Icons for Private Groups

GenSeneca

Under "edit group" we can upload our own image, its supposed to show up in the social group preview but its not working.

Social Groups Page

The social groups that do not upload an image have the following group icon:

unknown_sg.gif

That icon is 80x80. If I understand what the customize group page is saying, we can use images that are 200x200 but they will be scaled down to 80x80 for the icon preview.

I've tried uploading 50x50, 80x80, 150x150 and 200x200 and while all of them appear on my group page, they do not show up on the preview, not in my profile nor on the groups page.

Take a look at it... Its not a big deal but I didn't know if you knew it was not working.

Werbung:
That part is above my ability. That is a Walter question. While he checks the site regularly, if you dont see a post in this thread concerning your issue, you might want to shoot him a PM.

As a side note, and you wont hurt my feelings if it isnt adopted as I am not a member of the Calico group(my mentioning it will probably take it out of the running)...in Alaska we have the chum salmon. Also known as Calico or dog salmon. In its spawning colors it turns a dramatic color with purple and black and sometimes other color stripes on a green background. They also develop some very aggressive tooth schemes once they hit fresh water.

This would be a classic chum salmon in its calico phase.
collage_lb_image_page1_1_1.png

This would be a classic chum salmon in its calico phase.
collage_lb_image_page1_1_1.png

Thats one heck of a fish Bunz... I think you said you fish, do you catch those? You mentioned they change when they hit fresh water, can they survive in fresh or salt water?

As for Calico symbols and logos, I have a few already:

CaLiCo Party symbol, a Capitalist Pig:
picture.php

CaLiCo Shield, defending liberty:
picture.php

The CaLiCo Cat:
picture.php

I might use that fish in a poster though, thank you.

Thats one heck of a fish Bunz... I think you said you fish, do you catch those? You mentioned they change when they hit fresh water, can they survive in fresh or salt water?
Yeah, like most natural salmon, they are born in fresh water, move to salt water where they live for a number of years, and mature, then return to the same stream and spawn again. Then die, leaving thier carcass to provide nutrients for the river, and helping thier smolt. It is an amazing characteristic of most salmon.

As for the Calico, it is more or less the spawning phase of the chum salmon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chum_salmon

While in this article is says they are the least commercially valuable of the big 5 salmon species, that is actually not quite true. The humpback or pink salmon is worth less per pound and is most often canned. Whereas now, most of the commercially caught chums are going to some of the poppular chain restuarants(Applebees, TGIF, etc). Where they serve them as sandwiches or something(I have never been to one). So yes I catch a considerable amount probably(7-10 ton average annually) We also harvest them for subsistence purposes. Because they are a bigger size than the sockeye(red) salmon, but run at the same time, they arent always the target fish, but here we pickle lots of them, eat them fresh, smoke them, and jar them. Most are somehow jarred. They are often called dog salmon for two reasons, because of the mean teeth they develop in the calico stage, but more importantly, the large heads they have are given to the dogs for food.

Mushers and pet owners alike will freeze them and provide that as a meal for thier dog. It is very nutritional, and the oils make the dog coats very shiny and healthy.

They also have per capita the highest levels of Omega 3 Fatty Acids.

Sorry gave you a drawn out answer, but when it comes to talking fish, I can get long winded. :D
As for Calico symbols and logos, I have a few already:
I might use that fish in a poster though, thank you.
Im glad I can help, just want to keep in mind any copyright issues. I probably broke some rule there. (But if the owner wants it removed I would comply.)

Sorry gave you a drawn out answer, but when it comes to talking fish, I can get long winded.
Quite alright, very informative and I'm glad to learn something new. As for being long winded, I'm the same way when talking about politics and philosophy... as you well know.

Im glad I can help, just want to keep in mind any copyright issues. I probably broke some rule there. (But if the owner wants it removed I would comply.)
This is the image I'm using for the group:
image.php

unknown_sg.gif

That icon is 80x80. If I understand what the customize group page is saying, we can use images that are 200x200 but they will be scaled down to 80x80 for the icon preview.

I've tried uploading 50x50, 80x80, 150x150 and 200x200 and while all of them appear on my group page, they do not show up on the preview, not in my profile nor on the groups page.

Take a look at it... Its not a big deal but I didn't know if you knew it was not working.

Do you try to upload it from your local computer or from a website? Do you get any error message? For me it worked: https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/group.php?groupid=6

Do you try to upload it from your local computer or from a website? Do you get any error message? For me it worked: https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/group.php?groupid=6

I uploaded it from my comp and got no error message.

The image does show up once you're viewing the specific groups page.... its on the groups preview page and the group preview on your profile that its not working:

Social Groups Page:
https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/group.php

Group Memberships box on your profile page:
https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/member.php?u=963

Werbung:
Back