Hillary asks not to be nominated at convention

Popeye

Not that it matters anyway but despite supporters attempting to get supers to change their minds, unless Clinton formally files, the effort will go for naught.

A source close to the New York senator confirmed she won't file a formal request to the convention asking to be nominated along with Barack Obama, who eked out the victory in their fierce primary slugfest.

"She is not going to submit the signed request," the insider told the Daily News. "People are still circulating petitions on her behalf, but this is a done deal."

Party rules stipulate that Clinton must ask in writing to be nominated herself and also submit a petition signed by 300 to 600 delegates. Without her signed request, petitions of support are meaningless.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...hillary_clinton_asks_not_to_be_nominated.html

Werbung:
I'm guessing Obama made that an additional condition for paying off her $20 million campaign debt. Now I'm REALLY getting empathetic embarassment for Hillary's degradation.

From the cited NYT article:
A source close to the New York senator confirmed she won't file a formal request to the convention asking to be nominated..

..Nevertheless, delegates can vote for whomever they want during the roll call of the states. Personally and through surrogates, Clinton has counseled her 1,886 delegates to vote for Obama...

.."Hillary Clinton is 100% committed to helping Barack Obama become the next President of the United States and realizes there are passionate feelings that remain among many of her supporters," said Clinton spokeswoman Kathleen Strand. "No decisions have been made at this time.

Careful now, this "insider information" thing has backfired on the media before.

"Personally and through surrogates, Clinton has counseled her 1,886 delegates to vote for Obama.."

Really? According to what source? Again, be careful. I just read an article last week that said close to two dozen superdelegates have defected to Clinton from Obama and that the whole thing is still up in the air.

I think this is another attempt of media to carefully word an article to affect a certain outcome in yet another vote to Hillary's detriment...

When she gives a press conference where she herself formally shows us a signed document handing her delegates over to Obama, then I'll believe it. And not a minute before.

All that certainty from the NYT then they cover their spinning butts with this final statement they hope people are too shattered to read by the end:

"No decisions have been made at this time.

Really? Then what about the meat of the entire foregoing article. These guys are clever. They've been at it for decades..

From the cited NYT article:

Careful now, this "insider information" thing has backfired on the media before.

"Personally and through surrogates, Clinton has counseled her 1,886 delegates to vote for Obama.."

Really? According to what source? Again, be careful. I just read an article last week that said close to two dozen superdelegates have defected to Clinton from Obama and that the whole thing is still up in the air.

I think this is another attempt of media to carefully word an article to affect a certain outcome in yet another vote to Hillary's detriment...

When she gives a press conference where she herself formally shows us a signed document handing her delegates over to Obama, then I'll believe it. And not a minute before.

All that certainty from the NYT then they cover their spinning butts with this final statement they hope people are too shattered to read by the end:

Really? Then what about the meat of the entire foregoing article. These guys are clever. They've been at it for decades..

Nominated or not nominated many will write in her name come November and there is nothing that the messiah can do about it.

Yes it's a done deal... been a done deal for a long time now. It was a great primary. Really good candidates this go around with Obama, Hillary & Edwards.

Clinton Will Not File Request for Nomination
By Denise Williams
Aug 1st 2008 3:42PM
Filed Under:eHillary Clinton, Breaking News, Conventions

The NY Daily News is reporting that Senator Clinton will NOT file the paperwork necessary to place her name in nomination at the Democratic National Convention later this month in Denver, CO.

Party rules stipulate that Clinton must ask in writing to be nominated herself and also submit a petition signed by 300 to 600 delegates. Without her signed request, petitions of support are meaningless.

Clinton is also assumed to release her delegates when she speaks at the convention on August 26th, however delegates can still vote for whomever they wish.

This move will take any potential embarrassment to the party or to Senators Obama and Clinton out of the mix. Clinton could be embarrassed by a roll call vote that shows she has less delegates than she had at the end of the primary as some delegates have already signaled their intention to vote Obama.

