How has the Iraq war affected you personally?

USMC the Almighty

For me, I've done two tours and have had many close friends killed in combat, but I wonder how much this war has affected the average American. I can't help but think back to the days of WW2 where Americans consumer power was limited through rationing, the daily war bond drives, etc...

So, then, what effect has our engagement in Iraq had on your life?

Werbung:
For me, I've done two tours and have had many close friends killed in combat, but I wonder how much this war has affected the average American. I can't help but think back to the days of WW2 where Americans consumer power was limited through rationing, the daily war bond drives, etc...

So, then, what effect has our engagement in Iraq had on your life?

It's a little ironic. Iraq wouldn't have had any effect on my life (up until recently when a few of my friends joined the military) if it wasn't having an effect. Allow me to clarify: it doesn't personally effect me in any way. The effect it is having is having an effect on me: headlines, political rallies, lots of angry people shouting about things they don't know a whole lot about...you get the gist.

We actually owe Saddam some grattitude. He did us a huge favor in showing us how flat out stupid our politicians really are.

Werbung:
No thats how its affected me. It made me realize just how flat out stupid our politicians really are.

you asked.

Where and when did you serve by the way?

I belong to the HMH-465 USMC helo squadron. We primarily fly CH-53s and provide assault support, and on occasion, I get the opportunity to fly the AH-1W attack helo.

Delpoyed to Al Asad and Al Anbar province in late 03/early 04 and late 05.

Back