Happy Memorial Day

Gipper

Monday is Memorial Day, that exceptional day of each year all Patriots reserve to formally honor the service and sacrifice of generations of uniformed Patriots now departed -- Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen who honored their sacred oaths "to support and defend" our Constitution and the liberty it enshrines.

In this era, however, our "progressive" academic institutions choose not to teach genuine history or civics. Consequently, many Americans have no sense of reverence or obligation for the liberty they enjoy. Indeed, many will "celebrate" Memorial Day as any other holiday, with barbecues, beer, and commercial sales at local malls. Simply put, they have sold out Memorial Day.

Etched into the base of the Iwo Jima Memorial in our nation's capital are the words of Adm. Chester Nimitz, his timeless tribute to the Marines who fought so valiantly there during World War II: "Uncommon valor was a common virtue." Such valor has attended every conflict involving American Patriots.

Not to be confused with men of such virtue, last week, Barack Hussein Obama addressed the graduating class at the United States Military Academy. His minions brokered Obama's appearance before the latest Corps (pronounced "core", not "corpse") of Cadets in the Long Gray Line, in an effort to burnish his thin veneer as "Commander in Chief" of our Armed Forces.

Obama used the occasion to dress up his strategy of appeasement.

In other years, men of somewhat greater stature have addressed the USMA, perhaps the most memorable being General Douglas MacArthur, who delivered his address on "Duty, Honor and Country," without the assistance of teleprompters, or even notes.

His words immortalize the spirit of all American Patriots who have served our nation in uniform:http://patriotpost.us/document/macarthurs-farewell-speech-to-west-point/
2010-05-27-alexander.jpg

"[L]et us make a vow to our dead. Let us show them by our actions that we understand what they died for. Strengthened by their courage, heartened by their valor, and borne by their memory, let us continue to stand for the ideals for which they lived and died." --Ronald Reagan at Pointe du Hoc, 1984

I invite you to view these Memorial Day tributes at the Patriot YouTube Channel. Remember also that all purchases from the Patriot Shop support our Mission of Service to our Armed Forces. Permission to reprint, granted.

Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus et Fidelis!

http://patriotpost.us/alexander/2010/05/27/in-memoriam-american-patriots/

Werbung:
Excellent reminder of what Memorial Day really means.

Having just gotten home from driving the freeway, I was beginning to wonder if people were trying to join those fallen soldiers.

But it really should be a time to remember those veterans who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Great post Gipper, Everyone I know was talking about BBQ's and stuff like that. My daughter is in a memorial day soccer ternament. Seems really silly if you think about it.

We should get back to the real meaning!

Well said Gipper! God Bless our soldiers and the families of those that have lost their lives for our safety and freedoms. Be in prayer for our soldiers, I myself have family that will be leaving in 3 weeks to serve.

My long time best friend is a former Marine. And his son Scottie (Staff Sergeant Army Ranger) just recently got back safely from his 4th tour... one in Kuwait, two in Iraq and his last one in Afghanistan.

We're so glad he made it home safe to his wife & 2 little girls... and we remember all of those who didn't.

Salute!

2010-05-31-brief.jpg

"At countless funerals and memorial services for those who lost their lives in the service of our country, I hear the question, 'Why is such a good young person taken from us in the prime of life?' Plato, the Greek philosopher, apparently sought to resolve the issue by observing, 'Only the dead have seen the end of war.' I prefer to take my solace in the words of Jesus to the Apostle John: 'Father, I will that those you have given me, be with me where I am.' ... Those now in uniform deserve our thanks, for no nation has ever had a better military force than the one we have today. And no accolade to those presently in our country's service is greater than honoring the veterans who preceded them on Memorial Day." --Lt. Col. Oliver North, ret.

2010-05-31-brief.jpg

"At countless funerals and memorial services for those who lost their lives in the service of our country, I hear the question, 'Why is such a good young person taken from us in the prime of life?' Plato, the Greek philosopher, apparently sought to resolve the issue by observing, 'Only the dead have seen the end of war.' I prefer to take my solace in the words of Jesus to the Apostle John: 'Father, I will that those you have given me, be with me where I am.' ... Those now in uniform deserve our thanks, for no nation has ever had a better military force than the one we have today. And no accolade to those presently in our country's service is greater than honoring the veterans who preceded them on Memorial Day." --Lt. Col. Oliver North, ret.

So, Oliver North can say the right things, despite being a traitorous rat.

Werbung:
Back