July 30, 2008
Clinton to speak Tuesday at Democratic convention
Posted: 11:55 PM ET

From CNN White House Correspondent Suzanne Malveaux

CNN's Suzanne Malveaux has learned that Sen. Clinton will speak Tuesday night at the Democratic convention.

(CNN) — Sen. Hillary Clinton has agreed to speak on the second night of next month's Democratic convention, headlining on the 88th anniversary of the day women earned the right to vote, sources say.

Two sources close to Clinton said the former presidential candidate will speak August 26 with all female U.S. senators on stage with her.

"Tuesday night is Hillary night," said one supporter.

That night is the anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, which gave women the right to vote.

Hey republican TopGun, don't forget the last quote from the article at its very end that negates all the quotes you just provided:

Again:

"No decisions have been made at this time.

It's position at the very end of the article nullifies the entire article's potency.

That's just one trick of spin. There are so many.

The article seeks to douse enthusiasm of superdelegates who might teeter dangerously on the edge of switching like nearly a couple of dozen have already to Clinton.

It seeks to shock and sadden Clinton supporters and squelch their momentum. It banks that the message is so bleak that the majority of its readers won't follow down to its end, where it says, in effect, "by the way, this article is based on pure GOP/hopeful speculation."

I tell you, if nothing else this election has been an ongoing lesson in the art of spin.

Or the art of BS, as I like to call it..

And why is a rightster like TopGun seeming so eager to blast Hillary off the face of the election...like so many BigMedia pundits were all along...the same pundits who know the Sinclair story is "in play" but won't report on it...yet..?

No mystery. They promoted and covertly continue to promote Obama as "the only viable candidate [read: don't be ridiculous] because a Clinton/McCain race this Fall would end in a predictable and merciless trouncing of the GOP's hopes of another BigOil neocon in the Oval Office. They are scared out of their boxer shorts that not only will we have a Congress that won't budge on BigOil monopoly, but also a President. Their only hope would be the stacked Supreme Court, and a couple of those judges are set to retire in the next administration..

Yes, TopGun and his buddies want to portray the complete elimination of Clinton as a possibility. Their very livelihoods depend on that portrayal.

As for writing-in Hillary, research provides that in many states, unless she registers on the ballots as a running candidate, the votes there for her are protest votes and don't count for her. So if by some chance she is going to support the Obama nomination, she may be heading to run for another party. In that case, Obama and McCain are both finished. The bottom line is, if Hillary Clinton wants to walk in the Oval Office next year as president, all she has to do is decide that's what she wants. The votes will be there in a landslide.. The technicalities of how she gets on the ballot are just that, technicalities. And don't forget, she's a lawyer. So the only thing between her and the presidency is her desire to have it and go after it.

The choice between dumb and dumber is frustrating people so badly that to see her name next to theirs on the ballot would be like manna from heaven for a stupendous majority of voters..

I'm guessing Obama made that an additional condition for paying off her $20 million campaign debt. Now I'm REALLY getting empathetic embarassment for Hillary's degradation.

I'm not. She deserves all of this and more. Anything short of jail time is getting off easy for the scummyest women ever in politics. Sadly, she might turn into a Ted Kennedy, who after giving up the dream of being president, tortured us for decades of Senate service... God help us.

Sihouette;53365]Hey republican TopGun, don't forget the last quote from the article at its very end that negates all the quotes you just provided:

WOW!!! Someone called me a Republican. Can't say that happens everyday!:D

It's not about demoralizing anybody... heck I want you on our team. We have very common goals and we both know John McCain is a train wreck.

I think you just make yourself the butt of jokes though when you fail to accept the reality of this situation. You do know that it's not that long until everyone's going to be saying... told ya so months ago. The things that can't be gotten around are this. A) Hillary is not signing in so she can't get the nomination. B) Hillary absolutely has LESS delegates than she did at the end of the primaries anyway because many have switched to Obama.

This is the article I'm going off of in it's entirety.

