Health care reform, page 425

OK, I did a little experimenting. If the text of HR 3200, the house version of health care reform, can be pasted into Word, then the find function can be used to check key words.

So, I tried it.

Word, at least on my computer, is not capable of accepting 1,000 pages of text. The program crashed.

So, I loaded the first 74 pages, and checked them out.

None of the claims have any validity at all, at least not in that part.

My findings:

Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!

Actual text:

(2) COMPLIANCE EXAMINATION AND AUDITS-
(A) IN GENERAL- The commissioner shall, in coordination with States, conduct audits of qualified health benefits plan compliance with Federal requirements. Such audits may include random compliance audits and targeted audits in response to complaints or other suspected non-compliance.
(B) RECOUPMENT OF COSTS IN CONNECTION WITH EXAMINATION AND AUDITS- The Commissioner is authorized to recoup from qualified health benefits plans reimbursement for the costs of such examinations and audit of such QHBP offering entities.

Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!

The word “ration” does not appear in the document.

Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)

There is nothing about any committee on that page of the document at all.

Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
Actual text:

SEC. 142. DUTIES AND AUTHORITY OF COMMISSIONER.
(a) Duties- The Commissioner is responsible for carrying out the following functions under this division:
(1) QUALIFIED PLAN STANDARDS- The establishment of qualified health benefits plan standards under this title, including the enforcement of such standards in coordination with State insurance regulators and the Secretaries of Labor and the Treasury.
(2) HEALTH INSURANCE EXCHANGE- The establishment and operation of a Health Insurance Exchange under subtitle A of title II.
(3) INDIVIDUAL AFFORDABILITY CREDITS- The administration of individual affordability credits under subtitle C of title II, including determination of eligibility for such credits.
(4) ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS- Such additional functions as may be specified in this division.
Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free
healthcare services.

The word “citizen” does not appear in the first 66 pages, not anywhere.

Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.

The only place that the word “card” or the word “identification” appears at all is on page 36. It reads as follows:

‘(D) enable the real-time (or near real-time) determination of an individual’s financial responsibility at the point of service and, to the extent possible, prior to service, including whether the individual is eligible for a specific service with a specific physician at a specific facility, which may include utilization of a machine-readable health plan beneficiary identification card;

Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.

The only place that the words “bank” or “account” appear at all in the first 74 pages is as follows:

(B) SPECIAL ENROLLMENT- The Commissioner shall also provide for special enrollment periods to take into account special circumstances of individuals and employers, such as an individual who--
Obviously, that has nothing to do with bank accounts of individuals.

Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (example: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)

None of the words union, SEIU, UAW or ACORN appear at all in the first 74 pages.

Further, ACORN is not a union.

Conclusion:

The first 74 pages of the document contain nothing even similar to the claims made for that portion of the bill.

It is most unlikely that any other claim made has any validity at all. These claims are nothing short of outright lies and distortions, no doubt being spread around to generate fear and stop the debate about health care reform.

Unless someone else can come up with text from the bill that bears some resemblance to the claims, I’ll stick to that conclusion.

The case is closed, as far as I'm concerned. Unless proven otherwise, all of the anti health care reform claims are bogus.

Werbung:
OK, I did a little experimenting. If the text of HR 3200, the house version of health care reform, can be pasted into Word, then the find function can be used to check key words.

So, I tried it.

Word, at least on my computer, is not capable of accepting 1,000 pages of text. The program crashed.

So, I loaded the first 74 pages, and checked them out.

None of the claims have any validity at all, at least not in that part.

The case is closed, as far as I'm concerned. Unless proven otherwise, all of the anti health care reform claims are bogus.

If you can get in can you post a page?

if it says on page 193 this or that, can you just post the page 193 ? I can not get into it, I crash when I try

I would like to see this page in full if anyone could post it.

Page 430

well being that only one state has legal assisted suicide....it would not make much sense to say anything in the bill about it...I am sure a fair amount of ilegal medical acts are not listed.

Isn't that the biggest Red Herring you ever saw?

The fact that they want the elderly to have a Will so their property is handled the way they want... and have their own chosen instructions as to what to do if they should become incapacitated (known as a living Will)... and the fact they don't specifically say NO ASSISTED SUICIDE even though it's illegal almost everywhere and if it's not then it's not a problem is it...

this all means the government is just wanting to kill you off!:rolleyes:

I wonder... it doesn't specifically say anything about your kids not coming in your hospital room and beating you to death..... OMG THEY WANT CHILDREN TO BE ABLE TO KILL THEIR PARENTS!!!!!:rolleyes:

Isn't that the biggest Red Herring you ever saw?

The fact that they want the elderly to have a Will so their property is handled the way they want... and have their own chosen instructions as to what to do if they should become incapacitated (known as a living Will)... and the fact they don't specifically say NO ASSISTED SUICIDE even though it's illegal almost everywhere and if it's not then it's not a problem is it...

this all means the government is just wanting to kill you off!:rolleyes:

I wonder... it doesn't specifically say anything about your kids not coming in your hospital room and beating you to death..... OMG THEY WANT CHILDREN TO BE ABLE TO KILL THEIR PARENTS!!!!!:rolleyes:

I dont know about this bill Top Gun but this did actually happen in my community.

Oregon Government health care told a woman they will not pay for her cancer treatment but they will pay for her doctor assisted suicide.

This is oregon health care and not an national plan so its obviously different but it is government...

Werbung:
If you can get in can you post a page?

if it says on page 193 this or that, can you just post the page 193 ? I can not get into it, I crash when I try

I would like to see this page in full if anyone could post it.

Page 430

I've only pasted the first 74 pages. I can post one of those, but not page 193. It takes quite a while to paste, and if I try to do too many pages at once, the Word program crashes.

Back