Had enough of obamanomics?

OK. Lets compare. GW

had a terrorist attack with 3,000+ lives lost

So Bush is to blame for 9/11?

turned job growth into job losses,

Where are your hard numbers on this?

started a mild recession,

The downturn started in March 2001 and ended in November 2001. You are saying that Bush took office in Jan of 2001 and by March had somehow created a recession? What are you basing this on?

acted to extend & expand that recession, and

He responded with a stimulus...isn't a stimulus what Obama is claiming "saved" the economy?

prepared to attack the wrong country.

I won't disagree here.

All in his first two years. This compares favorably with Obama in what way?

Well, a lot of your comments are misleading, or based on nothing...that aside, did we elect Obama to compare him to Bush, or to ask him to lead?

Werbung:

The downturn started in March 2001 and ended in November 2001. You are saying that Bush took office in Jan of 2001 and by March had somehow created a recession? What are you basing this on?

He responded with a stimulus...isn't a stimulus what Obama is claiming "saved" the economy?

I won't disagree here.

Well, a lot of your comments are misleading, or based on nothing...that aside, did we elect Obama to compare him to Bush, or to ask him to lead?

OH. . . I guess I misunderstood previous posts. . .I thought you DIDN't elect Obama!

So, the recession that started in March after Bush took office is not Bush's fault, . . .but the recession that started in August, BEFORE Bush left office is Obama's fault?

Hard number about the loss of jobs during the Bush presidency? Are you familiar with the "bikini graph?" You may want to check it. If you need it, I'll provide a proper link.

Well, obviously, HIS type of stimulus (leaving more money in the wealthiest people's pocket) didn't work at all, now, did it? Actually, it took us to the current recession!

Yes, we elected Obama to get away from Bush's "so good to big business and the wealthy" policies and from his "let's start a new war someplace, that should get the economy going and get the whole country united around me, the President who wasn't REALLY elected!"

In view of the mess Obama walked in, he is doing pretty well! I haven't hear ANYONE provide an alternative of what THEY would have done to resolve the mess, not even McCain or Palin!

I won't disagree here.

OH. . . I guess I misunderstood previous posts. . .I thought you DIDN't elect Obama!

So, the recession that started in March after Bush took office is not Bush's fault, . . .but the recession that started in August, BEFORE Bush left office is Obama's fault?

Hard number about the loss of jobs during the Bush presidency? Are you familiar with the "bikini graph?" You may want to check it. If you need it, I'll provide a proper link. Oh well, here is the link!
www.businessinsider.com/chart-of-the-day-jobs-lost-in-the-bush-an...

Well, obviously, HIS type of stimulus (leaving more money in the wealthiest people's pocket) didn't work at all, now, did it? Actually, it took us to the current recession!

Yes, we elected Obama to get away from Bush's "so good to big business and the wealthy" policies and from his "let's start a new war someplace, that should get the economy going and get the whole country united around me, the President who wasn't REALLY elected!"

In view of the mess Obama walked in, he is doing pretty well! I haven't hear ANYONE provide an alternative of what THEY would have done to resolve the mess, not even McCain or Palin!

Obama is certainly the President. ;)

So, the recession that started in March after Bush took office is not Bush's fault, . . .but the recession that started in August, BEFORE Bush left office is Obama's fault

I never blamed the recession on Obama. I fault some of his policies for making it worse in my opinion, but the recession itself is certainly not Obama's fault.

Hard number about the loss of jobs during the Bush presidency? Are you familiar with the "bikini graph?" You may want to check it. If you need it, I'll provide a proper link. Oh well, here is the link!
www.businessinsider.com/chart-of-the-day-jobs-lost-in-the-bush-an...

That link did not work, but I am not interested in the overall numbers for Bush's presidency. I am interested in a snapshot of the first two years only. PL stated that Bush turned job growth into job loss..I would like to see the support.

That is simply not true...in fact, in his 2008 stimulus the "rich" did not get any "stimulus" money under Bush.

From MSNBC:
Rebates are to go out beginning in May to taxpayers and low-income people, including seniors living off of Social Security and veterans who depend on disability checks. Businesses would get tax breaks for investing in new plants and equipment.

Most taxpayers will receive a check of up to $600 for individuals and $1,200 for couples from the Internal Revenue Service, with an additional $300 per child. People earning at least $3,000 and those who owe little or no taxes would get $300 for singles, $600 for couples. Those making more than $75,000 and couples with income exceeding $150,000 are to get smaller rebates — $50 less per $1,000 they make over those thresholds.

In terms of 2001, the Treasury sent “advanced payment” checks of $300 to single tax filers and $600 for joint filers...aka he sped up rebate checks for taxpayers.

Obama has not furthered wars...or supported big business? That is news to me. As for Bush not really being elected, I hope you are joking in such a comment.

If Obama stated on Jan. 21, 2009 that his "recovery" would mean an additional 3-4 trillion in debt, unemployment over 9%, and no plan to contain spending at all...would anyone have supported that?

Obama is certainly the President. ;)

Good. . .I guess that mean he won without your assistance, but that you at least recognize that he is President.

I never blamed the recession on Obama. I fault some of his policies for making it worse in my opinion, but the recession itself is certainly not Obama's fault.

I always new you were a fair person, even when it goes against your ideology. But I disagree that Obama made it worse. . .and I believe you know better also! What didn't help is all the really bad press he got, and that led to psychological uncertainty through fearmongering.
Actually, the recovery may be slow and weak, but it is happening. . .no thanks to the fearmongers at Fox News and in the GOP! As I said before, people who were gutsy enough to state that their priority was to make Obama fail. . .even before he was sworn in, have done everything they could, even put their country in jeopardy, to make Obama fail. . .but they are failing!

