Harry Reid goes nuclear

Werbung:
It will just backfire for Dems when the R's take the Senate down the road.

great ammunition if the GOP has the wit for it. the string of steps the dems have taken to circumvent the constitution is stunning and with all the dem rhetoric back when the Gop might have done this is just a gift on a platter.

gee so we will have to actually vote on a bill..rather then let Republicans try to add 1000 amendments just to make sure it never gets a vote?

I think you are right.

And since both parties play by the same rules this new weapon will also be used by the other side soon enough.

great ammunition if the GOP has the wit for it. the string of steps the dems have taken to circumvent the constitution is stunning and with all the dem rhetoric back when the Gop might have done this is just a gift on a platter.

I am not sure I would call this move "circumventing the Constitution."

gee so we will have to actually vote on a bill..rather then let Republicans try to add 1000 amendments just to make sure it never gets a vote?

The rules are written as they are for a reason...generally to not totally cut out the minority party. It is quite short sighted to make this change, especially when the D's are in such danger of losing the Senate in 2012.

[] in 2005, Republicans contemplated invoking the nuclear option over a matter of substance — to stop Democrats from using filibusters to delay judicial confirmations. Before that crisis was defused, one Democratic senator railed against the GOP plan as an attempt to trample the rights of the minority, calling it a violation of “the constitutional principles of checks and balances” and declaring, “If there were ever an example of an abuse of power, this is it. The filibuster is the last check we have against the abuse of power in Washington.”

The senator’s name? Harry Reid.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/harry-reids-nuclear-blunder/2011/10/07/gIQAeqtwTL_story.html

[] in 2005, Republicans contemplated invoking the nuclear option over a matter of substance — to stop Democrats from using filibusters to delay judicial confirmations. Before that crisis was defused, one Democratic senator railed against the GOP plan as an attempt to trample the rights of the minority, calling it a violation of “the constitutional principles of checks and balances” and declaring, “If there were ever an example of an abuse of power, this is it. The filibuster is the last check we have against the abuse of power in Washington.”

The senator’s name? Harry Reid.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/harry-reids-nuclear-blunder/2011/10/07/gIQAeqtwTL_story.html

Every statement made by the Left has an expiration date...

swamp-wetlands-tpc-i2925.jpg

Werbung:
Back