker should support a wealthy class of people who inherited their money and do not work.

I simply very strongly believe in the work ethic. I believe that everyone should get up in the morning and go to a job, unless they are disabled or studying. I see no reason why rich people should not get up in the morning and go to work just like everyone else.

I do not believe that trading in derivatives and ruining the economy in the process is a real job. Eating caviar and drinking champagne on the taxpayers dime (bailouts) is not a job description either. All I'm saying is that the rich people need to get a job. Maybe they can flip hamburgers.

I fail to understand these right-wingers who call unemployed Americans lazy and then become upset when someone suggests that everyone should have the right to a job. To me that seems hypocritical.

In addition, it seems hypocritical to call unemployed Americans lazy and then defend the "right" of rich billionaires who inherited their money to sit around and do nothing while other people work.

Unemployed Americans are not lazy. They want work! The sad fact the capitalists like unemployment. That way, they can make their workers slave away for less money.

There is also the matter of taxes. I think it's time for the rich people and the big corporations to start paying taxes. It's just absolutely scandalous that the rich people and the big corporations are not paying any taxes. They are freeloaders.
HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY? First let me say it's not the money..I got caught poaching alligators in Florida at 16, and the day of my sevententh birthday I was on my way to Paris Island South Carolina for a four year all expense paid vacation.(The judge thought it was a good idea)To make a very long story short I came out and went into the construction business, and God has blessed me..For the past seventeen years in taxes i've paid in the six figures and donated as much to the charities of my choice..HOW MUCH? please tell me.

well we see how well yours and BO's demand side program works in stark contrast to JFK etal.

didn't bother to hit the link regarding taxes did you ? IRS sourced data prove the point.

do you think Buffett sits aroiund eating caviar and sipping martinis all day ? the new rich may after retirement and why shouldn 't they ? the very wealthy people I know do not retire. mainly because they understand the role they play in the lives of so very many people who benefit from the prosperity they have created. nor do they move to golf communities.

What are you talking about Kennedy for? If I remember correctly, he didn't inherit a huge deficit and a huge ecnomic crisis, and he didn't have to face a vitriolic GOP and a global economic slow down.

Look at the tax under Reagan. . .and observe when the unemployment started to go down.

Buffett is one of those multi millionaire who keeps somewhat busy. . . and also believes that people like him SHOULD pay more taxes. So. . once again, what are you up to with Buffett?

And. . .the reason the VERY wealthy do not NEED to retire, is because they are basically never working. . . unless you call meeting on the golf course, cocktail parties, and excursions on private yacht where business is discussed among "good old boy" WORKING.

Trust me. .I am surrounded with wealthy people (the lower branch of the 1%. . .Generals, surgeons, executives from Whirlpool and from Exxon) who DID retire. . . and are enjoying their 5 days of week golf games, and their twice a year cruises.

And, guess what. . .they don't care anything about "what they left behind," except, of course, for the dividends and the pensions they get!

What are you talking about Kennedy for? If I remember correctly, he didn't inherit a huge deficit and a huge ecnomic crisis, and he didn't have to face a vitriolic GOP and a global economic slow down.

JFK used lowering taxes to spur growth making him a supply sider.

Look at the tax under Reagan. . .and observe when the unemployment started to go down.

during his time and thereafter, he had much to overcome

Buffett is one of those multi millionaire who keeps somewhat busy. . . and also believes that people like him SHOULD pay more taxes. So. . once again, what are you up to with Buffett?

somewhat... funny. he knows he'll never pay any more but that many small business (his competition) will.

And. . .the reason the VERY wealthy do not NEED to retire, is because they are basically never working. . . unless you call meeting on the golf course, cocktail parties, and excursions on private yacht where business is discussed among "good old boy" WORKING.

funny

Trust me. .I am surrounded with wealthy people (the lower branch of the 1%. . .Generals, surgeons, executives from Whirlpool and from Exxon) who DID retire. . . and are enjoying their 5 days of week golf games, and their twice a year cruises.

none of them particularly wealthy although they, like Mr Open did nicely for themselves mostly working for someone else (given your list ther surgeons may have worked fr themselves). and I'm glad they are enjoying their golden years, they earned it.

And, guess what. . .they don't care anything about "what they left behind," except, of course, for the dividends and the pensions they get!

because they left nothing behind.

consider Steve Jobs who very literally worked til he died. he sure didn't need the money.

JFK used lowering taxes to spur growth making him a supply sider.

during his time and thereafter, he had much to overcome

somewhat... funny. he knows he'll never pay any more but that many small business (his competition) will.

funny

none of them particularly wealthy although they, like Mr Open did nicely for themselves mostly working for someone else (given your list ther surgeons may have worked fr themselves). and I'm glad they are enjoying their golden years, they earned it.

because they left nothing behind.

consider Steve Jobs who very literally worked til he died. he sure didn't need the money.

I'm glad to be so entertaining to you!

But you haven't posted anything very convincing!

So. . .I'll leave it at that. I don't want to stretch you! ;):)

Werbung:

If you repeat a lie often enough, it does NOT become true, no matter what your talking heads tell you.

Back