That link did not work, but I am not interested in the overall numbers for Bush's presidency. I am interested in a snapshot of the first two years only. PL stated that Bush turned job growth into job loss..I would like to see the support.

Come on, BigRob. .I know that if you had plugged in "Bikini Graph" in your search engine, you would have found about 15 links that would have worked! I admit, I'm not great with technology (must be my grandma status!), but even I can find many links just by plugging in "Bikini Graph!"

And. . .the bikini graph may not refer to the first 2 years of Bush's presidency, but if we want a "fair competition" between Obama's achievements and Bush's achievements. . .we would HAVE to give Obama 8 full years! And I know that's not what you want!

That is simply not true...in fact, in his 2008 stimulus the "rich" did not get any "stimulus" money under Bush.

You're kidding, right? You mean that the owner of those contracting firms who were given contracts to fix roads, fix bridges, etc. . .are not rich???

You mean to tell me that the owner of all those car ownerships who were able to dump their stock of cars because of the "junker" stimulus are poor people?

So. . . only people making under $100,000 got a stimulus of any kind?

I don't think sooooo!!!! Unless, obviously, you are ONLY talking about the "tax rebates" which is a minimal part of the stimulus (signed by Bush, by the the way. . .so it's not really Obama's stimulus to begin with!)

From MSNBC:
Rebates are to go out beginning in May to taxpayers and low-income people, including seniors living off of Social Security and veterans who depend on disability checks. Businesses would get tax breaks for investing in new plants and equipment.

Most taxpayers will receive a check of up to $600 for individuals and $1,200 for couples from the Internal Revenue Service, with an additional $300 per child. People earning at least $3,000 and those who owe little or no taxes would get $300 for singles, $600 for couples. Those making more than $75,000 and couples with income exceeding $150,000 are to get smaller rebates — $50 less per $1,000 they make over those thresholds.

Obama has not furthered wars...or supported big business? That is news to me. As for Bush not really being elected, I hope you are joking in such a comment.

NO. He has not furthered wars. He has follow a track to get us out of that ridiculous and very expensive Iraq war, and he has followed it (although, prior to November 2, 2008, McCain and Republicans were using fear mongering stating that Obama would cut and run and make us losers in the eyes of the world!. .but NOW, you are looking at Obama's logical, pragmatic, and careful withdrawal as a negative?)

There has been fewer American death in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and the cost of both wars has gone down. What do you want? Fly our troops in the dark of the night, like McCain predicted Obama would do???

If Obama stated on Jan. 21, 2009 that his "recovery" would mean an additional 3-4 trillion in debt, unemployment over 9%, and no plan to contain spending at all...would anyone have supported that?

Well, it depends. . .what was the alternative? NO ONE has come up with an alternative that would have worked better! By the way, the 3-4 trillion additional debt, INCLUDE the stimulus signed by Bush. . .so don't put that on Obama's door step!

It also include the continued Bush tax cuts. . .which were forced down Obama's throat! (and which I still disaprove off!).

Hand on to your fairness. Big Rob. . .

"Teabaggers" (I guess you still get a kick out of that?) were judging his actions over the first two years. If you want to draw a comparison to Bush, you have to compare over the same time frame in office.
Agreed!!

By the same token (and, you might try to explain this to the Teabaggers), comparing the Obama Presidency...to the Bush II Presidency...can't be done (accurately) until Obama has finished his Second Term.​

Agreed!!

By the same token (and, you might try to explain this to the Teabaggers), comparing the Obama Presidency...to the Bush II Presidency...can't be done (accurately) until Obama has finished his Second Term.​

You can easily compare the first two years...

You can easily compare the first two years...

NO you can't! Bush came in with a surplus. . .Obama came in with a deficit.
Bush got a big boost in popularity from 9/11, because everyone rallied around the presidency due to 9/11
Obama was criticized mercilessly even before he was sworn in!

Bush's election was decided by the Supreme Court, not by the people. Obama was dully elected by the people.

Be realistic. There is NO comparison.

And. . .

Bush got a big boost in popularity from 9/11, because everyone rallied around the presidency due to 9/11

Bush's election was decided by the Supreme Court, not by the people. Obama was dully elected by the people.

And. . .

If we can draw no comparisons because of varying circumstances during each Presidency then we can never really compare Presidents.

I don't disagree with your premise, but to draw comparisons you do have to overlook some of these things.

Not to mention, Bush came in with a projected surplus, not an actual surplus.

If we can draw no comparisons because of varying circumstances during each Presidency then we can never really compare Presidents.

I don't disagree with your premise, but to draw comparisons you do have to overlook some of these things.

I wouldn't disagree if the circumstances were fairly similar. . .not diametrically opposed.

I still say, how can you compare a presidency started in the best of terms, and one started in the worse of terms?

Sorry, Rob, I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one! :)

Hey....C'MON!!!!

At least The Idiot Son wasn't a COMMUNITY-ORGANIZER!!!! :eek:

There's something to be said, for Momentum.....

....until you encourage some C-student to give-away-the-Store.

eusa_doh.gif

Werbung:
There's something to be said, for Momentum.....

There is also something to be said for facing reality and realizing that circumstances change, and ten year surplus estimates are hardly worth the paper they are written on.

....until you encourage some C-student to give-away-the-Store.

eusa_doh.gif

What kind of grades did Obama make?

Back