Human rights laws to be abolished in UK to fight terrorism

Werbung:
hah yeah it is from a scottish newspaper.

Basically, Tony Blair introduced a law which means terror suspects can be detained without trial for around 50-100 days (I can't remember which) but he wanted to extend it to over 200 days.
I don't actually really see the difference with this, except if it becomes an indefinite imprisonment.

This, to me, signals the start of a slippery slope towards a police state and I don't like it. What if they start using this law for people who aren't terrorists. People should always have the right to a trial, whatever their crime.

Werbung:
hah yeah it is from a scottish newspaper.

Basically, Tony Blair introduced a law which means terror suspects can be detained without trial for around 50-100 days (I can't remember which) but he wanted to extend it to over 200 days.
I don't actually really see the difference with this, except if it becomes an indefinite imprisonment.

This, to me, signals the start of a slippery slope towards a police state and I don't like it. What if they start using this law for people who aren't terrorists. People should always have the right to a trial, whatever their crime.

I feel your pain. The potential restrictions that we can face in the name of safety is ridiculous.

Back