Hillary Clinton Asks Not to be Nominated at Dem Convention
by Pamela Leavey
August 1st, 2008 @ 2:37 pm

The New York Daily News is reporting that a “source close to” Hillary Clinton has ”confirmed she won’t file a formal request to the convention asking to be nominated along with Barack Obama.”

Personally, I’m not surprised at all by this news and have suspected that it was a given that she would not request to be nominated. She bowed out gracefully and threw her support 100% to Barack Obama, regadless of the fact that some people can’t seem to get it.

“She is not going to submit the signed request,” the insider told the Daily News. “People are still circulating petitions on her behalf, but this is a done deal.”

Regardless of the fact that Clinton will not formally submit her name for nomination, “delegates can vote for whomever they want during the roll call of the states.” But, the New York Daily News notes, as other media sources have in recent weeks, that “personally and through surrogates, Clinton has counseled her 1,886 delegates to vote for Obama.”

A source familiar with discussions inside the Clinton camp told The News she may release those delegates when she speaks to the convention on Aug. 26.

The bottomline for those “resisting her pleas for party unity” is that “”Hillary Clinton is 100% committed to helping Barack Obama become the next President of the United States and realizes there are passionate feelings that remain among many of her supporters,” said Clinton spokeswoman Kathleen Strand.”

Clinton supporters who are still holding out on joining in with the “party unity” movement, realy need to wake up and realize what is at stake. We simply can not afford to lose this election because some people can’t move past the primaries.

Oops. You forgot to add the last two sentences of the article..

Again..:p

Here, let me post it for you so you can commit it to memory..

...and realizes there are passionate feelings that remain among many of her supporters," said Clinton spokeswoman Kathleen Strand. "No decisions have been made at this time.

That right there is the whole article my friend. The rest is GOP smokescreen speculation.

Wouldn't it be funny if @ the convention the super delegates change their minds and vote for Hillary after seeing that Obama is a true elitist as Hillary pointed out. He is a true flip flopper and it shows on the polls. People are losing hope on "the one".....

Yeah and wouldn't it be great if superdelegates looked at the Sinclair story with a discerning eye to see if it could be used by the GOP effectively to completely ruin our chances of a dem as President, nevermind if it's true or not?

Look at what's coming? Plan ahead? Use strategy?

In a perfect world..:rolleyes:

Oops. You forgot to add the last two sentences of the article..

Again..:p

Here, let me post it for you so you can commit it to memory..

That right there is the whole article my friend. The rest is GOP smokescreen speculation.

I've seen it both ways. And the adding or subtracting of that blurb would not change a single thing. Hillary DID NOT SIGN OR SUBMIT the request to be nominated. Hillary has LESS DELEGATES than she did at the end of the primaries... which she also LOST.:)

I posted the full and exact quote from the page I pulled up. If you think that there is any possible way Senator Obama is not going to be the Democratic Nominee... let alone Hillary Clinton is going to be...

Then let's just mark this here and now for future credibility's sake. I guess I'll just have to wait till after Denver to point out that your "judgment" & "intuition" is so very bad because there will then be that history to point at.

This thread reminds me of something...what was it...?

Oh yes! Tim Russert's premature "Hillary doesn't have a chance [paraphrased]" wet-blanket trick, designed to turn the minds of voters, in this case, superdelegates, back to the "winner". (who wants to back a "loser"? ;) )

And of course he died Friday the 13th, in a weird continuum of deaths/grave prognoses associated with those who promoted Obama over Hillary.. (See "the weird santeria/voodoo/curse of the 2008 election" thread)

You should be careful pre-determining a Hillary defeat in this election year; it would seem the statistics suggest.

Unless you're not the superstitious type. Then by all means, go ahead..!

Werbung:
Sihouette;53811]This thread reminds me of something...what was it...?

Oh yes! Tim Russert's premature "Hillary doesn't have a chance [paraphrased]"

This tread reminds you of Tim Russert being RIGHT???????:D

See we have something in common. It reminds me of that TOO!!!:D

Back