How about a new Council of Nicea?

Do you suppose that having hundreds of millions of dollars to pay out to ransom pedophile priests would be considered part of an "improper" relationship with money? The church has billions, people are starving, where is the Love Others As Yourself in that?

Yes I would suppose that the scandal around the handling of the pedophile priests does include an improper relationship with money.

That does n't change the fact that you seem to have an ax to grind and only search for the bad in all things associated with organized religion.

Werbung:
Your robin hood economics would cause MORE PROBLEMS THAN IT ACTUALLY SOLVES. Or would your rather that this contextless discussion be made to accomadate the economic context? Oh, and jesus' ministry received donations from rich and powerful patrons for the use of the ministry, and not solely to be distributed to the needy.Nonsense.Did you not say that homosexuality may be considered an act of conjugal love?Please deny the statement let us see you lie some more.
Haven't I claimed previously that sex, whether hetero or otherwise, can never accrue to a moral good in and of itself?Duh?Because no one I know eats excrement. Nor is eating excrement particularly high on society's moral ills department.Hello?Wow.And all the while I thought that everyone is unique.
That is correct.Your problem stems from your inability to distinguish between equality and uniqueness.
Anyone who can not decipher LOVE OTHERS AS YOURSELF except as a manifesto by Jesus to commit twisted sex is not smart enough to discuss with me.

That is exactly what is wrong with gnostic thought. It completely ignores responsibility in the exercise of one's free will. And I'd imagine you'd love such a situation.At the very least, judas was guilty of being clueless. He iwas a zealot (iscariot probably coming from scarii). He was forcing his zealot world-view on everyone else, orchestrating a confrontation between jesus against roman and jewish authorities. He probabaly figured that a confrontation would initiate a general revolt.
Come to think of it, your ideas are much like judas', as far as forcing your own belief on others is concerned.What point other than fashion sense are you aiming for here?Unfortunately, it is necessary ever since jp2's attempted assassination. The first thing he did, btw, was visit his assassins in jail to forgive him.Nonsense.Like any organization, the church is being managed financially. Its not like he can buy anything that he pleases. He would have to request and justify it.I read that when jp2 requested a pool built in his summer residence, it was denied due to financial constraints. He justified it by saying that a pool is immensely cheaper than another conclave. By the same reasoning, building a private pool would be immensely cheaper than swimming in a public pool.What exactly did you imagine jesus say about the accumulation of wealth, hmmm?
Anyone who can not decipher LOVE OTHERS AS YOURSELF except as a manifesto by Jesus to commit twisted sex is not smart enough to discuss with me.

Of course he is vital to the story. He is, after all, one of the antagonists. I can't imagine how, even without any context, a story can proceed without an antagonist.Duh?Is this true? The american justice system may be bought?How do you expect people to believe anything you say if you insist on conjuring errors of fact and errors of logic, hmmm?
Not only is the church managing various charities around the world, it is also a major contributor to them. Caritas comes to mind.Now, if you are saying that you have given all your assets and put all your salary to charity, then you might have a point.

Yes I would suppose that the scandal around the handling of the pedophile priests does include an improper relationship with money.

That does n't change the fact that you seem to have an ax to grind and only search for the bad in all things associated with organized religion.

Being on the receiving end of some of it helps me see it. Discussing it with Christians like you, Nums, and Andy tends to reinforce the perception of bad things because you agree with those things, you support the abuses, you are proud of your actions that hurt others, and you seem to revel in your smug righteousness at the expense of others who have not harmed you nor anyone else.

If Christianity was about LOVING GOD and LOVING OTHERS AS YOURSELF I would get along with it just fine. But as long as you demand that you get rights that you deny to others for no reason but bigotry, then we will disagree. Unlike you, however, I will not hurt you, all I will do is continue to talk about the abuses as I see them.

Either your computer encountered technical problems or your brain did.

Tell me, would you rather be loved as a masochist loves himself?

Nope, didn't think so.

What makes you think jesus meant the commandment of love to be taken in such an absurd manner, then?

And when exactly did you imagine I said that, hmmm?
In your next post, Nums, and you said it on the other thread as well. See below. You said that Jesus' words were "vague" and then you went on to show how you would interpret them, first you used homosexuality and then masochism. Only you, Numbs, only you.

Either your computer encountered technical problems or your brain did.

Tell me, would you rather be loved as a masochist loves himself?

Nope, didn't think so.

What makes you think jesus meant the commandment of love to be taken in such an absurd manner, then?

In your next post, Nums, and you said it on the other thread as well. See below.

LMAO.

So I take it that the masochist ought to love everyone as himself -- in conformity with YOUR absurd interpretation of the commandment of love?

Don't bother to answer. Bull$hit is finite, after all. At some point, it beomces plain what your opinions really amount to.

LMAO.

So I take it that the masochist ought to love everyone as himself -- in conformity with YOUR absurd interpretation of the commandment of love?

Don't bother to answer. Bull$hit is finite, after all. At some point, it beomces plain what your opinions really amount to.

Poor ol' Numbs, you can't figure out that sex and love are not the same. It makes me wonder what you think the commandment LOVE GOD means. Are you going to use that commandment to argue that we should all f**k God?

You obviously aren't smart enough to understand a simple 4 word commandment that everyone manages to understand. Sad for you, Numbs.

Poor ol' Numbs, you can't figure out that sex and love are not the same. It makes me wonder what you think the commandment LOVE GOD means. Are you going to use that commandment to argue that we should all f**k God?

Of course not.

The commandment did not say 'love god as yourself' did it?

Duh?

You obviously aren't smart enough to understand a simple 4 word commandment that everyone manages to understand. Sad for you, Numbs.

Of course.

Simple-mindedness isn't one of my stronger suits.

Of course not.

The commandment did not say 'love god as yourself' did it?
No, it didn't, that makes it even more vague doesn't it? Poor Numbs, it's good you have the Pope to help you understand--or maybe not, the Pope seems to be soft on pedophiles. And Jesus didn't mean that either.

No, it didn't, that makes it even more vague doesn't it?

Of course not.

It states two different natures -- human and divine -- hence two different contexts of love.

For a self-proclaimed member of mensa, you are certainly slow.

Poor Numbs, it's good you have the Pope to help you understand--or maybe not, the Pope seems to be soft on pedophiles.

Nonsense.

I peruse all sorts of philosophical thought in history to help me understand, not just the pope.

And Jesus didn't mean that either.

And why the hell not?

If jesus saw it fit to forgive prostitutes, tax collectors, roman soldiers, even the people who crucified him, what makes you think he won't forgive a pedophile, or even you?

Of course not.It states two different natures -- human and divine -- hence two different contexts of love.For a self-proclaimed member of mensa, you are certainly slow.Nonsense.I peruse all sorts of philosophical thought in history to help me understand, not just the pope.And why the hell not? If jesus saw it fit to forgive prostitutes, tax collectors, roman soldiers, even the people who crucified him, what makes you think he won't forgive a pedophile, or even you?

You still can't figure out what Jesus was talking about so 23 skiddo.

Werbung:
You still can't figure out what Jesus was talking about so 23 skiddo.

LOL.

I have done nothing except educate you for the longest time, it seems. You really need to be more respectful of your betters. Oh, and you need to stay away from dung. Your posts have become particularly odious.

Back